Knapp: Russell "Taking the bull by the horns"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Hall is fine against big wide receivers. He has issues with the great route runners. Amani Toomer beat him with his routes. Joey Galloway scored the only TD a WR scored on Hall all year on a sluggo, but didn't do much else.
    As much as I like Hall, Devery Henderson always beat him like a ragged doll for long TD passes.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Okay, let's stop talking OAK/NO. That's silly. Although, sarf and I should have a bet when that game comes along.
      Yeah, I am not saying we will win that game, I doubt the Saints will have another year like last year's when the have McAllister back. And if we can't stop the run, he will run all over us.

Comment

As much as I like Hall, Devery Henderson always beat him like a ragged doll for long TD passes.
        In 2006 he did. Last year Henderson beat Boley for a TD.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
          That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.
          The Raiders have the best secondary in the league. Two soon to be probowl linebackers and a defensive end and tackle combo capable of racking up 20 sacks between the two of them.

If the Raiders pick up Glen Dorsey, Sed Ellis, or Vernon Gholston they are going to be a top 5 defense in terms of personnel.

Comment

Okay, let's stop talking OAK/NO. That's silly. Although, sarf and I should have a bet when that game comes along.
            I'm down, and we have our time to think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              In 2006 he did. Last year Henderson beat Boley for a TD.
              I wasn't referring to last year. :)
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

And the Saints have a top 5 QB, a great backfield, damn good WRs (If Meachem lives up to his potential this year) and an AWESOME oline. Not saying anything about the pro bowl, just ridiculous to predict before the season even starts.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

"An AWESOME oline"?

Ehhh... that's a hyperbole. Our o-line is above average... definitely not "AWESOME", though.

Comment

Well 2 out of 5 are pro bowlers and our LG isn't a pushover either. Stinchcomb isn't anything to write home about but that's where Karney and whoever the TE is steps in.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Well 2 out of 5 are pro bowlers and our LG isn't a pushover either. Stinchcomb isn't anything to write home about but that's where Karney and whoever the TE is steps in.
                      Nesbit took a big step back last season and even though he looked good in two games, Goodwin is still unproven. And, Stinchcomb? Oh God - don't even get me started.

Comment

And the Saints have a top 5 QB, a great backfield, damn good WRs (If Meachem lives up to his potential this year) and an AWESOME oline. Not saying anything about the pro bowl, just ridiculous to predict before the season even starts.
                        The Saints have as many questions on offense as most teams. They do have good depth at WR but lets face it.. Meachem is a project, Duece is coming back from yet another nasty injury, Reggie Bush struggled when asked to take a larger part in the offense, and the offensive line that was playing at probowl form two years ago severely regressed.

They do have a top 5 qb though. But if the offensive line plays like they did at the beginning of last year he is going to get beat up again.

Comment

I have to admitt I thought of Russell as pretty lazy and critisized him for it.
                          But I am definetely happy to hear this.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                            I have to admitt I thought of Russell as pretty lazy and critisized him for it.
                            But I am definetely happy to hear this.
                            He could have done ore to silence rumors way back when he was in school

Comment

That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.
                              Take a second look at our defensive backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                                Take a second look at our defensive backfield.
                                we'll be much better off once we draft one of those DEs.
                                ;]
                                and another thing
                                Russell has a lot of potential, but he will never accomplish anything if we don't have an O-line.
                                I want Jabba the hut pronto...
                                myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information