Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, we can find a guy that will fit our scheme in the second or third and whoever it is will be much younger than Bly. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
      Dre Bly for a 3rd round pick?? yes or no
      3rd round, yes. anything more, no.

Comment

• Dre Bly? He's terrible and old, don't trade anything for him.

Comment

• dre aint that bad. i think a third isnt to bad for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jets future
            dre aint that bad. i think a third isnt to bad for him.
            Dre isn't that bad but he's 30. I'd rather get a younger guy than just take an old guy who will continue to go downhill fast. If we're trying to build a future Super Bowl team you do that through the draft, and to do it you have to stockpile picks on day 1. I would not give up a third for Dre. Maybe a guy 25 or under I'd give up a first day pick for, but anything outside of that I'd rather fill the need through the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
              in a second, hes a great man-to-man shut down corner...i would maybe even do our 2b pick but only if its on draft day and hes better than anybdoyh left there

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
                Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                in a second, hes a great man-to-man shut down corner...i would maybe even do our 2b pick but only if its on draft day and hes better than anybdoyh left there
                Agreed that hes a good man-to-man corner, but he also takes a lot of gambles. And our scheme is mostly not man to man, mostly zone (if I'm correct) so even though hes good we can definately draft someone to better fit our scheme. I may be the only one, but I think that Daymeion Hughes would be a very good fit and would be a logical 2a pick, if hes still available.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
                  Originally posted by nyjets5125
                  Agreed that hes a good man-to-man corner, but he also takes a lot of gambles. And our scheme is mostly not man to man, mostly zone (if I'm correct) so even though hes good we can definately draft someone to better fit our scheme. I may be the only one, but I think that Daymeion Hughes would be a very good fit and would be a logical 2a pick, if hes still available.
                  You are not the only one, I've been saying I like Hughes for a while now. If we pass on him at 2a I'll be very disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                    Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
                    Originally posted by nyjets5125
                    You are not the only one, I've been saying I like Hughes for a while now. If we pass on him at 2a I'll be very disappointed.
                    depends on whos left, and who we take in the first round... i would love hughes as a 2a pick, but 1. idk if hell be left, 2. if theres better peoele, i wouldnt be dissapointed passing up on him

which corner would you guys rather...bly for a 3rd round pick? or hughes as the 2a pick?

Comment

• Hughes at 2a without a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                        Hughes at 2a without a doubt.
                        i wouldnt say without a doubt, i mean cmon, blys an animal, and im sure we can get a much better player with the 2a pick than the 3 pick, and yeah i no blys like 9 years older or w/e but hes already polished and still has a good 5-6 years left in him and hes proven, we dk how hughes will be

Comment

• i hate scott's new mock for us. he has us taking moses in round 1. hell prob play OLB in the nfl, and i am totally against taking an OLB on day 1. then he has us taking mebane with 2a, which i dont hate but i dont love either. hes not big enough for a NT, but he does look like he could be decent. then with 2b he has us taking irons which i HATE. i dont think hes gonna be good at all. i still think we go:

1-carriker/tyler
                          2a-chris houston
                          2b-hunt

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• I don't see the need for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Didn't we just give BT a big contract to play that position? If a 3-4 DT isn't there, we should go CB or OL. I guess it depends on who drops to us. Let's say a Jarrett or Lynch drop( ala USC's other RB lastyear) then we would have to look.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                              i hate scott's new mock for us. he has us taking moses in round 1. hell prob play OLB in the nfl, and i am totally against taking an OLB on day 1. then he has us taking mebane with 2a, which i dont hate but i dont love either. hes not big enough for a NT, but he does look like he could be decent. then with 2b he has us taking irons which i HATE. i dont think hes gonna be good at all. i still think we go:

1-carriker/tyler
                              2a-chris houston
                              2b-hunt
                              Unfortunately Carriker will be gone. He is flying up the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny4
                                I don't see the need for a pass rushing 3-4 OLB. Didn't we just give BT a big contract to play that position? If a 3-4 DT isn't there, we should go CB or OL. I guess it depends on who drops to us. Let's say a Jarrett or Lynch drop( ala USC's other RB lastyear) then we would have to look.
                                Lendale White. There was a time when one said Lendale was a possibility 4th overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information