Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Final Review

    MVP: Justin Fargas

    OPOY: Justin Fargas

    DPOY: Thomas Howard

    OROY: Zach Miller

    DROY: Jay Richardson

    Play Of The Year: Tommy Kelly's Blocked FG against Cleveland at the end of regulation.

    Worst Play Of The Year: Barry Sims missing the block and failing to recover the fumble. (Week 17)

    Most Improved Player: Sebastian Janikowski/Thomas Howard. (Howard wasn't bad last year but I didn't think he'd be this good already)

    Biggest Surprise: Chris Clemons

  • #2
    My favorite moment: Beating Denver
    Worst Moment: The way we lost to Denver.....

    >_<

    Comment


    • #3
      Not a Raider fan or anything, but should Asomugha be DPOTY for you guys? He was thrown at like what, 40 times during the whole season? Thats pretty shutdown if you ask me.

      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

      Comment


      • #4
        Ya, Asomugha was thrown at less than 30 times I believe, and only ~10 were completed (also, 7 PD and 1 INT). He is one of the best corners in the league, and players know that, even if the analysts over on the east coast don't.

        Also, I would put Hiram Eugene for biggest surprise. He filled in nicely for Schweigert and made some plays.

        By the way, I don't think I've posted here for about a year and a half. :P Nice to be back though.
        Last edited by D4rk 0ne; 01-01-2008, 05:34 AM.
        Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
        Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd go with Oren O'Neal as biggest surprise, this is a guy who I was pissed about drafting after we had just signed Griffith, but this kid is a stud blocker and has decent hands, he will be a staple for years to come in the Oakland backfield.

          Comment


          • #6
            Biggest surprise = The Offensive Line

            Tom Cable really did a great job whipping these guys into shape. Even though the pass blocking was just mediocre it was still a huge improvement over their abismal performance last season. I think we ended up around 6th in the league in rushing with guys like LJ, Fargas, and Rhodes (who would all be backups on most teams) running the ball. If we can get a new LT and cut down on the penalties we could have a darn good unit.

            Comment


            • #7
              You better hope you guys take offensive lineman early. We had the same OL guy and OC and we always ended up drafting OL late, and our pass protection was always terrible.

              Also, after Cable and Gibbs left, one of our OL spoke out against them and said that the offensive lineman were starving themselves before routine weight check ups, in which they needed to be less than 295 pounds. Pretty strict and dangerous stuff.

              The ZBS is great for running though. If McFadden dropped to you guys. Damn. He is perfect for the ZBS.

              "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

              Comment


              • #8
                Our pass protection has vastly improved this year.As for drafting someone good we've known that Sims has sucked for years.We've tried to replace him more than once with day one draft picks.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                Comment


                • #9
                  We have to get either DMAC, Chris Long, Jake Long, or Dorsey in the draft. and we are garenteed top 4 pick right? so one way of the other we will get some1 to help out

                  biggest surprise-Fargas


                  "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    We have to get either DMAC, Chris Long, Jake Long, or Dorsey in the draft. and we are garenteed top 4 pick right? so one way of the other we will get some1 to help out

                    biggest surprise-Fargas
                    We are tied with 2 other teams for picks 3-5. But i've read we can't pick ahead of KC, so it looks like we'll be picking 4 or 5...and that will be determined at the combine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                      We are tied with 2 other teams for picks 3-5. But i've read we can't pick ahead of KC, so it looks like we'll be picking 4 or 5...and that will be determined at the combine.
                      I think it was the other way around. I'm pretty sure KC can't pick ahead of us because of some technicality, they are listed ahead of us in the AFC West standings. So the coin toss would be between us and ATL and we would end up with either the 3rd/4th pick. If we win, we get the 3rd pick, KC gets the 4th, and ATL gets the 5th. If we lose, ATL gets the 3rd, we get the 4th, and KC gets the 5th. I'm pretty sure that's the situation.....but I could be mistaken.
                      Last edited by Stash; 01-02-2008, 06:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fargus was the biggest shock of the season. I was really impressed by Zack Miller he did a great job this season.


                        Thanks to jackalope

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stash View Post
                          I think it was the other way around. I'm pretty sure KC can't pick ahead of us because of some technicality, they are listed ahead of us in the AFC West standings. So the coin toss would be between us and ATL and we would end up with either the 3rd/4th pick. If we win, we get the 3rd pick, KC gets the 4th, and ATL gets the 5th. If we lose, ATL gets the 3rd, we get the 4th, and KC gets the 5th. I'm pretty sure that's the situation.....but I could be mistaken.
                          That's exactly right. IMO our pick will be one of the Long's McFad, Ellis, or Dorsey (really doubt he slips). Any one of those guys would be a huge upgrade. McFadden is probably the least pressing need out of those five but the fact that he comes from the ZBS and could really vault our offense to the next level he makes sense as well.
                          Love those who love you but don't let love f*ck up your vision. How much love did your loved ones have when you were broke or doing time in prison? RIP MAC DRE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                            Fargus was the biggest shock of the season. I was really impressed by Zack Miller he did a great job this season.
                            Ya Zack really impressed me the last week of the season with Russell. With Miller, Curry and Porter, Rusell should have a decent season. But we still need that number 1 WR. There arnt any that stand out in this years draft so mayb through trade of F/A we can get one


                            "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                              Ya Zack really impressed me the last week of the season with Russell. With Miller, Curry and Porter, Rusell should have a decent season. But we still need that number 1 WR. There arnt any that stand out in this years draft so mayb through trade of F/A we can get one
                              I'm pretty sure Porter will be opting out

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information