2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    Houston needs to stay outside. We need experience inside or a huge body. Seymour fits.
    I just cant see Al having Seymour listed as the starter though at DT. We have UDFA Kellen Heard at 355lbs on the roster as of now but other than him we have no size at DT

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Rolando is going to have to be stout. Gerrard Warren was mediocre, but he's the only serviceable DT we had last year. We had a shot at Cam Thomas repeatedly and passed. That irked the hell out of me.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
        One thing Im confused about is who our starting DE's are going to be. Is Seymour going to play DT or DE? I know Shaughnessy will start but does Houston or Seymour start on the other side?
        Gotta convince him to sign before they can play him anywhere.

He and Houston both are miscast a 43 ends. This is going to be one screwball defense. But, that's nothing new around here.
        My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
          Rolando is going to have to be stout. Gerrard Warren was mediocre, but he's the only serviceable DT we had last year. We had a shot at Cam Thomas repeatedly and passed. That irked the hell out of me.
          Not that great a prospect imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
            Gotta convince him to sign before they can play him anywhere.

He and Houston both are miscast a 43 ends. This is going to be one screwball defense. But, that's nothing new around here.
            Yah it seems like we are trying to make up for our lack of size at the NT position by having larger LB's and DE's....While I'm worried that we don't have a single big man in the middle that will consume two blockers, it will be interesting to see how opposing tackles do against someone like Houston who may not be a speed demon, but is most likely a lot stronger than most traditional DE's. I personally don't think it is going to work at all, once the OT's get the initial contact, I think Houston will be playing catch up from that point on, not generating much of a consistent pass rush.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• Nevermind the sacrifice they're making in pass coverage playing DEs at both OLB spots. Should be the screwiest 4-3 defense since Tyler Brayton and Grant Irons were the starting OLBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                Nevermind the sacrifice they're making in pass coverage playing DEs at both OLB spots. Should be the screwiest 4-3 defense since Tyler Brayton and Grant Irons were the starting OLBs.
                I'd be worried about Wimbley. Scott was our best LB in coverage last year, and that's not a subtle comment either; he was a very impressive every-down player for us, despite his minimal experience and practice time at the position.

Comment

• Scott,Wimbley and Groves are nothing like Irons and Brayton.
                  Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• So are they saying Groves is a WLB right? or a SLB? Because if he is a WLB does that mean Howard moves to SLB for passing downs I assume?

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
                      Scott,Wimbley and Groves are nothing like Irons and Brayton.
                      They're converted DEs playing LB in a 4-3 defense. I wouldn't trust any of the 4 of them to man up on a HB with any sort of ability as a route runner.

Scott showed some encouraging man coverage ability, but he's still extremely raw. Expecting that he'll only get better assumes that the rest of the league is incapable of exploiting his lack of experience. I don't believe it will be that easy.

And if Wimbley is playing on the strong side more often than not, then we very well should expect some matchup disadvantages.

Comment

• I understand the concerns of Wimbley and Scott and even Groves on coverage but I highly doubt they will be covering anybody a lot.IF Marshall is able to call his game plan both of those guys will be blitzing like crazy of the edges like Julian Peterson and Leroy Hill.Something Thomas Howard is incapable of doing Howard will be used still but only in obvious passing downs.I think having 2 Safety's who can cover will help out a lot too with the tE's and RB's is it gonna be great right off the bat most likely not but I think by 4 games into it Wimbley and Scott will be playing some good football.

But there is something that makes me like Groves a lot and makes me think he is gonna have a good year.If anybody is gonna take over for Scott and be the full time WLB it will be Groves.
                        Last edited by _YL_; 05-26-2010, 04:03 PM.
                        Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• Rumor is if Chris Johnson doesnt have a season like he had in 2008 then we could see Huff becoming a CB and Branch moved to FS and Mitchell to SS. It probably wouldnt happen until like half way into the season if the move is made

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Michael Huff never had the hip fluidity to make the switch. I doubt things would change five years into his playing career.

Comment

• See, I thought Huff had the hips to play corner in college and was surprised that the general opinion once he hits the pros what that he didn't. I know he was getting some snaps at corner during the OTA's and if he's looked decent then I'd honestly be fine with it. He'd get picked on mercilessly to start off though.

My question is what about Routt? He played well in the stints and he was tendered quite highly considering his lack of starts the past two years. If both he and Johnson aren't showing anything, why didn't Oakland target a cornerback sooner in the draft?

Comment

• Well according to reports DHB had his best practice ever today not dropping a single ball and even beating Nnamdi Asomugha once for a big gain. Great news if he keeps up with the hard work, he will turn out to be a nice WR. Also love the reports of OC Hue Jackson really getting at the offence and defense. Talking trash and challenging both young and vet players.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information