X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: think about this for a while.....

Originally posted by gio
    my buddies think i'm nuts, but if you just think about the 34 scheme for a sec, would it be totally out of left field to possibly use vilma as trade bait if his role isnt changed after next season? i mean, the guy is awesome, there is no doubt...but if he isnt used like he was his first 2 seasons, he unfortunately may become expendable...and you know MANY teams, WITHOUT A DOUBT, would trade a big time player(RB, WR, etc) for him. i hate to sound like the jets will become a NE clone, but look at those players on NE on defense before '01..a bunch of no-names...but a coach like mangini is all about "bieng at the right place at the right time"...we have many above average LBs who could easily run those schemes on the field...also, with free agent WRs....i really wouldn't mind trying to get Drew Bennett if the price was right...he is a gritty player who has awesome hands...
    This has been brought up numerous times in this thread. The thing is, Vilma is the Quarterback of the defense. Also, we Jet fans feel that a true Nose Tackle would allow Vilma to rome freely, and he would be MUCH better. We can't give up on Vilma right now, for we have no Nose Tackle. Once we solidify that position, Vilma will be back to the animal that he was 2 years ago.

Comment

• vilma is most definately the quarterback of the defense...and just like most players in a brand new system who has the role of "quarterbacking," cannot simply just play He has to think about whats going to happen then react, he is not allowed to just react, like those players who have been in the system for a while do(and he will be one of those players, and he will be great)...its the same thing for a quarterback learning a new system, he played very well this year and i feel another year under his belt he play even better..but i digress i want to point out the play of a former new york jet...james farrior...and his play in respect to casey hampton a true NT, the best NT in the league...he had 142 total tackles in 2001 as a jet and then switched to a 3-4 playing under bill cowher as a steeler and recorded just 82 tackles...granted he missed 2 games but still that doesnt portray to be more than 100 tackles...the next year completely healthy 141 total tackles AMAZING...then next year completely healthy once again only 94 total...hmmm..how could this be...it is NO coincidence that the inside linebacker on this team had a sudden drop in productivity when casey hampton missed 10 games...the following year when hampton played a full season farrior recorded 119 total 3 sacks and 4 int one of his best years..and they won the superbowl....my point is vilma didn't have a horrible year and i believe like most jets fans that with the addition of a top notch NT he'll be the beast he was 2 years ago

Comment

• i wanna know what you guys think about taking leon hall in round 1 if he falls to 25, in my opinion we should wait until round 2 (preferably 2a) to pick a cb, but if hall or revis (would probably be hall) were to fall to us, i would love that pick unless of course carriker is there

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
          I'm stealing this from the NFL Draft Forum but I'm interested in your guy's opinions.

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep our pick, we will use it in a trade down.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we use it on Joe Staley.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that pick is BPA that isn't a QB or a rush OLB, the guy that slips. Hopefully a lineman.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about 3 used on offense and 5 used on defense.

5) If we trade down/up to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is I'd be pretty unhappy if we trade up in the first, but Carriker.

6) But if we trade down/up to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take anybody else.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to my team is Manuel Ramirez.

8 ) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to my team is DeShawn Wynn.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our lines.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is Calvin Johnson

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is I dunno, Brady Quinn I guess.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is Ted Ginn Jr.

13) But Dwayne Jarrett will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another left tackle/center.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is Brandon Myles.

Comment

• Jets | Poteat re-signed
            Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:10:11 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have re-signed CB Hank Poteat to a one-year, $635,000 contract including $40,000 in bonus money.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
              Jets | Poteat re-signed
              Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:10:11 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have re-signed CB Hank Poteat to a one-year, $635,000 contract including $40,000 in bonus money.
              He's a serviceable backup I guess

^^Sig From Nvot9
              J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Poteat played excellent this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start next year.

Comment

• Glad we resigned him. He definitely deserved to be resigned

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• ok now i love the idea of trading down our first pick for a high 2nd and high 3rd (i believe that works out in trade value) so as we have three 2nd rounders and 2 third rounders...i was just wondering if anyone had any idea of who would want or need to get to our pick? suggestions and reasons why

Comment

• OL Trey Teague and RB Kevan Barlow have officially been released. Cue Halaluya theme.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10
                        ok now i love the idea of trading down our first pick for a high 2nd and high 3rd (i believe that works out in trade value) so as we have three 2nd rounders and 2 third rounders...i was just wondering if anyone had any idea of who would want or need to get to our pick? suggestions and reasons why
                        i would do this as a draft day trade because if carriker, lynch, or hall is left i would take them over almost any trade down, but here are a few possiblities that came to mine:

idk if tampa would be interested in this, but it works out in the value chart...we give them our 1st round pick (25) and barlow (evens out if valued as a mid-4th which might be a reach) and void the pick they owe us for baker, for their 2 2nd rounder picks (35/36 and 64)

if miami is looking to jump over a few teams for a cb, we could do our 1st rounder for their 2nd and 3rd

Comment

• Eric Mangini announced the coaching staff today...
                          another guy from the Pats
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• does the fact that we released Barlow say anything that we are going to really push for a RB, or is it just because he sucks.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                              does the fact that we released Barlow say anything that we are going to really push for a RB, or is it just because he sucks.
                              I think it shows that we can't yet annoint Mangini or Tannenbaum as genious', because they do make mistakes. Trading for Barlow ended up being a horrible deal, regardless of the fact that it was 'only' a fourth rounder.

They've done a very good job up until this point, but I think it's one year too early to give either of them big contract extensions.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• -I think when we released Barlow, it was because the Jets aren't stupid enough to pay a relatively 3rd string RB 3 MILL.

- In regards to the Jets future, it is looking really bright.

-In regards to the Patriots franchise, HA HA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information