3-4 next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-4 next year?

The front 7 is such a mess, do we move to the 3-4 next year?

Kirk Morrison has been fighting for his starting job all summer and is now hurt and for whatever reason the coaching staff thinks Ricky Brown is good, when i re-watch the games that guy is on the ground a lot.

We have no DTs, they all suck.

Ellis has made a few plays this preseason and should be a solid player this year.

Trevor Scott will start because we don't have anyone else.

i'm no 3-4 master so if we change to the 3-4 what would it look like? who stays, who goes?
    Last edited by NIN1984; 08-23-2009, 12:00 PM.
    Taking a Knapp.

Really doubt it if Al is still alive. He just needs to realize for 1 draft he needs to draft a NT with a 1st round pick. Our offense looked fine against the 49ers, so if we are able to atleast improve the run D we will be fine. We should ahve traded for Shaun Rodgers

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

We actually used the USC version of the 3-4 with the "elephant" position but it still didn't work too well.
      Peyton Manning Fanboy
      Originally posted by Complex
      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Might as well the rest of the Div is.:)

Comment

We would have decent DE's in a 3-4 (Kelly and Ellis/Richardson), but that's about it. We have no NT and I don't think Morrison or Howard would fit the 3-4 LB mold.

Comment

Kelly would probably be a good 3-4 DE and Scott might be a good rush LB in a 3-4, he seems to fit that mold with his size and speed.
            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

We would have to trade real NT to do a 3-4(**** we need a real NT fo our 4-3 too). I think Morrison and Howard would be average at ILB's, I dont see any of our DE being able to play OLB though. Kelly would be a alright DE though. We need to stick with our 4-3 though, IMO all we need is a solid DT, a SLB and a all around DE and our D would be pretty good.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                We would have decent DE's in a 3-4 (Kelly and Ellis/Richardson), but that's about it. We have no NT and I don't think Morrison or Howard would fit the 3-4 LB mold.
                Someone doesn't understand the 3-4 very well if they think Ellis, a 3-4 OLB, could play DE in that scheme.

Richardson is too soft to hold up. Shaugnnessy, maybe. Definitely not Richardson, though.

Ellis would be a decent OLB, but that's about it. Scott is questionable.

As poorly equipped to run a 4-3 as this team is, they'd be even worse in a 3-4. There's simply not enough talent, or effort, on the roster to field an NFL caliber defense.
                My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

DE - Tommy Kelly
                  NT - Terrence Cody
                  DE - Richard Seymour

that could be a great 3-4 d-line.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Why wait till next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Why wait till next year?
                      No nose tackle.
                      Peyton Manning Fanboy
                      Originally posted by Complex
                      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                        Someone doesn't understand the 3-4 very well if they think Ellis, a 3-4 OLB, could play DE in that scheme.

Richardson is too soft to hold up. Shaugnnessy, maybe. Definitely not Richardson, though.

Ellis would be a decent OLB, but that's about it. Scott is questionable.

As poorly equipped to run a 4-3 as this team is, they'd be even worse in a 3-4. There's simply not enough talent, or effort, on the roster to field an NFL caliber defense.
                        For some reason I thought Ellis was larger than he is, so you're right he wouldn't fit there. But I do think Richardson would be alright as a 3-4 DE, don't know why you think he's soft. He's not impressive but he doesn't completely suck like most of our D-line the last few years. At least we can agree that this team would not be equipped to run a 3-4.

Comment

Trading for Seymour now gives us something to think about if our defense doesnt work out this year. Draft/sign/trade for a quality NT, OLB and ILB could get us a solid 3-4 D

Kelly
                          Insert Name Here
                          Seymour

Ellis
                          Howard/Morrison
                          Insert name Here
                          Scott? Insert Name Here

Maybe we trade down in we are in the top 10 and get Mount Cody, sign a vet ILB and see if Scott can make it as a OLB

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

So the plan is to fire Marshall after one season then?
                            My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information