• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222
    Originally posted by jetsfan3
    Originally posted by vilma
    i dont want manning on my team...he cant win in cold weather and new york is cold
    How can you not what a 6'5, 230 pound Quarterback with a laser, rocket arm.
    because when he comes here he wont have marvin harrison, reggie wayne, Utech, dallas clark, brandon stokley, joe addai, domminick rhodes, tarik glenn, jeff staurday, and a dome stadium.
    First off, learn how to quote. Secondly, I do not care who we have on our team, Peyton Manning is an instant upgrade. What does Tom Brady have? Please, saying you don't want Peyton on your team is ridiculous.
    I'm not taking either side in this discussion because I think it's completely moronic, but what does that have to do with anything? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are two completely different quarterbacks with completely different supporting casts, just because Brady has done it without a great supporting cast (although the line isn't too shabby) doesn't mean Manning can.
    What he's saying is that Peyton would not be good without a supporting cast. My point is that Brady gets it done without a supporting cast, and Manning is arguably a better QB and he is saying that a QB can't get it done without good players around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
      Originally posted by derza222
      i dont want manning on my team...he cant win in cold weather and new york is cold
      because when he comes here he wont have marvin harrison, reggie wayne, Utech, dallas clark, brandon stokley, joe addai, domminick rhodes, tarik glenn, jeff staurday, and a dome stadium.
      First off, learn how to quote. Secondly, I do not care who we have on our team, Peyton Manning is an instant upgrade. What does Tom Brady have? Please, saying you don't want Peyton on your team is ridiculous.
      I'm not taking either side in this discussion because I think it's completely moronic, but what does that have to do with anything? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are two completely different quarterbacks with completely different supporting casts, just because Brady has done it without a great supporting cast (although the line isn't too shabby) doesn't mean Manning can.
      What he's saying is that Peyton would not be good without a supporting cast. My point is that Brady gets it done without a supporting cast, and Manning is arguably a better QB and he is saying that a QB can't get it done without good players around him.
      If Manning and Brady retire tomorrow, they both probably are in the Hall of Fame. Case closed. It reminds me of the old Knick arguement when Knick fans would say they wouldn't want Jordan ever on their team, because they wanted to be the ones to beat him . Noble but nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
        Could we stop the Peyton argument? It really is rediculous. Everyone would say he's a top 3 QB in the NFL, and most would say #1. So thats just a stupid thing to say. And it doesn't apply to the Jets anyway so lets drop it.
        Actually it kind of does. You may not remember it but in '96 ,when the jets had the #1 pick(that would later be used on Keyshawn), Peyton was finishing up his junior season and was strongly leading towards declaring for the draft. However BP reportedly had talked to Peyton (And his father actually) and admittedly said that he would try to trade the #1 pick rather than take Peyton. Thus scaring Manning away from declaring. Peyton returned for his senior season, we drafted Keyshawn and the rest is history.

In other words, Peyton Manning could very well have been a New York Jet. I don't really like to dwell on it, but you brought it up.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I may be a year off, i'm too tired right now to think straight :mrgreen:

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
          Originally posted by derza222
          I don't agree personally, in my opinion it's like comparing apples and oranges, they're completely different quarterbacks that had success for completely different reasons. Agree to disagree? Regardless, saying that you don't want Peyton on your team would be foolish, but it's completely unrealistic at this point so like I said the discussion is pretty pointless. I'd love Chad Johnson and Steve Smith too, we could have drafted both in 2001 instead of LaMont and Santana, but we're not discussing that...

Comment

• Im so sorry i mocked someone by mentioning Peyton.

Comment

• First Jersey change of the offseason!

Not too good, but thought everyone would enjoy this picture for when we hopefully sign Samuel

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                First Jersey change of the offseason!

Not too good, but thought everyone would enjoy this picture for when we hopefully sign Samuel
                haha nice, not that it's important but the jersey is a little dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by PMD
                  Originally posted by frogstomp
                  I'm just watching the NFL network, and they're showing the AFC practice. For some reason they actually are playing Miller at Corner. :shock:
                  Lord have mercy. What is more sickening, the fact that they are showing Pro Bowl Practice, or that you're watching it?
                  deedy's on a rampage...

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by PMD
                    I'm just watching the NFL network, and they're showing the AFC practice. For some reason they actually are playing Miller at Corner. :shock:
                    Lord have mercy. What is more sickening, the fact that they are showing Pro Bowl Practice, or that you're watching it?
                    :roll:

Look at the time of my post. There's nothing on then but soap operas, and just because you care about what's going on in Passions doesn't mean anyone else does.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp
                      Originally posted by PMD

Look at the time of my post. There's nothing on then but soap operas, and just because you care about what's going on in Passions doesn't mean anyone else does.
                      calm down he was just joking, stop PMSing over it

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                        Originally posted by PMD

or PMDing over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                          The next time I want your opinion, I'll ask my neighbours pet pig. I'll get twice the intelligence, and half the squealing.

Comment

• Since we are on the topic, I really don't like most of you guys.

:)

Just kidding 8)

I know it is way early to predict these things but does anyone else see the AFC East being one of the hardest divisions in football next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                              Since we are on the topic, I really don't like most of you guys.

Just kidding 8)

I know it is way early to predict these things but does anyone else see the AFC East being one of the hardest divisions in football next year?
                              Honestly? No. I see it being a medium strength division. The Dolphins are undergoing another coaching change, and QB is a huge question for them. The Bills have so many question marks, and their best player might be leaving. As for us, we have a lot of questions in the groud game on both sides of the ball (as of now). The Pats look like they'll be strong, but they're almost definitely going to be losing Samuel, and might be losing Graham. They have such few options in the passing game as it is...

It could inch up into a strong division, but I'm guessing mediocrity again this year, and then being one of the top divisions next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                                Since we are on the topic, I really don't like most of you guys.

Just kidding 8)

just to chime in, i think it be tough to tell, how many can say that buffalo or miami will make the playoffs for sure? where as the nfc east, nfc south, or maybe the afc north will be tougher

but i was wonderingg what direction the jets wanted to go in the draft? do you guys want to draft a big bruiser back if you dont make a move for thomas jones?

ive always rooted for the jets, i hope you guys make a move for jones, and draft all defense

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information