Raiders 08 Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow....

I don't see how we go WR in the first two rounds unless we trade Moss. Moss, Porter and Curry is a very good trio. Our OL is a mess. Sims is NOT the answer at LT.

Unless Moss gets traded I would be willing to bet that we will pick either Kalil, Staley, Ugoh or Grubbs [might be a reach with Grubbs] with our 2nd rd pick. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us get Ryan Harris in the 3rd if we get a G/C in rd2. All of those guys are good enough athletes for the ZBS.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
      I don't see how we go WR in the first two rounds unless we trade Moss. Moss, Porter and Curry is a very good trio. Our OL is a mess. Sims is NOT the answer at LT.

Unless Moss gets traded I would be willing to bet that we will pick either Kalil, Staley, Ugoh or Grubbs [might be a reach with Grubbs] with our 2nd rd pick. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us get Ryan Harris in the 3rd if we get a G/C in rd2. All of those guys are good enough athletes for the ZBS.
      It doesn't matter if you think Sims is not the answer at LT, the point is as part of his restructure deal he was promised that he could move back to LT. I dont think we would be restructuring him if we didn't intend him to start so he WILL be our LT, whether we think its good or not.

Comment

in the 2nd would u rather pick arron sears or staley? idk who because sims is the LT now. sears is a OT/G and staley is only a OT

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          in the 2nd would u rather pick arron sears or staley? idk who because sims is the LT now. sears is a OT/G and staley is only a OT
          Staley is the better of the two, and he can be the long-term solution at LT

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            I'm not a huge fan of Sears, but he certainly isn't a LT and I'm not even sure he's a legitimate option at RT. If the Gallery shift is legit (and it wasn't just saying that Gallery is going to have to fight for the left side), then I think that Staley is the best option. If, however, they are content to let Gallery and Sims battle it out, I think Kalil becomes the best chance pick.

Comment

Are you guys surprised that we haven't gone after a 'big name' FA OLinemen? Resigning Langston Walker is not what I had in mind when I saw the Raiders attempting to rebuild the oline.

Comment

Originally posted by Romyrick View Post
                It doesn't matter if you think Sims is not the answer at LT, the point is as part of his restructure deal he was promised that he could move back to LT. I dont think we would be restructuring him if we didn't intend him to start so he WILL be our LT, whether we think its good or not.

And about this 'promising' positions, I think that is a bunch of BS...Sims should be happy with the fact that we even offered him a contract..He's nothing special..And I dont believe the notion that he is GURANTEED the LT position, no matter what the front office said. I really expected Sims to prove his worth when it was clear that the rest of the line was garbage, and he did nothing but add to the problem. Where's Lincoln Kennedy, or even Barrett Robbins??!! Obviously I'm kidding, but the fact that our biggest weakness has been getting little to no attention this offseason is really a pain in my a$$. It has become clear that building our Oline through the draft is a long and arduos journey, and the fact that I have not heard the Raiders and any Olinemen FA in the same sentence is a little bit discouraging...I was sure we were gonna make a play for some proven linemen, but so far our priorities have lied elsewhere...Everybody knows that the battle is won at the line of scrimmage. AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We dont have any money.

Comment

Yeah, combine the fact that FA o-lineman have been getting way overpaid with the fact that we won 2 games last year, we have no chance at landing them.

Comment

Raiders | Team talks with Quinn
                      Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:19:46 -0800
                      John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders spent time with Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn the past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                        Raiders | Team talks with Quinn
                        Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:19:46 -0800
                        John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders spent time with Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn the past few days.
                        pretty good news

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

What do you guys think of Anthony Spencer, I think this guy is amazing. It looks like he's going in the 2nd round right now, I'd love to get him there as a best player available pick.

Comment

Yesterday they profiled Raiders on cold pizza and this was Mcshay's mock for Raiders first day, Russell, Rice, and Harris from ND... thoughts??? I think it's decent considering Moss will be gone, but if we sign Black I'd change Harris to RB or TE...

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                              Yesterday they profiled Raiders on cold pizza and this was Mcshay's mock for Raiders first day, Russell, Rice, and Harris from ND... thoughts??? I think it's decent considering Moss will be gone, but if we sign Black I'd change Harris to RB or TE...
                              if moss is gone there is no doubt we are taking CJ. i will take that draft though

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                                if moss is gone there is no doubt we are taking CJ. i will take that draft though

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information