2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some notes from todays OTA's:

-Defensive back Stanford Routt missed action with a tight back.
    -Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski will miss action till training camp, while he continues to rehab his pectoral injury.
    -Right tackle Langston Walker went through a procedure to fix an ailment in his elbow. He’s expected to be back on the field during training camp.
    -Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, Nnamdi Asomugha, Shane Lechler, Sebastian Janikowski are some Raiders that were not in attendance.
    -Rookie Lamarr Houston continues to be aggressive and boisterous this spring, this time, going after veteran Samson Satele.
    -Darrius Heyward-Bey had another solid outing, beating rookie CB Walter McFadden and looking good getting into the end zone on a few tosses

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• The team has also lost two OTA days according to Jerry McDonald. I can only assume this is for contact during what are technically supposed to be non-contact drills.

Comment

• We just signed John Henderson to a one year deal according to Adam Schefter!
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Congrats on getting Henderson. If he plays hard he is a top DT. He and Stroud were a nightmare for the Colts a few years ago.

Comment

• Oh **** this is great news if he can play like he is expected to we will have a very nice dline. Id love to see it like this

Shaughnessy
            Seymour
            Henderson
            Houston

Balance of big bodies and pass rush. Seymour played his best inside last year and if Shaughnessy keeps up what he did last year he should be alright since he will likely see 1 on 1 every time. Houston is there to stop the run to the right and possibly get some pressure and Henderson is the big NT we have needed

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Henderson fell off, but he's still better than what he had last year.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• My early 53 man roster and depth chart

QB Campbell/Gradkowski/Frye
                RB Bush/McFadden/Cartwright
                FB Tonga/Moline
                WR Schilens/Watkins/Ford
                TE Miller/Stewart/Myers
                LT Henderson/Pears
                LG Gallery/Barnes
                C Satele/Morris
                RG Carlisle/Campbell
                RT Veldheer/Walker
                WR Heyward-Bey/Murphy

DE Seymour/Houston
                DT Henderson/Heard
                DT Kelly/Bryant
                DE Shaughnessy/Richardson

SLB Wimbley/Groves
                MLB McClain/Brown/Ekejiuba
                WLB Scott/Howard

CB Asomugha/McFadden/Ware
                SS Branch/Mitchell
                FS Huff/Eugene
                CB Johnson/Routt

K Janikowski
                P Lechler
                LS Condo

KR Cartwright
                PR Ford

My guess on situational stuff:
                Passing downs
                DE Shaughnessy
                DT Seymour
                DT Kelly/Bryant
                DE Groves/Scott

SLB Scott/Wimbley
                MLB McClain
                WLB Howard

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I honestly wouldn't mind Veldheer at LT. I mean, you can't get much worse than Mario Henderson.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• I'd be surprised if Heard makes the final roster. I've heard nothing particularly positive about besides his size. I'd also be shocked if McFadden winds up snagging the nickel back position. I think Oakland would move Huff over and have a safety tandem of Branch and Mitchell before putting McFadden out there. He may ultimately snag the position, but he hasn't been great so far.

If the team thinks Veldheer can be decent as a pass blocker and better as a run blocker than Henderson, I'm all for it. The run game is what Oakland needs to have happen this year and Veldheer appears to have the strength that Henderson lacks. We'll see if Carlisle can hold onto his spot too; we shouldn't discount the possibility that Walker's superior size will be considered a plus considering that Satele is less than stout and every other team in our division runs a 34.

It appears that Oakland wants to have a large RE. That's fine and all, but please let it be the young and quick Houston and please move Seymour inside. Seymour is only an inside pass rusher, something he couldn't do from the defensive end spot and still be able to hold the edge against the run. There's going to be a lot of uncertainty on that Oakland defense when it comes to holding the edge against the run and how the linebackers play the pass. I suspect that the safeties are going to be asked to help in short coverage a lot and hopefully Scott and Wimbley will be set free to generate pressure.

Comment

• It makes total sense to put Seymour inside at UT at all time but I just dont see it happening. Al wants him listed as a DE

Id love for Veldheer to take the LT spot, but I think he wont until later on in the season probably. Get him some playing time on the other side to get used to the speed of the game then slide him over

As to Heard not making the roster, I dont see any other DT to slot in the 4th spot. Joseph, Boschetti and Cooper are old and seem to just be camp players while Heard has some potential with his size and probably would only be used on short yard downs.
                      Last edited by RaiderNation; 06-12-2010, 04:29 PM.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        I'd be surprised if Heard makes the final roster. I've heard nothing particularly positive about besides his size. I'd also be shocked if McFadden winds up snagging the nickel back position. I think Oakland would move Huff over and have a safety tandem of Branch and Mitchell before putting McFadden out there. He may ultimately snag the position, but he hasn't been great so far.

If the team thinks Veldheer can be decent as a pass blocker and better as a run blocker than Henderson, I'm all for it. The run game is what Oakland needs to have happen this year and Veldheer appears to have the strength that Henderson lacks. We'll see if Carlisle can hold onto his spot too; we shouldn't discount the possibility that Walker's superior size will be considered a plus considering that Satele is less than stout and every other team in our division runs a 34.

It appears that Oakland wants to have a large RE. That's fine and all, but please let it be the young and quick Houston and please move Seymour inside. Seymour is only an inside pass rusher, something he couldn't do from the defensive end spot and still be able to hold the edge against the run. There's going to be a lot of uncertainty on that Oakland defense when it comes to holding the edge against the run and how the linebackers play the pass. I suspect that the safeties are going to be asked to help in short coverage a lot and hopefully Scott and Wimbley will be set free to generate pressure.
                        Walker is running as the first team RT right now so he may not even play guard.
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• I think Walker is a better fit inside though with his huge body compared to playing outside against fast rushers. If I got to pick Id go like this

LT Henderson
                          LG Gallery
                          C Satele
                          RG Walker
                          RT Veldheer

If Henderson struggles switch Veldheer to the left and let Henderson and Walker battle for the RT and if Walker gets it then either Carlisle or Campbell go to RG

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Walker just wasn't that effective at G last year because he was so tall. Him as a backup Tackle is best.

Comment

• Looks like we were going to trade for John Henderson and offered a 5th rounder for him but the Jags wanted a 4th... now we got him for free

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• I would love to see Veldheer start at RT for the first game but im not positive it will happen
                                Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information