Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I can't believe we actually picked two WR's, that's just ridiculous. I doubt either one gets on the field.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
      I do not see how the Raiders managed to get worse. They traded Fabian Washington away, ok. But he doesn't effect the LT, the NT or RDE spots.
      I wasnt talking about the team as a whole.
      Barry Sims>Kwame harris. LT spot got worse than last year.
      Chris Clemons>Kalimba Edwards. RDE isnt as good as it was last year.Although i have heard good things about Scott.
      NT is actually probably as bad last year as it can be this year.Terdell could play well but I wouldnt count on him to.Joseph will probably just end up on the IR.We didnt do anything to upgrade this position and will regret it unless of course Terdell can prove hes worth the money.
      Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork; 04-27-2008, 05:20 PM.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
        I wasnt talking about the team as a whole.
        Barry Sims>Kwame harris. LT spot got worse than last year.
        Chris Clemons>Kalimba Edwards. RDE isnt as good as it was last year.Although i have heard good things about Scott.
        NT is actually probably as bad last year as it can be this year.Terdell could play well but I wouldnt count on him to.Joseph will probably just end up on the IR.We didnt do anything to upgrade this position and will regret it unless of course Terdell can prove hes worth the money.
        Oh, got it. In those spots, I would agree. But we upgraded S with Gibril. We upgraded CB quite a bit with Hall and I don't see how

        I wouldn't write-off Sands at NT though. He absolutely sucked there last year, but he was actually so good in 2006 that he was considered among the top 2 or 3 DTs available in FA. (Scout.com had him #1) Remember that he really was quite good in 2006. The league is all about "what have you done for me lately" so it's understandable to want to throw Sands to the curb after 2007, but so far he's batting .500 with one good year and one bad year. Let's see which one was a fluke.

        Oldie but a goodie.

        Comment


        • #34
          I loved the Gibril signing.The hall trade not so much. I felt that our problem wasnt with Fabs it was that we werent getting enough pressure on the QB. I still feel we could have put that 2nd rounder to better use.

          Your right on Sands.He could play very well this year.I saw somewhere that some of his family members had died last season.That certainly didnt help him.I was hoping wed go NT somewhere in the draft just in case he didnt play well though.We might as well try and get someone better than Shaw though because Joseph is probably gonna end up on the IR.

          That Mario Henderson trade is looking more and more awful though.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

          Comment


          • #35
            Hmm... I didn't know much about Schilens so I did a bit of research and he looks like the kind of guy worth taking with a 7th rounder... 6'4, 220-ish, 4.3 40... Great measurables, although he needs to develop a lot before he can be a solid WR. He has a lot of potential though. I like Shields as I already said, and Scott and Branch both seem like they could pay off down the road.

            Maybe if you guys would give our picks a chance before writing them off, you would see that this wasn't a bad draft. We got some good value and even if we didn't fill some of our big needs, we got several guys who could fight for playing time and maybe even develop into legitimate starters in a few years.


            Scott and Schilens could end up being steals if they are properly developed and trained. Shields and Branch both have the tools and experience needed to contribute relatively early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheilds in 4-WR sets this season (and maybe returning kicks as well) and Branch in dime or even nickel situations. I don't think I need to talk about McFadden...
            Last edited by D4rk 0ne; 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM.
            Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
            Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

            Comment


            • #36
              Congratulations on Trevor Scott.

              Great Player, can't wait to see a UB Alum in the pros



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • #37
                hmmm

                Yah I question the fact that we didn't go DT on a couple picks later in the draft, but I like the players we did go for. The WR's all look fast and dangerous and were in offenses where they produced. Branch has a lot of experience and has all the physical ability in the world to grab a starting spot if Nnamdi leaves us after this year, and I think Scott could be a decent speed rusher on passing downs.

                Considering we had no 2nd or 3rd rd picks I don't mind our draft. The only problem I have with it is the lack of DL help. Everyone has OL as one of our needs but it seems pretty apparent that the coaching staff feels comfortable with who we have already.

                Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                  I loved the Gibril signing.The hall trade not so much. I felt that our problem wasnt with Fabs it was that we werent getting enough pressure on the QB. I still feel we could have put that 2nd rounder to better use.

                  Your right on Sands.He could play very well this year.I saw somewhere that some of his family members had died last season.That certainly didnt help him.I was hoping wed go NT somewhere in the draft just in case he didnt play well though.We might as well try and get someone better than Shaw though because Joseph is probably gonna end up on the IR.

                  That Mario Henderson trade is looking more and more awful though.
                  Don't get me wrong, I definitely was hoping for a NT too. And a LT. And maybe even a C. (this year was REALLY bad for centers though) My idea with those positions is to be like ESPN--throw enough up against the wall and hope something sticks. Sure, Sands could work out, but I'd rather hedge my bets. Same with Harris/Henderson. Sure, one of them could work out at LT. I could also win the lottery, but in the meantime, I'm going to be diligent in college and plan for the worst (having to get a job and work for the rest of my life). In the same way, I feel that the Raiders should have addressed LT somehow in some way.

                  Obviously they feel differently... I just hope they are right. Because I'm tired of 4 win seasons. And 5 or 6 wins isn't enough for me next year either.

                  Oldie but a goodie.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                    Obviously they feel differently... I just hope they are right. Because I'm tired of 4 win seasons. And 5 or 6 wins isn't enough for me next year either.
                    Sadly it isnt enough for Kiffin to stay either.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I definitely was hoping for a NT too. And a LT. And maybe even a C. (this year was REALLY bad for centers though) My idea with those positions is to be like ESPN--throw enough up against the wall and hope something sticks. Sure, Sands could work out, but I'd rather hedge my bets. Same with Harris/Henderson. Sure, one of them could work out at LT. I could also win the lottery, but in the meantime, I'm going to be diligent in college and plan for the worst (having to get a job and work for the rest of my life). In the same way, I feel that the Raiders should have addressed LT somehow in some way.

                      Obviously they feel differently... I just hope they are right. Because I'm tired of 4 win seasons. And 5 or 6 wins isn't enough for me next year either.
                      Didn't we sign Wade from the Bucs? Other than that, I would have liked a NT and a LT as well.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Track stars from top to bottom. Al Davis just can't die soon enough.

                        Terrible draft, from McFadden all the way down.
                        My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

                        No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                          (this year was REALLY bad for centers though)
                          Indi drafted 3 of them. Maybe they'll send us one.
                          My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

                          No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                            Track stars from top to bottom. Al Davis just can't die soon enough.

                            Terrible draft, from McFadden all the way down.
                            you my friend are a ******

                            "Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                            Originally posted by TitanHope
                            R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                            He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Thought I'd bump this up for justice... A lot has changed in a year. I think most of these guys are looking like solid picks which is nice.

                              Scott has tons of potential and has looked really solid in his [limited] opportunities.

                              Same goes for Branch; I hope we get to see him more this season.

                              Schilens is definitely working out for us. I'm excited to see him getting significant PT this season.

                              Shields was a bit of a let-down with the injury, but I'm interested to see if he can turn some heads in TC and such. He definitely has the tools to become a legit threat in our passing game.

                              It's funny to see how negative most of us were after last year's draft. People expecting none of our second day picks to even make the team . . . and look, they're all here, and for the most part looking pretty good.


                              Just thought it would be interesting to put it into perspective. Sorry if bumping up this thread is breaking the rules; it wasn't my intention to do anything wrong here. I figured it could be interesting to look back at last year's draft, which fans were not too happy with, and see how it is beginning to work out. Maybe this year's draft will turn out alright... For now, we can only hope so.
                              Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                              Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information