Lane Kiffin Gone???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Kiffin Gone???

I JUST HEARD FROM RF.NET THAT HE HAS RESIGNED FROM THE JOB. Atleast they're reporting this on their ''Premium'' part, which supposedly gets inside info.

I dont know if this is true, I'm just posting what I'm hearing. I cant get the full news because I dont have premium I'm just posting what they're saying on the main forums.

Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      Do you have a link?
      I'm posting what they're saying on RF.net. Those guys usually get the news first.

Comment

I know to take PFT with a grain of salt, but there is a blurb on Kiffin being pissed that he didn't get the Arkansas job.

Comment

I used to have a membership there. Hit and miss with their stuff but you never know.

Comment

Alright, I think the word is that Kiffin is basically gone. Maybe not now but at least after the season ends. I don't doubt the PFT report at all, even though they once reported Terry Bradshaw had died. The only thing that is puzzling is that there are not many attractive college jobs left that are willing to pay a colossal amount of money. Michigan is clearly a top job but I don't think they will pay for a big name (unless it was miles)

Comment

Yay for coaching stability!

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.

Comment

might as well as make Ryan the HC, he the best option out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.
                    Yeah, not quite the right strategy with a young QB and team as a whole

Comment

The odd thing about all this is that, for the most part, Lane's done a decent job. The talent's just not there yet, but he's done well, IMO, with what's been there. Leads me to wonder if there are any issues between Al and Lane that surfaced quicker than folks expected.

Comment

Why does he want to leave?

Comment

First of all I think we might be getting a bit rushed with the news. I'm not saying it won't happen but there are better sources than a fan message board.

Comment

Ok so here's what I am getting, don't know how true it is, but we all know how the Raiders and Al act, so take it as it comes:

Lane was supposed to go to Arkansas, but in reality, Petrino was the number one guym, but they never expected him to accept. Well, he did and Kiffin was pissed. He began cursing and slamming doors. APPARENTLY, Al Davis was helping him get that job at Arkansas through some connections he had there.

That is all I got.

Comment

I would be so dissapointed if Kiffin leaves. IMO he has done a good job so far and has the team going in the right direction. The only reason I could see him wanting to leave is Al Davis. Maybe behind the scenes Al isn't letting Kiffin do what he wants. I don't know, but I hope these are just rumors.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information