raiders, russell agree to deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raiders, russell agree to deal

This is BS, I guess the Russell camp was waiting til CJ was signed before they made a deal. Now that CJ got 27 million in guranteed money, I guess Russell will garner 30. Even though he is less of a sure thing than CJ. He needs to get off his ass in Alabama and be in CA though, because now that CJ is signed, there are no more excuses. He has 3 agents working on the deal and one of them better take control and get this deal done.

take it easy, he'll be signed in due time and get into camp. I doubt with Daunte now on the roster that Russell will see playing time this year so he'll have at least 17 weeks to get acclimated to the offense and be ready for next year. Also the hang up has not been money, rather how his guaranteed cash would be paid out, much like Beason. His team of agents have also never negotiated something like this, so they'll be looking to get Russell the best deal possible to get further high profile rookies to sign with them down the road.

Comment

i say pay the man what he wants and get him into camp. hes not gonna take any less so might as well get him into camp

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Just heard this discussed on the radio, the hold-up is the exact same clause that the Panthers put in Jon Beason's contract.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
          Just heard this discussed on the radio, the hold-up is the exact same clause that the Panthers put in Jon Beason's contract.
          it's a good clause. He shouldn't complain, sign the damn paper and keep his act together.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            it's a good clause. He shouldn't complain, sign the damn paper and keep his act together.
            What clause is being talked about?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
              What clause is being talked about?
              basically it says if you don't behave you're screwed.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                basically it says if you don't behave you're screwed.
                Ok, I just wanted to be sure. It is just that there is so little being said about this situation and what little is being mentioned is all contradictory. It makes it hard to know what page anyone is on.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the Jamarcus was back in Oakland and talking to management face to face on his contract. Any truth to this...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Im not a raider guy, but I would be if they told him they didnt need him and throw him back into the draft pool for next year.

Honestly at this point, I would cut bait with him. Save the money. I think he will be a bust. Even if I am wrong, how far back has he set himself.

Good luck,guys.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Quick question....do the Raiders get anything if they toss his ass to the curb....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                        Quick question....do the Raiders get anything if they toss his ass to the curb....
                        A sympathetic sigh

Comment

woah he still isnt signed?????

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

there are a lot of rumors heating up that he will be signed soon and walter will be traded/released. i honestly don't care when he signs because it's not like he'll play a down this year anyway,which is a good thing. theres a lot of negative pub about him, people on this site have even said they don't like him because of the way he talks lmao.

Comment

I dont like him (well he's a good guy, but i dont think he's that good) because how many times do you throw the ball 60 yards downfield. So its great that he can throw far, but most deep passes hardly require 30 yards. So really accuracy means more in the nfl than throw power. But if Russell does sit a year it will do wonders for him like it has Palmer, Campbell and others

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information