No announcement yet.

2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker is the best option the team has at RT right now. I think he could do pretty well, actually.
    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• I just want to see Veldheer start somewhere on the line. I have very high hopes for him and with Cable working with the line more he could turn into a very good LT

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• The biggest issue for him is that he's making about as big a leap in competition talent as a player can make. He's going to greatly benefit from NFL conditioning and getting lots of snaps in TC. He simply dominated at Hillsdale (I don't believe he gave up a sack during his entire career there), but now he's going to have to face Richard Seymour.

I want him to come along quickly too, but I sort of suspect he won't start until after week 8 at the soonest.

Comment

• Seymour signed his franchise tender today. He's getting $12.4 million this year.

Comment

• Like i said before I would love to see Jared Veldheer start right away but just not sure how likely it will happen.I think Bruce Campbell will start before Veldheer cause his transition to OG is easier and I think the Raiders are hoping he can beat out coop.
            Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.
                There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                  There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.
                  Not permanently. The thought process was that Oakland has a lot of tackles competing right now (Henderson, Veldheer, Walker, Barnes, and Pears) and it looks right now like Henderson has a strong hold on the LT job. That leaves 3 or 4 guys to battle for RT even without Campbell. The coaches know Campbell will take some developing, but they want him to get some snaps in the run-up to the season, and there's not much sitting behind Gallery and Carlisle at guard.

I think that maybe Cable is also thinking that while Campbell was pretty good kicking out at Maryland, he struggled when he played in a phone booth, so guard gives him a shot at working out those kinks without being expected to start anywhere right now. Best case scenario is he develops quickly and beats Carlisle out, worst case scenario is he gets a shot at RT next year when Walker and Barnes are gone and Henderson may not come back (assuming Mario can even keep his job through this season).

I don't think it's a permanent move, more of a teaching move, but I think it could be risky.

Comment

Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Oakland Raiders OG Bruce Campbell has been coming along nicely during offseason practices at his new position of offensive guard, reports Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, according to managing general partner Al Davis. Campbell has a tendency to play a little bit high, but the team is impressed with him. He just needs to improve on his knee bends.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/22286/nfl#ixzz0rXT07xID
                    Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• Oakland Raiders OL Bruce Campbell said his transition from an offensive tackle in college to a guard in the NFL has been a bit of a struggle so far, reports Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers. "I was a left tackle, now I'm playing right guard," Campbell said. "It's a totally different experience. I'm used to space on the outside. Now I'm on the inside with a lot of help. People would say it's easier, but I don't see it being easier right now."
                      I'm gonna believe Campbell way before I believe Davis.

Comment

• That was posted like a week after he got drafted first time playing OG some time has passed since that but we shall wait and see then

Comment

• Albert Haynesworth still being rumored to maybe be a target of ours... I wouldnt mind it if its not for alot. Albert and Henderson rotate at NT..... nice

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

I've pretty much felt the same about Campbell. To me tall and lanky = OT, not guard. The guy is pretty athletic for a lineman and those skills would be best used on the outside, although he obviously he needs a lot of polish. Hopefully the guard thing is only temporary.

Comment

• If we can get him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and he's willing to stick with his current contract, I'd make the deal. There's basically no guaranteed money left, so cutting him would be absolutely free. Pay him as long as he produces and no longer.

If he wants to renegotiate and the Redskins price is too high, I really don't see the point. Haynesworth might be good, but he'd also certainly be a headache at some point, and considering he was complaining before his first season with Washington was even finished, I'm not sure it would be more than a 1 or 2 year rental.

Comment

• Reason why Campbell is being worked at OG is one to get on the field and I also think they are going to pull the guards more like the Jets do.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information