No announcement yet.

2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to see Huff at CB,I think he has the tools to succeed at CB and it putting him at CB gives us the opportunity to put the best out there with ASO,Huff,Branch and Mitchelle
    Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• Well I think one way or the other we should draft a CB pretty high next year since its not known if Nnamdi will stay and Chris Johnson is getting old. I like Walter McFadden but it will take him awhile to make an impact on D and probably will be a special teams guy at first.

But I do believe if we end up performing better this year and get Seymour to sign long term that Nnamdi will stay atleast another year.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• It's up to the team whether Nnamdi stay another year. They'll just have to pay him around 20 million to do so.

I get the feeling that the only real way Scrabble stays around after this season is if he's willing to negotiate another deal and the only way he does that is if he feels that this team will actually go somewhere. Put simply, this team needs to take large strides this year to keep it's best player. If not, I doubt Al is willing to dish out elite quarterback money for Nnamdi nor do I think Nnamdi will let Oakland talk him out of his "get out of jail" contract.

Best possible situation if we suck again this year is that Al takes the team option then offers Nnamdi to a team that both parties agree to for compensation and the promise of a restructured contract.

Comment

• I actually hope Hue Jackson eventually comes the HC..
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
            I actually hope Hue Jackson eventually comes the HC..
            It would certainly appear that if Jackson can produce a significant change in the offense this year that he'll have a similar status to the one Cable had when he was hired from positional coach to head coach. That said, the reason Jackson came to Oakland was because of Cable. They've worked together off and on for the last two decades. I don't think that if Jackson takes a head coaching job that it would be to replace a really close friend.

However, more specifically, I'm not clear that I would want Jackson relegated to the administrative roles of a head coach instead of just focusing on getting the offense ready each week. Cable has proved to be good at handling the media, good at dealing with Al Davis, and generally pretty apt at handling the role of a head coach. Jackson is one of the most promising guys we've put into a coordinator role in years, I'm not really looking forward to removing him from that role.

If Jackson does become a HC, and he may, I would bet it's not with Oakland. That said, the longer we keep Cable around the longer Jackson will be here too.

Comment

• On the radar: Chaz Schilens

By Bill Williamson

A player, coach or issue that should be on your radar as training camp approaches.

One of the reasons for hope in Oakland is young receiver Chaz Schilens. The seventh-round pick in 2008 has shown nice flashes. Many league observers think he has a chance to develop into a solid No. 1 receiver. He is the best of Oaklandís several young receivers.

He has good hands. Heís big, fast and runs good routes. And heís still learning. His upside is very high.

However, there is also a major injury concern. Schilens is still feeling the effects of a broken foot he suffered during training camp last year. He missed several games because of the surgically repaired foot. Then he had a follow-up surgery this offseason because of complications. He is expected to miss the rest of the offseason workouts, and he isnít expected to be ready until training camp.

This isnít disastrous news, but NFL teams have OTAs for a reason -- Schilens is missing valuable time. He has a new offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, and he has to find a rhythm with new quarterback Jason Campbell. These things can be addressed during training camp, but it would be helpful for Schilens to have this time to work with the rest of the offense.

The biggest concern is if the foot will cause him any more problems during training camp. Two surgeries should do the trick. But the fact that he is still bothered by the injury nine months after it happened is cause for concern.

Oakland has to keep close tabs on Schilens and hope he is 100 percent once training camp arrives in late July. The Raiders are better team with Schilens than without him.

Link
              I saw this and I thought I'd post it here.

Comment

• If Schilens can stay healthy, I think he'd prove to be the very best value draft pick Oakland has made in quite a while. He's one of those instances where taking undeveloped triangle number guys later on can really pay off.

Just for fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                  I actually hope Hue Jackson eventually comes the HC..
                  Funny thing is when this first happened and I read about him I kind of felt he would become our head coach down the line. Maybe Cable gets up to say a 8-8 record for like a few years in a row but never gets the job done to be in the playoffs and Al makes Hue the head coach? All I know is if Hue fixes our offence he will get alot of interviews

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Heres some good news

Raiders' left tackle prefers Campbell's footwork to Russell's
                    Posted by Michael David Smith on May 27, 2010 12:11 PM ET
                    We previously noted that Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey may have a better year in 2010 because he'll be playing with a better quarterback. The same could be true of Raiders left tackle Mario Henderson.

Speaking with reporters at the Raiders' organized team activities, Henderson praised new quarterback Jason Campbell for having the proper footwork when he drops back to pass -- making it easier for Henderson to know how to block for him. And while Henderson didn't criticize JaMarcus Russell by name, his comments suggest that he found it frustrating to block for Russell.

"Now I can get adjusted as to where [Campbell] steps up in the pocket, [and] I know he's accurate, as far if it's a seven-step drop, I know he'll take seven; if it's five, I know he's going to take five," Henderson said. "That's good to be accurate."

While Russell suffered from lethargy addiction, Henderson praises the hard work and study habits of Campbell.

"For him to be able to come here, be able to grasp the offense and take control of it as fast as he did, it's amazing," Henderson said of Campbell. "It just goes to show you the type of guy he is and the type of hard worker and studier he is."

Just as Russell's three years in Oakland showed the type of hard worker and studier he is.
                    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-to-russells/

Seems like if Russell isnt their then we have confidence in our team(example Bruce Gradkowski of all people making us look like a decent team last year). Expecting big things this year, hopefully Im not let down again

Also I guess we are suing JaMarcus for 9mil. You can read more in the NFL section on here

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• DHB also apparently had his best practice ever yesterday and didn't drop anything. He even made a move on Nnamdi after a catch.
                      Peyton Manning Fanboy
                      Originally posted by Complex
                      They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Mario Henderson needs to shut his garbage mouth. He was terrible when Grad and Frye were in too.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• OJ Atogwe is a FA now because the Rams failed to re tender him..

PLEASE come to Oakland.. don't we have enough $ to throw at him?
                          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                          Coples is that dude.
                          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Oakland seems pretty happy with their safeties right now. Huff played decently last year and obviously they are happy with Branch. Who knows if the rumors about Huff making a shift to corner have an real basis, but even in that case it looks like that would be to get Mike Mitchell on the field more.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Atogwe, but I doubt Oakland gets into a bidding war over the guy.

Comment

• Doesnt make alot of since unless we forsure move Huff to CB

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                Heres some good news

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-to-russells/

Seems like if Russell isnt their then we have confidence in our team(example Bruce Gradkowski of all people making us look like a decent team last year). Expecting big things this year, hopefully Im not let down again

Also I guess we are suing JaMarcus for 9mil. You can read more in the NFL section on here
                                While Russell suffered from lethargy addiction
                                lol
                                people are still quoting this as fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information