Raiders want to trade everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    Because he's a great player on a rebuilding team. What's the point of keeping him ,if by the time we're actually contenders, he's past his prime?
    I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.

Comment

Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...
      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.
          You're being overly optimistic. I can count maybe 10 players who start who should be backups. We need at least 4 offensive line starters+depth to compete there. 2 defensive tackles,a MLB,SLB, starting corner, before I think we could contend. Those peices are going to take a few years to procure.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.
            When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
              Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...
              Yes, our "aging" 28 year old cornerback. The way this organization spends draft picks there's no way I'd rather have even 3 more 1st round picks over the next 3 years than have Nnamdi for 2 more. Yes, winning games is fun. But, failing that, I'd like to be able to watch a few excellent players now and then and be able to root for them. Asomugha may wind up being a Hall of Famer and I'd like him to be a Raider for as long as possible, even if that means him hitting the market with no compensation for Oakland (beyond a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick).

Also, as I said in my previous post, this "Oakland to try and trade everyone" report has gone out after every season since 2007. It's Oakland trying to drum up calls from other teams and to get offers on the table, even though, whether because of the strategies ineffectiveness or Al's trade demands, the move almost never results in a large number of trades. Sure, the dissolution of the salary cap changes the trade game in the NFL for the short term, but I'd be truly shocked if Oakland either admits to a rebuilding position by trading away existing talent or even executes more than a couple medium-sized trades this offseason.

Comment

I definitely understand the 'trade Aso now, we won't be good until he's past his prime anyway' argument, in fact I'm pretty sure I made the same one last offseason. But now I'm sitting here and I realize that even if we got a boatload of 1st rounders for him, it wouldn't matter because Al is still making the picks. Given that, I'd have to agree with PMD and hope to keep Aso around for as long as possible and hope that he goes into the Hall as a Raider.

Comment

I absolutely love Aso, but him being on the team is a blessing and a curse. We will never be able to develop a rookie 2nd corner opposite of him without feeding them to the wolves. Don't see Al doing much with the picks he would get for Aso though and I to find that Aso is too loyal and too great of a leader too let slip away from our team.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                    When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.
                    Um....since we've had like 4 wins total since 2002.

Comment

Man, Nnamdi is one of the only reasons to watch my team at all right now.
                      (At least if Russell's the starting QB anyway.)

They better not trade the only player we have worth watching!

If they do, they'd better get some serious compensation.

The problem is, we seem to suck so bad at drafting high as of late, it doesn't matter how many 1st and 2nd rounders we get in a trade, we'll blow 'em all.

A bright spot in last year's draft!

Comment

We are going to keep all our good players, you need players to win in this league not trade them away and if that is the case why are we keeping Seymour and why did we resign our kicker to a long term extension if this report is accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by raiderchampion3 View Post
                          We are going to keep all our good players, you need players to win in this league not trade them away and if that is the case why are we keeping Seymour and why did we resign our kicker to a long term extension if this report is accurate?
                          Because...

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information