This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El$anDollah
    Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.
    what a shame, asante samuel wouldve been such a great signing

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• I don't understand how a Jets fan, can knock Kenny Irons. The guy runs just like Curtis Martin does, in that he sets up his blocks then accelerates through the hole and uses his vision to get to the endzone. Present day, he reminds me of Brian Westbrook and C-Mart, with his combination of vision/acceleration and his multi dimensional demeanor. He's a tough guy, and he will get plowed down in the backfield when blocking, but he stays in there. That's all you can ask, and that slows down defenders. It'll be better then seeing Leon Washington diving at linebackers legs every play.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Briggs and Asante both got tagged, it was on ESPN.

Comment

• ya i woulda loved signing him too but i still think if we can replace Kimo with someone with actual pass rushing ability and create a pass rush with our front 3 or 4 without blitzing so often im pretty sure our 2nd corner (be it miller or whomever) wont be so exposed

Comment

• i know it doesnt address and immediate need. but what do you guys think of sidney rice with our 2a pick if he falls?

i think he needs about 2 years, and then will develop into a true #1 wideout. and by then we will absolutely need one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdafucup
              i know it doesnt address and immediate need. but what do you guys think of sidney rice with our 2a pick if he falls?

i think he needs about 2 years, and then will develop into a true #1 wideout. and by then we will absolutely need one.
              Like always, it depends who's on the board. I guess if he's by far the BPA and there is no one that would truly fill a need worthy of the 2a pick, then Rice would be a good pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdafucup
                i know it doesnt address and immediate need. but what do you guys think of sidney rice with our 2a pick if he falls?

i would love that.....but only in we do well in the offseason to fill our other needs

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                  I don't understand how a Jets fan, can knock Kenny Irons. The guy runs just like Curtis Martin does, in that he sets up his blocks then accelerates through the hole and uses his vision to get to the endzone. Present day, he reminds me of Brian Westbrook and C-Mart, with his combination of vision/acceleration and his multi dimensional demeanor. He's a tough guy, and he will get plowed down in the backfield when blocking, but he stays in there. That's all you can ask, and that slows down defenders. It'll be better then seeing Leon Washington diving at linebackers legs every play.
                  I love Irons, so I'd love to get him. If he tests well at the combine, I'd be more than glad to take him.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                    Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                    I don't understand how a Jets fan, can knock Kenny Irons. The guy runs just like Curtis Martin does, in that he sets up his blocks then accelerates through the hole and uses his vision to get to the endzone. Present day, he reminds me of Brian Westbrook and C-Mart, with his combination of vision/acceleration and his multi dimensional demeanor. He's a tough guy, and he will get plowed down in the backfield when blocking, but he stays in there. That's all you can ask, and that slows down defenders. It'll be better then seeing Leon Washington diving at linebackers legs every play.
                    I love Irons, so I'd love to get him. If he tests well at the combine, I'd be more than glad to take him.
                    I think 2a is a bit high for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                      Originally posted by bakdafucup

Like always, it depends who's on the board. I guess if he's by far the BPA and there is no one that would truly fill a need worthy of the 2a pick, then Rice would be a good pick.
                      I think when a talent like Sidney Rice falls to round 2, we'd hafta jump on it. Even if a player of need is available, I really can't see any talent greater than Rice falling past round 1 so I would really love to take him there. (Not with our first round pick though.) What about Jarrett if he falls, maybe round 1. He'd give us a real goal line threat right away with his height and jumping ability, which is something we really need IMO.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
                        Originally posted by jetsfan3
                        Originally posted by bakdafucup

I think when a talent like Sidney Rice falls to round 2, we'd hafta jump on it. Even if a player of need is available, I really can't see any talent greater than Rice falling past round 1 so I would really love to take him there. (Not with our first round pick though.) What about Jarrett if he falls, maybe round 1. He'd give us a real goal line threat right away with his height and jumping ability, which is something we really need IMO.
                        I'd love Jarrett. I'd still rather have Carriker than Jarrett, but if Carriker isn't there then Jarrett would be a great pick.

Comment

• Another receiver? And a possession receiver at that? That was our strongest position last year. Why on Earth would we want to draft one so early?

Comment

• -Sidney Rice is to raw and inexperienced and is a kind of risky. He has major upside but could be worth it if he is defenitly at 2a. I dont see it though. If we did not go D here I would want a TE.
                            -Dwayne Jarrett would NOT be our first rounder. We have to many needs on D.

Comment

• I'm just going to throw this out there. I'm starting to think that if we package our #1 and #2 to the skins, we could get our hands on Allen Branch. He would be our Seymour. I'm think this falls a little short on the pick value chart.

Comment

• http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/ftball83.aspx

This is the best Jets draft ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information