X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zim3031
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by Zim3031
    Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

The Bears did not play well at all, we had a chance to win it.
    We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.
    The Bears had -1 passing yards in the first half. -1!! How on Earth is that playing well? The Bears gave the Jets every chance to win this game.
    Which is why you play 2 halfs in Football, not one. And TJ ripped you guys for about 70 yards in the first half; and Benson had about 30. Rex actually had about 20 yards in the first half (not counting the sack yardage).

The first half was a stalemate, you guys may have had a little bit of an edge in play but not much, both teams were pretty stagnant. The 2nd Half we won which is why we won the game.

We took advantages of our opportunities and you didn't. We made the plays to win the game and you didn't. It was that simple.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
      Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.
      The Bears had -1 passing yards in the first half. -1!! How on Earth is that playing well? The Bears gave the Jets every chance to win this game.
      Which is why you play 2 halfs in Football, not one. And TJ ripped you guys for about 70 yards in the first half; and Benson had about 30. Rex actually had about 20 yards in the first half (not counting the sack yardage).

The first half was a stalemate, you guys may have had a little bit of an edge in play but not much, both teams were pretty stagnant. The 2nd Half we won which is why we won the game.

We took advantages of our opportunities and you didn't. We made the plays to win the game and you didn't. It was that simple.
      I hate agreeing with a fan of the team that just beat us, but its that simple. The Bears did what they needed to win, we did not. In the first half they played poorly, we couldn't execute. In the second half, they didn't play their best game, but they played well enough to beat us, they made just enough plays.

Comment

• we need a new Quarterback

Comment

• Originally posted by J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
          we need a new Quarterback
          eh i dont know bout that, i mean we have clemens waiting in the wings we don't need someone new.

Comment

What? The Bears played like crap for a team the quality of the Bears. Are you telling me that an 8-1 team should squeak out a win against a 5-4 team who admittedly got there by an easy schedule?

I mean, the Jets aren't a pushover, but if the Bears are having a *good* game, it should have been by more than 10 points...

Comment

• Well, with our schedule the way it looks, our record should at least be 8-8 and at the most 11-5 obviously. I think we will go 9-7 probably with losses to either the Packers, Dolphins or Vikings. If we win out we can probably take the 5th spot in the conference or if the Pats lose to 3 teams we could take the division. If the Dolphins finish as strong as they did last year it is very possible that we take the division with the Pats losing to the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bears being their losable games. The only way I see us making the playoffs is the Dolphins beat the Pats in week 14 and then we beat them in week 16. If we lose one more game, especially if it is to the Dolphins, the playoffs aren't much of an option. The only way we make it is if we finish 5-1 in the division at 11-5 and the Pats go 11-5 and have a 4-2 divisional record with a loss vs. the Dolphins. Lets hope.

Comment

Jones "ripped" us for 55 in the first half, not 70, which is still very good but not amazing and not like he completely tore us to shreds. Plus 17 of those came on his third and long run with the fumble review, which meant nothing since you just punted the next play. Benson had 26. We definitely had the edge in the first half, in total yards of offense we had a 81 yard edge at 141-60, more than double what you had. We actually put a few drives together. It's frustrating because we really did outplay you in the first half and then handed you the momentum after halftime and you got 10 points and the win. We got outplayed in the second half because you had the momentum on your side, and plus you could just sit back and hand it off and milk the clock because we can't stop the run. Grossman did better in the second half, but he only completed 50% of his passes! Plus he got about 1/3 of his yards because Bradley made a nice play after the catch because we can't tackle. If we took an early lead like we should have and forced you to throw the ball things may have been different and at least the game would have been more respectable, and if we didn't turn the ball over who knows.

As far as the playoffs go, I know Pennington gives us our best shot to win but I just don't see us going to the playoffs right now with him playing quarterback with the lack of consistency he has shown.

Comment

• i tried calling this comment into WFAN during my luch period but couldn't get through. When the score is 0-0 how can you not trust your kicker, who was consistant from that range in college, from 52 yards and later i think from 50. If he was taken in the 2nd round i hope he's capable of making one.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
                    i tried calling this comment into WFAN during my luch period but couldn't get through. When the score is 0-0 how can you not trust your kicker, who was consistant from that range in college, from 52 yards and later i think from 50. If he was taken in the 2nd round i hope he's capable of making one.
                    He's been a disappointment for me. His career long is like 49...I thought he was supposed to be a lock to solidify a team's kicking game for a decade and he certainly hasn't done that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp

What? The Bears played like crap for a team the quality of the Bears. Are you telling me that an 8-1 team should squeak out a win against a 5-4 team who admittedly got there by an easy schedule?

I mean, the Jets aren't a pushover, but if the Bears are having a *good* game, it should have been by more than 10 points...
                      If we win, it's a good game. If we lose, it was a bad game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Originally posted by frogstomp

If we win, it's a good game. If we lose, it was a bad game.
                        So you think the Bears played up to their potential? Hell, up to 50% of their potential?

I'm not insulting the Bears at all... I'm saying that if they had played a good game, they would have beat us even worse.

Comment

• Why not put him in?

I mean look at this! He is better than Leinart and Young-right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo

I would just feel bad benching Chad because of what he has done for the Jets. Anyone have actual footage of Clemens playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gang Green
                            Why not put him in?

I mean look at this! He is better than Leinart and Young-right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo

I would just feel bad benching Chad because of what he has done for the Jets. Anyone have actual footage of Clemens playing?
                            Merril Hodge was on record as saying Leinart was at best a 2nd rounder because of arm strength and VY was a late round developmental....WR at best. Its just because they weren't "factor backs". Basically on ESPN's 2007 draft coverage Merril will be plugging Brian Leonard for the entire first round.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Guys, does Leon Washington have any nicknames or catch phrases? Like "Neon" ? I need it for a sig.

Thanks.
                              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• when we firsted drafted leon washington i called him neon leon, but then i thought he is no where neon deion so i just stop callin him that, but now neon leon is pretty sweat.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information