Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knapp: Russell "Taking the bull by the horns"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knapp: Russell "Taking the bull by the horns"

    Hes done a great job. He came back to camp in shape and nothing near the reported 300-pound range. Hes well away from that. But what hes done is hes shown a dedication to the team. Hes in meetings for an hour and 45 minutes three days a week in the classroom with myself and the quarterbacks coach, John DeFilippo. And then he goes and works with his teammates on conditioning and strength. And then after that he spends an hour a day doing footwork drills with our quarterbacks coach on the field and throwing to our receivers and tight ends and running backs. So hes really taken the bull by the horns.

    http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/011958.html
    People try to talk about how lazy this guy is, and question how much he loves the game. I truly believe he will answer those questions and silence those critics this year. I am not saying he is going to the pro bowl, but he will earn his respect.


  • #2
    Man I love seeing this. He was an awesome team player at LSU and know he will be the same in Oakland. I wish I didn't hate the Raiders so much.

    Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

    Who Dat Nation!

    Comment


    • #3
      Whew, good to see this... sometimes coaches exaggerate a bit, but I don't care.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
        Man I love seeing this. He was an awesome team player at LSU and know he will be the same in Oakland. I wish I didn't hate the Raiders so much.
        HA! I hope JR tears it up when he returns to the Nahlens, I am trying to go.

        Comment


        • #5
          That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.

          Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

          Who Dat Nation!

          Comment


          • #6
            good, now he can show his worth

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
              Whew, good to see this... sometimes coaches exaggerate a bit, but I don't care.
              Even if he is doing half that regiment at this point in the season, it's a good thing. But I am sure that is at least close to the truth.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.
                I am a little worried that Meachem or Colston may be Hall at a size disadvantage, but after we take Long or Gholston, Brees is gonna be running for his life anyway, so Hall will only have to cover him for a second or two ;)

                Of course, we have to stop the run somehow

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well Gholston doesn't scare me at all. He couldn't do **** against LSU's Oline, what makes you think he can against a pro line?

                  Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                  Who Dat Nation!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Russell will be fine. Greg Knapp on the other hand, well good luck with him.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                    Next Up: 2012

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                      I am a little worried that Meachem or Colston may be Hall at a size disadvantage, but after we take Long or Gholston, Brees is gonna be running for his life anyway, so Hall will only have to cover him for a second or two ;)

                      Of course, we have to stop the run somehow
                      Hall is fine against big wide receivers. He has issues with the great route runners. Amani Toomer beat him with his routes. Joey Galloway scored the only TD a WR scored on Hall all year on a sluggo, but didn't do much else.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                      Next Up: 2012

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                        That's not saying much, we have no pass defense. Too bad yalls defense won't be able to touch our offense.
                        He had a sack and at least 4 hurries and a knock down in that game. He didn't dominate, but the biggest myth is that his didn't do sh*t.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Okay, let's stop talking OAK/NO. That's silly. Although, sarf and I should have a bet when that game comes along.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                          We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Hall is fine against big wide receivers. He has issues with the great route runners. Amani Toomer beat him with his routes. Joey Galloway scored the only TD a WR scored on Hall all year on a sluggo, but didn't do much else.
                            ok thanks, not sure where I got that, maybe I just assumed because of his height.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He had a sack on a roll out, not saying much. Either way, yall are probably gonna draft Dorsey or McFadden. Gholsten will prob be gone before 4.

                              Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                              Who Dat Nation!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information