This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222
    According to the Star Ledger a couple days ago according to Clark Harris of Rutgers the Jets told him that they were looking to improve their tight end situation, just figured I'd post that here. Interesting, I expected us to be interested in tight ends this year, I just hope we don't address it too early.
    Daniel Graham possibly?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• "The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons"

From another site. I'd like Irons but idk about Woodley.

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
        Originally posted by derza222
        According to the Star Ledger a couple days ago according to Clark Harris of Rutgers the Jets told him that they were looking to improve their tight end situation, just figured I'd post that here. Interesting, I expected us to be interested in tight ends this year, I just hope we don't address it too early.
        Daniel Graham possibly?
        www.newyorkjets.com and look at the combine preview. It says they may make a strong run for him, excellent blocker and reciever threat.

Comment

• I think, as it said in the ledger, the jets should go after Harris. He is a solid receiver and has the potential to be a great blocker. Harris' 40 time is a little deceiving because of his toe injury that has limited him to about 80 to 85%.

In light of his 40 time, Olsen seems like he would be good value in the late 1st if no one else of value is available at 25.

Comment

• 2/23/07 7:23pm

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Network that the New York Jets will be making a serious run at Adalius Thomas. Mangini wants him to be the playmaker on this defense.

He mentioned no other teams and was specifically reporting it is the Jets making the move for Thomas.

hmmm, interesting....

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
              "The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons"

I think Woodley would be great. being a michigan fan, i watched him every saturday, and i love the way he plays. he is a ballplayer, has good character, is very inteligent, and is always around the ball. he is a 'mangini-type' player who will make an immediate impact on our defense. he may never be a pro bowler, but he will be an impact starter....however, if we could get adaliu thomas, woodley would not be a great choice, because i can either see woodley as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, and if we get adalius, we are more than deep at OLB, and a LB would not be a day 1 pick if adalius is acquired

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
                Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                "The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons"

I think Woodley would be great. being a michigan fan, i watched him every saturday, and i love the way he plays. he is a ballplayer, has good character, is very inteligent, and is always around the ball. he is a 'mangini-type' player who will make an immediate impact on our defense. he may never be a pro bowler, but he will be an impact starter....however, if we could get adaliu thomas, woodley would not be a great choice, because i can either see woodley as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, and if we get adalius, we are more than deep at OLB, and a LB would not be a day 1 pick if adalius is acquired
                I have the same sig as you, do you mind? I'll get one of the ones above since you most likely had it first.

Comment

• Originally posted by faddafad
                  2/23/07 7:23pm

Adam Schefter just reported on NFL Network that the New York Jets will be making a serious run at Adalius Thomas. Mangini wants him to be the playmaker on this defense.

He mentioned no other teams and was specifically reporting it is the Jets making the move for Thomas.

hmmm, interesting....
                  Very interesting. He is aging, but he would be a stud and he would most likely be the best player on our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                    Originally posted by faddafad
                    2/23/07 7:23pm

hmmm, interesting....
                    Very interesting. He is aging, but he would be a stud and he would most likely be the best player on our team.
                    I love it.....I think we would draft a CB first round if we got him though

^^Sig From Nvot9
                    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• We are position to do great things through free agency. If we can get Adalius Thomas and maybe Daniel Graham then we can focus on NT, DE, RB, and CB. Since there are no great NTs available I think we should take a first round corner or if somehow Carriker falls then we should take a corner in 2a.

Comment

• How about this ideal situation.

Sign Adalius Thomas and trade 2a. and a future 3rd for Casey Hampton.

Draft:

1. Trade down with the Buccs for there 2 seconds

2a. Aaron Ross
                        2b. Tony Hunt
                        3. Aikia Alma Francis
                        5. Steve Smith

Comment

• If anyone would like to help me in the FM, just IM me. Frogstomp has seemed to disappear, so I need help with our upcomming pick!

So far, I signed Asante Samuel and Tully Banta-Cain via FA, and draft Justin Blalock. Next I am thinking of taking Sydney Rice or Quentin Moses. Then at 2b, I'd take Irons or Bush.

Who should I take now, Moses or Rice (or someone else)

Comment

How about this ideal situation.

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
                            2b. Tony Hunt
                            3. Aikia Alma Francis
                            5. Steve Smith
                            If that happened, wow, we would be amazing. However, i would rather a different RB than Hunt, whether its Michael Bush, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Willis Mcgahee, or others.
                            We would be set. Our D-line will be AMAZINGLY improved with Hampton and Alama-Francis. Our LB would be incredible and deep. Our WR would improve giving us 3 talented possesion recvievers. Our RB would improve giving Leon a great complement that would carry the load. And our CB will improve because i believe Ross can come in and make an immediate impact. If this all happened, all we would need is a TE and some OL help, which we could acquire via free agency.
                            Also, i could be wrong here, but with the bucs trade you said, wouldnt that give us 3 2nd rounders? With that pick i say we go TE or OL.

Comment

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
                              2b. Tony Hunt
                              3. Aikia Alma Francis
                              5. Steve Smith
                              absolutely amazing! but would pittsburgh trade hampton for a 2nd and a 3rd? i would in a heart beat..hes only been really injured once in his career and is by far the best NT in the league..and we all saw how it elevated farriors play with a true NT...i can only imagine what it would do to vilma's......but besides that for something that is actually in our hands in the draft and FA I really hope that the Jets take a very long look at Alama-Francis because i just have a really good feeling about this kid..now granted my feelings dont mean anything cause i thought lendale was gonna have a solid year coming out of USC but i still like Ikaika ....whats everyone elses take on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
                                Originally posted by jetsfan3

Draft:

2a. Aaron Ross
                                2b. Tony Hunt
                                3. Aikia Alma Francis
                                5. Steve Smith
                                If that happened, wow, we would be amazing. However, i would rather a different RB than Hunt, whether its Michael Bush, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Willis Mcgahee, or others.
                                We would be set. Our D-line will be AMAZINGLY improved with Hampton and Alama-Francis. Our LB would be incredible and deep. Our WR would improve giving us 3 talented possesion recvievers. Our RB would improve giving Leon a great complement that would carry the load. And our CB will improve because i believe Ross can come in and make an immediate impact. If this all happened, all we would need is a TE and some OL help, which we could acquire via free agency.
                                Also, i could be wrong here, but with the bucs trade you said, wouldnt that give us 3 2nd rounders? With that pick i say we go TE or OL.

Excellent point. Here's something new.

Sign Adalius Thomas, trade 2a and a future third for Casey Hampton, trade our first round pick for both of the Bucs picks.

Trade #64 (From Tampa) and a 6th round pick for Michael Turner.

Sign Daniel Graham from New England, great blocker and a threat in the recieving game.

Draft:

2a. (From Tampa) Aaron Ross
                                2b. Justin Blaylock
                                3. Akiaka Alma-Francis
                                5. Steve Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information