Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the draft's over....what are the expectations for next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im excited to see DHB and Schilens at WR and JLH in the slot. That could be a good 3some of young Wr's. Plus we got Walker who will hopefully be healthy and some more young WR's. We just need 2 of the 6 or so young WR's to develop and we will be decent

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
      What makes you think the Raider defense will be any good? It still consists of the same bad players.
      Yep.Unable to stop the run,unable to pressure the QB theres only so much Aso can do back there.We need to sign someone and hope they play great preferably on the DL.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Hopefully the new D-coordinator will blitz more, that should help solve the pressure issues. The run D is still a major problem though, I don't think a change of coordinator/scheme is going to solve that one.

Comment

Unlikely he'll blitz much. It's still Al's defense, after all. Marshall's just there to run it.
          My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

The fact that we did nothing to address the poor run defense will come back to haunt us. I don't know why but Al or the coaching staff seems to think we are fine at the DT position. We have not drafted a DT since 2005 and it was 6th round bust Anttaj Hawthorne. Every year Raiders run defense is pathetic and every year we ignore the problem and draft DBs.

its ****** annoying, how will Al fix the Run D next year? Taylor Mays.
            Last edited by NIN1984; 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM.
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Al Davis: Genius

Comment

Look i think its silly to keep bashing the draft.. its futile.. the problem is coaching at this point....there is Talent there NO DOUBT but you need someone to bring it all together. That has been the real downfall here not drafting Talent. I can't believe that Russell, McFadden, Vargas, Miller, Everyone on the OLine, Heyward-Bey, Walker, etc. Can't score TD's with as atheletic as they are and talented as they are.

If Oakland had a real Offensive Coordinator it would be a windfall for them !

Comment

Coaching is always a problem in Oakland. But, the bigger problem is, as you inadvertently alluded to, drafting athletes over football players.

The only players on Oakland's offense I'd keep are Michael Bush, Justin Fargas, and Zack Miller. I'll throw Higgins in there as well. But, that's about it.

No offensive coordinator could turn this group of losers into a "windfall", juggernaut, or whatever else you can think of. Russell is crap. McBabyDaddy is a "change of pace" back at best. The O-line is pathetic. The WRs are, well, not ready for prime time. Just a lot of shiny, overpaid pieces of crap posing as an offense.

Also, there's no one on the roster named "Vargas".

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information