No announcement yet.

raiders, russell agree to deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still not off the JR bandwagon and I think he was the right pick in the draft for us. Signing Daunte allows us to sit JR for the entire season will also possibly allowing us to win a few games.

PS - I've heard that boths sides are a mere $2 million in guaranteed money apart.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Wonder whats the deal with JR why isnt this getting done ...... everyone else got there deals done even players who didnt seem like were gonna get there deal done like LJ and Samuel ....... hmm Raiders better get him in there soon

Comment

I'm tired of this crap JR!!!! Just sign already.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

He will sign their just all in some stupid yadayada contract chess match...just watch out if injury prone Culpepper does get injured could be bad...or you can get a magical pro ready Ben Roethlisberger type...I hear they come every couple classes...but that is what i woulda said last season before he started to look like some kind of delayed bust....

Comment

Stupid question by me but, Has he signed yet? The Raiders front office has to be kicking themselves for not being able to work out a deal yet

Comment

no and as Al Davis said its ridiculous.Russell's agents originally asked for 30-32 in gurantees.We offer them 31.Then they say they want 35 and some stupid option bonus on top of that which makes no sense at all.hes only losing money now.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                no and as Al Davis said its ridiculous.Russell's agents originally asked for 30-32 in gurantees.We offer them 31.Then they say they want 35 and some stupid option bonus on top of that which makes no sense at all.hes only losing money now.
                I hate to say it but do you think maybe they are trying to get more guarenteed money is because even his agents know he's going to be a bust?

Comment

Possibly I think part of the option bonus was there because they wanted it for an eventual cut.I dont know the only thing Ive really heard about it was a week or two ago saying they met face to face in LA.But since then nothing has become of it.
                  EDIT: Found it.
                  Sources tell the Sacramento Bee that JaMarcus Russell is unlikely to sign his rookie deal before Week 1.

The Raiders claim they've met Russell's monetary demands. The rookie's camp says Oakland should give Russell more money up front to guard against injuries or an eventual release. The sides met face-to-face early in the week, but it doesn't appear to have facilitated much progress.

rotoworld.com
                  Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork; 09-04-2007, 11:52 PM.
                  "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

According to ESPN, Russell's Uncle says the deal is almost done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006376

I rarely believe any info ESPN has about the Raiders but hopefully this is true.

Comment

If he were to sign this weekend do you think there'd still be any chance of him playing this year? I think the Raiders need to keep him on the bench to prove a point that no one player is too important to miss all of preseason with a contract holdout

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        If he were to sign this weekend do you think there'd still be any chance of him playing this year? I think the Raiders need to keep him on the bench to prove a point that no one player is too important to miss all of preseason with a contract holdout
                        Knowing Al Davis... Anything is possible. If he signs before Sunday and the Raiders are 2-12 entering their last two games, he will be the starter. Anything more than 4 wins guarantees he will never start, but 4 or less might allow him to.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                          Knowing Al Davis... Anything is possible. If he signs before Sunday and the Raiders are 2-12 entering their last two games, he will be the starter. Anything more than 4 wins guarantees he will never start, but 4 or less might allow him to.
                          It just seems that if theye were to let him play at all this year it'd be sending out the message to future draft picks "Hey, hold out for all you're worth. There's a spot waiting for you when you get here"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            It just seems that if theye were to let him play at all this year it'd be sending out the message to future draft picks "Hey, hold out for all you're worth. There's a spot waiting for you when you get here"
                            And why would they care what message they send to future draft picks. If it is in their best interests to start Russell they should because it is more the system's fault than Oakland's that there was such a long holdout. Oakland did try to lowball Russell, but their should have never been contract talks in the first place, just give them there money based on draft order and this mess would have never happened in the first place. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

He'll have to sign soon because hes starting to lose game checks now that the season is about to begin. He wasnt losing money during the preseason, but now that the season is starting, he's losing big money. I dont know about the reports from JR's uncle, but if I was JaMarcus I'd tell my agents to get my ass in a auniform so I could maximize my football AND financial potential for the year. The Raiders have all the leverage now. I honestly dont even care at this point, since he wont play this year anyway, I just want him to get in so the players can develop a relationship with him.

Comment

if hes not signed today or 2marrow he will probably never be signed by us

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information