This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
    If anyone would like to help me in the FM, just IM me. Frogstomp has seemed to disappear, so I need help with our upcomming pick!

So far, I signed Asante Samuel and Tully Banta-Cain via FA, and draft Justin Blalock. Next I am thinking of taking Sydney Rice or Quentin Moses. Then at 2b, I'd take Irons or Bush.

Who should I take now, Moses or Rice (or someone else)
    Have you been PM'ing me / not getting my PM's? What the deuce.

Comment

• does anybody know about the ongoing contract negotiations with cotchery?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Jets released RB Derrick Blaylock and DE Bobby Hamilton

Comment

• greg olsen??? shockeys body and hands, just a tenth of a second faster...just not as fiery...worthy of our first round pick??? I definately did not like the idea of picking a tight end this draft, mainly because i have faith in baker, but the more i look at this kid the more i feel he could be our jeremy shockey...using him and baker would definately spread the field and allow for coles and cotchery to make some more plays...plus just 6'5" 7/8 255 lbs and 4.51 will run by most any linebacker, and just physically dominate any strong safety...whats everyones opinion on this guy and picking him in the first round if he falls to us??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• completely agree with the comment I hated tacking a TE and I still ahve faith in Baker but Olsen plays and measures like a freak hed be good for our 1st unless carriker or a RB are there.
            -Olsen-TE
            -Blalock-OL
            -Houston-CB
            -Alama-Francis-DE
            -Marten-OL
            -Henry-RB
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
              greg olsen??? shockeys body and hands, just a tenth of a second faster...just not as fiery...worthy of our first round pick??? I definately did not like the idea of picking a tight end this draft, mainly because i have faith in baker, but the more i look at this kid the more i feel he could be our jeremy shockey...using him and baker would definately spread the field and allow for coles and cotchery to make some more plays...plus just 6'5" 7/8 255 lbs and 4.51 will run by most any linebacker, and just physically dominate any strong safety...whats everyones opinion on this guy and picking him in the first round if he falls to us??
              i think olsen will be great, but im usually not a fan of a te in round 1, so if he falls to our 2a pick i would be very interested in him, if he falls to 2b i will most definitely dissapointed if we pass on him, and our 1 would depend completely on whos on the board
              JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                completely agree with the comment I hated tacking a TE and I still ahve faith in Baker but Olsen plays and measures like a freak hed be good for our 1st unless carriker or a RB are there.
                -Olsen-TE
                -Blalock-OL
                -Houston-CB
                -Alama-Francis-DE
                -Marten-OL
                -Henry-RB
                olsen-idk about round 1, depends whos on the board
                blalock-all for that pick at 2a, will be a great player at either G or T, preferably G
                houston-i highly doubt houston will be left at 2b becuase i think he will probably go late round 1 to early round 2 but if he did fall there that would be amazing
                alama-francis-i doubt he falls to late round 3 but if he does that would be a great pick
                marten-we dont have a round 4, i doubt he will be left in round 5, but we definitely need an OL in this draft, but i woiuld rather either an OLB or WR or RB if we alraedy took blalock
                henry-i would rather have deshawn wynn, and idk about henry, yeah he had a great combine, but he hasnt done anythign on the field, i believe i read a career 3.3 or 3.6 ypc at zona, but i could defnitely see mangini traking him because he's a hard-worker
                JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                  i think olsen will be great, but im usually not a fan of a te in round 1, so if he falls to our 2a pick i would be very interested in him, if he falls to 2b i will most definitely dissapointed if we pass on him, and our 1 would depend completely on whos on the board
                  I think he's a tough guy to pass on in the first, especially if there are no great options as I anticipate. But I don't think he's getting through to the second, we really even don't have that great of a chance of him falling to us in the first...

Comment

• I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                      I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.
                      i would do it if the top de's and rb's and joe thomas are all gone....and then ship clemens for a pick or a player, preferably a pick in this draft, either late 2 or somewhere in round 3

no way taht happens though, teams would trade up to take him
                      JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                        I got an interesting yet extremely unlikely scenario. Lets say Trent Green goes to the dolphins, and Quinn in an Rodgeresque fall, is available at 25, what would you guys want to do? I know we have clemens, but that would be a ridiculous value. I mean if he falls past the Dolphins, the only possible teams to take him are KC and maybe Carolina. I really don't think this is gonna happen, but im bored of the usual talk.
                        There was a mock in which Jamarcus Russel fell to 29. I posted saying Jets take Russel there, and I got immediately scowled by the post creator and AlexDown asking what was wrong with me and what I was talking about. If any elite prospect falls to us, we take them regardless of team needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                          There was a mock in which Jamarcus Russel fell to 29. I posted saying Jets take Russel there, and I got immediately scowled by the post creator and AlexDown asking what was wrong with me and what I was talking about. If any elite prospect falls to us, we take them regardless of team needs.
                          I think Jamarcus has less of a chance of falling considering it seems like Davis wants o have his babies, but if he did, i would take him with no complaints.

Comment

• rumor has it that we are VERY interested in signing Chris Brown.....that would be bad in my opinion

^^Sig From Nvot9
                            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• The idealest of ideal offseason:

Jets sign Joey Porter

Jets trade Jonathan Vilma, our 2nd 2nd, and a future 2nd for Clinton Portis and #6.

Draft:

1a. Alan Branch
                              1b. Patrick Willis
                              2. Justin Blaylock
                              3. Aikaka Alma-Francis
                              5. Steve Smith
                              6. Leron McLain

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
                                The idealest of ideal offseason:

Jets sign Joey Porter

Jets trade Jonathan Vilma, our 2nd 2nd, and a future 2nd for Clinton Portis and #6.

Draft:

1a. Alan Branch
                                1b. Patrick Willis
                                2. Justin Blaylock
                                3. Aikaka Alma-Francis
                                5. Steve Smith
                                6. Leron McLain
                                thatd be amazing but skins signed london fltecher-baker so i doubt they still want vilma
                                JETS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information