No announcement yet.

Raiders 08 Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully with Mike Williams coming in this means Moss is gone for good.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Kalil is slipping big time and I don't think any of the teams coming up need a center. Do you think he could fall to the 3rd, and if so, should we select him? I know we already have a C in Newberry, but we only have him for 1yr and he is injury prone.

EDIT:
      Nevermind, Carolina took him.
      Last edited by Stash; 04-28-2007, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
        Kalil is slipping big time and I don't think any of the teams coming up need a center. Do you think he could fall to the 3rd, and if so, should we select him? I know we already have a C in Newberry, but we only have him for 1yr and he is injury prone.
        I dont think there is any way that Kalil falls past us now that Crowder got taken by the Broncos.
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Yah I think even if we need to trade up to get him we should go for Kalil. I've said it before, but he is the type of guy you draft and than you don't have to worry about the position for 8 years.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• So much for that idea lol....Carolina just grabbed him

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• Quentin Moses, didn't see that one coming but he could be a good pass rusher opposite Burgess.

Comment

• Hmm Moses. We needed a DE. I think that Brayton is going to beef up and stay at DT.
                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                Originally posted by Complex
                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• I was just telling my buddie i hope we get Quentin Moses...and we did...i love this pick

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• this draft could get any better IMO. Yes i wanted CJ more but now seeing that we got Mike Williams with Russell, a fast DE that will be very productive since burgess will be double teams, plus a TE that can do it all.

also what are we gonna do with the next 2 picks? i think we should go DT,RB or oline in the 2 picks.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I don't think we should go after a RB, there's really no need this year.

Comment

• WTF, Johnny Lee Higgins? Did we really need another WR??

Comment

• I like the Mario Henderson pick.

Comment

• I have to say i am very happy with the Raiders first day.

Although Calvin was intriguing, Russell should be a stud. It's rare to find a QB with that kind of throw power, throw accuracy, and a fast release to go along with that kind of body. Boom or Bust, this was the pick Al Davis had to make.
                            I didnt really like the Miller pick at first, but i am warming up to him. (especially since our 2nd was him, Mike Williams, and McCown.) Hopefully he can improve his blocking because ive heard his hands are sensational.
                            I am extremely happy with Moses! I was really hoping we could get one of the Georgia Ends, and the addition of the Junior yr Moses could mean the world to our pass rush and take some pressure off of Burgess!
                            Mario Henderson seems like a great pick as well and was worth the risk for a guy with his size and athleticism.
                            Higgins was higher than most of the receivers chosen ahead of him on my list, but this pick seems to be a bit mysterious with so many receivers on the roster?

Overall, the Raiders addressed needs and got some great value so i would give their draft a B+/A- for day 1.

Comment

• First Day

1. JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
                              2. Zach Miller TE ASU
                              3. Quentin Moses DE Georgia
                              3. Mario Henderson OT Florida State
                              3. Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP

Josh McCown QB Detroit
                              Mike Williams WR Detroit

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                                I like the Mario Henderson pick.
                                ^^Great pick, and I also really like the Quentin Moses pick. With Johnny Lee Higgins and M Williams on the team, Moss is as good as gone.

All things considered, and taking into account past draft day blunders, this was a good day. If Moses can revert back to 05 form, he can be a force opposite Burgess, and is, as it stands right now, and immediate upgrade over Tyler Brayton.

We also did some wheeling and dealing, and I think we came out on top, especially the extra 4th we got from Arizona, that was later sent to DET for Williams/McCown.

So, who do you guys want us to go after with the next pick? Marcus Thomas?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information