Raiders a No Show at Oklahoma's Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders a No Show at Oklahoma's Pro Day

"I'm reporting that every team, except the Oakland Raiders, attended Oklahoma's Pro Day this morning."

http://twitter.com/bydavidwhite

.... Well I guess Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams or Sam Bradford arent good enough to be a raider :(

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    "I'm reporting that every team, except the Oakland Raiders, attended Oklahoma's Pro Day this morning."

http://twitter.com/bydavidwhite

.... Well I guess Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams or Sam Bradford arent good enough to be a raider :(
    Im sure they won't complain.

Comment

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Just further means either Bruce Campbell, Taylor Mays or JPP will be the pick.

Comment

Gerald McCoy will be drafted gone home and had a shower by the time Oakland picks.

Comment

Do you guys really think the pick will be anyone either than Bruce Campbell? This is the most obvious draft for the team in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Do you guys really think the pick will be anyone either than Bruce Campbell? This is the most obvious draft for the team in recent memory.
              Really? No one has any indication that Oakland feels that offensive tackle is their biggest need (although we all know it is) and there is quite a large number of players that profile to Oakland's recent drafting habits at positions of need.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Really? No one has any indication that Oakland feels that offensive tackle is their biggest need (although we all know it is) and there is quite a large number of players that profile to Oakland's recent drafting habits at positions of need.
                You're right. It's difficult to get a grip on how the team feels about its pass rush in light of Ellis' release. I'm not giving JPP nearly as much as credit as he deserves. Logically Campbell makes too much sense, and that's probably where I've been caught up in all this.

Comment

Honestly, without some sort of vote of confidence for Mike Mitchell as the future at free safety, I think Mays should be considered a very real option.

Comment

You are way over your mind about Mays being drafted by Raiders with Branch,mitchell and the emergence of Huff.

Comment

Last year was a "redshirt" year for Mitchell and he even admitted to it. Playing in blitz packages on third down was a way to get him integrated into the defense while utilizing two of his greatest strengths, speed and pursuit. I wouldn't look into it as a vote of confidence from the team in one way or another. I have trouble seeing him unseat Huff unless his coverage abilities have markedly improved, which is hard to believe.

Comment

I still think Trent Williams is a possibility. Al gives young players time to prove themselves and Al is a Mario Henderson fan, it was his pick. The Raiders have a HUGE hole at RT right now and Trent Williams would be a perfect fit for that spot.
                        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

There's an assumption that Bruce Campbell, because of his extraordinary athleticism, will automatically be plugged onto the left side. I'm not so sure that will be the case if we draft him, though after a year or two I could see it. Everyone realizes he's a project type, and it would be best to ease the transition process as much as possible by playing him on the right side where his skills project best right away. He was considerably better in run blocking than in pass protection at Maryland, mostly due to an overall bad technique you could say.

Comment

Campbell

Yah I'm not sure if we don't draft Bulaga, Williams or another OT....

It would kind of suck to sit at 8 and draft Campbell when we could trade down to 15ish and get him....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Where the hell is this "unseating Michael Huff" **** coming from? The guy had a few interceptions early in the season, but he couldn't stave off Hiram Eugene for part of the season. He was far from a success last season.

Also,

Originally posted by 619
                              (Campbell) was considerably better in run blocking than in pass protection at Maryland, mostly due to an overall bad technique you could say.
                              This is patently false. Campbell was actually quite a good pass protector at Maryland but largely failed to drive very well on running plays. Playing him on the right side would be pretty damn silly, he either becomes a decent starter on the left side or he's a total bust.
                              Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information