Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders Sign Jeremy Newberry

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p...0/1010/SPORT01

The Raiders missed out on most of the big-ticket free-agent offensive linemen of 2007, but are on the verge of adding a recognizable name. The team was deep into negotiations with free-agent center Jeremy Newberry on Monday night, and was expected to finalize a deal this morning - assuming he passes a physical.
    Last edited by Windy; 03-07-2007, 01:24 AM.

I like it. He can tutor the young guys about Cable's blocking scheme and might just have some starts left in the tank as well.
    Love those who love you but don't let love f*ck up your vision. How much love did your loved ones have when you were broke or doing time in prison? RIP MAC DRE

Comment

nice! i hope he can get back to his old form for us.

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Great.

Lets be optimistic and say he's gonna be the Comeback Player of the Year!

If we can get Daniel Graham to, that would be terrific FA signings for a 2-14 team.

Comment

finally we sign a olinemen

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

he signed just saw it on rotoworld.com
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

yea it's official now. also we missed out on reggie kelly. he re-signed with cincy.

Comment

whats up with players and coach's backing out of deals all the time....are we really that bad?

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

very solid move. A guy who can provide depth and maybe be a solid starter at C and he comes very cheap, and we dont have to make a big commitment. I really thought we needed some veteran help at OL and this is the right move because all those other OL got grossly overpaid. Steinbach is the only one who might earn his paycheck.

Comment

Great pickup....puts us in a position to maybe draft Blalock or even trade up to get him if need be. I'm not sold on any of the tackles that will be there in rd2 [except MAYBE Ugoh].

The only bad thing about this is that we probably won't draft Kalil now. I really wanted us to get him. Maybe move Newberry to another position?

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                      Great pickup....puts us in a position to maybe draft Blalock or even trade up to get him if need be. I'm not sold on any of the tackles that will be there in rd2 [except MAYBE Ugoh].

The only bad thing about this is that we probably won't draft Kalil now. I really wanted us to get him. Maybe move Newberry to another position?
                      if he can add 15 lbs he can be a G then we get kalil

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Yah I dunno if he will want to switch positions at this point in his career. On the plus side, this signing means Grove can go back to Guard. Yayyy....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I like the pickup, but I am worried because he has been injured a lot the past few years. I think I saw that it was only a 1 year deal, so maybe he is just hear to help the younger guys like Grove learn the position.

Comment

I saw the Broncos signed Daniel Graham to a nice deal, so he's out of the picture. One guy I think we should at least look at is Randy McMicheal, he could really turn us around. Or we should also maybe look at Eric Johnson, I'm noy sure if he got re-signed or not.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                              I saw the Broncos signed Daniel Graham to a nice deal, so he's out of the picture. One guy I think we should at least look at is Randy McMicheal, he could really turn us around. Or we should also maybe look at Eric Johnson, I'm noy sure if he got re-signed or not.
                              I saw another thread saying Eric Johnson signed with NO, so I guess he's outta the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information