Raiders' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    What the heck? The Raiders traded up to draft a CB!!! Hall, Asomugha, Routt, Bowie, Washington, and now Tyvon. Not a DL, not an OL--but a CB.
    We traded Washington to Baltimore for there 4th rounder this year (125). But i still dont like the pick.

We could have gone Dline with that pick then Oline with the later 4th rounder.

Heres links to the trade

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/raid...lo-rookie.html

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...an-washington/

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

so far this draft sucks.Our biggest needs coming into this offseason were LT,NT,and RDE.And we havent done anything so far to make those positions better.They've actually managed to get worse.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Why draft a WR????????? Oline and Dline Al

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

I miss Barry Sims.Should of kept him.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Im just glad Al hasnt wasted another pick on a RB.I expected him to forget he picked Dmac.

Comment

The wr we got has injury problems, hes small, and cant jump

great pick

also the cb we drafted got arrested.... should have picked Justin King over him
              Last edited by RaiderNation; 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

When did he get arrested?
                screw king should have drafted Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                  When did he get arrested?
                  screw king should have drafted Hills.
                  http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...vonbranch.html

"Was arrested in May of 2005 when he and some teammates shot out a car window with a B.B. Gun"

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

You guys are being too critical...

I agree, we shouldn't have picked a CB with that pick: we definitely have significantly more pressing needs. However, I think Branch has a lot of potential, particularly when we have Hall and Asomougha to take care of the receivers who pose major threats to us. Branch is big and physical, but he's also one of the fastest CBs in the draft. I think he could be great in nickel and dime packages... However I do agree I'd rather have taken a D-line.

As for Shields, I like this guy a lot. Who cares if he can't jump as high as most other WRs? He has good fundamentals and his size and speed are more than adequate. Although I expect he won't get much PT as long as Walker, Carter, and Curry are around. (Not to mention some of those other young guys like Higgins...)

While I think we could have taken guys to fill needs, I like both of these guys and think they have the talent to be getting regular PT.
                    Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                    Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Comment

Now we decide to take a DE in the 6th round. Hes purely a pass rusher. Under 260lbs but runs a 4.56 40. I expect a special teamer and might get some time on pass rush situations

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                        What the heck? The Raiders traded up to draft a CB!!! Hall, Asomugha, Routt, Bowie, Washington, and now Tyvon. Not a DL, not an OL--but a CB.
                        Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
                        so far this draft sucks.Our biggest needs coming into this offseason were LT,NT,and RDE.And we havent done anything so far to make those positions better.They've actually managed to get worse.
                        Pretty much sums up my feelings right here. McFadden should be exciting to watch but the rest of the picks make no sense at all.

Comment

darren mcfadden will be the only one that makes this roster. awful day 2 draft thus far.

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                            I do not see how the Raiders managed to get worse. They traded Fabian Washington away, ok. But he doesn't effect the LT, the NT or RDE spots.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I wonder if Tyvon will be a returner for us...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Arman Shields is just the type of receiver we need. Someone who can work the middle of the field and great for YAC. I believe he compliments our other receivers fairly well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information