No announcement yet.

2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, don't clog up my screen with that hideous face. For the love of god.

Comment

• So since J.Veldheer hasn't taken one snap im gonna assume he will be the opening day starter at center
      Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

• Oakland Raiders running back Michael Bush could be sidelined for four games or longer, according to the Contra Costa Times, with a broken thumb that was expected to require surgery to repair the damage.

Bush has said it's a 'Bennett fracture,' on his Twitter account.

An orthopedic surgeon, not Bennett's doctor, told the newspaper that four to six weeks is the best-case scenario for such an injury.

Bush broke his thumb during a preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers.

With Bush sidelined, Darren McFadden will assume the bulk of the workload at running back.

The Raiders may seek help at running back via the free agent route.

Link
        Massive blow, if true. The only good news to come from this is that we will finally know once and for all if McFadden can ever be a lead back for this team. Call me crazy, but I think we could 'survive' with a tandem of McFadden, Bennett and either Cartwright/Fargas. It sure won't be pretty, though.

Comment

• How did DMC look yesterday? Did he play at all? I didnt get a chance to see the game

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            How did DMC look yesterday? Did he play at all? I didnt get a chance to see the game
            Nah, he didn't play. DMC is one of the very last players I would've wanted to see out there last night. The guy is literally a walking twig.

Comment

• Rumors are Michael Huff could be traded....

Also with TJ Whosyamamma looking like he is done in Seattle Id love to bring him in. He isnt in his prime by no means, but brings a veteran WR to go to with Murphy and DHB as the 2/3 WR's

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                Rumors are Michael Huff could be traded....

Also with TJ Whosyamamma looking like he is done in Seattle Id love to bring him in. He isnt in his prime by no means, but brings a veteran WR to go to with Murphy and DHB as the 2/3 WR's
                Huff just can't tackle to save his life. Letting him go would also mean more time for Michael Mitchell, I say good move.

We really need that WR vet presence on the team, I think are most experienced receiver on the team is JLH. TJ may not be in his prime, but he still can be productive on the field, and gives Campbell a big more experienced target.

Comment

• So...how about that Stevie Brown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    So...how about that Stevie Brown?
                    I like what I've seen, he's made some good plays. He's also had a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Comment

• Rumors going around Mike Mitchell might also be on his way out too....

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Would be a terrible waste of a draft pick.
                        Peyton Manning Fanboy
                        Originally posted by Complex
                        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Wow, I thought the team liked Mitchell. He hasn't been great, but I also don't like the idea of cutting Huff and Mitchell.

Comment

• http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0yaSwO2iT

The team has not made any announcement but we did a head count at practice and this is what we came up with.

There are 50 guys on the practice field, including injured running back Michael Bush. Add injured WR Chaz Schilens and DE Jay Richardson and that makes 52.

DT Desmond Bryant (elbow) and LB Travis Goethel (undisclosed) are both hurt, and one may have made the roster with the other going on the injured list. Rookie CB Walter McFadden was also likely stashed on the injured list.

Fullback Luke Lawton doesn't count because he has a two-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs.

Coach Tom Cable will confirm the cuts after practice.

Those players not on the field:

QB Colt Brennan, FB Luke Lawton, FB Manase Tonga, WR Shaun Bodiford, WR Todd Watkins, TE John Owens, C Chris Morris, G Alex Parsons, G Brandon Rodd

DE Greyson Gunheim, DE Kellen Heard, DE Alex Daniels, DT William Joseph, DT Chris Cooper, DT Desmond Bryant, LB Travis Goethel, LB David Nixon, LB Slade Norris, CB Walter McFadden, CB Joe Porter, CB Joey Thomas, S Jerome Boyd, P Swayze Waters

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0yaW56OdU
                            Looks like we are waiting on one more cut..
                            Last edited by bernbabybern820; 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM.
                            Peyton Manning Fanboy
                            Originally posted by Complex
                            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• 09/04/2010 Released CB Joey Thomas, FB Manase Tonga and WR Todd Watkins
                              09/04/2010 Released WR Shaun Bodiford, S Jerome Boyd, QB Colt Brennan, DL Chris Cooper, DE Alex Daniels, DE Greyson Gunheim, DT Kellen Heard, DT William Joseph, FB Luke Lawton, OL Chris Morris, LB David Nixon, LB Slade Norris, TE John Owens, OL Alex Parsons, CB Joe Porter, DE Jay Richardson, OL Brandon Rodd

Those are the cuts

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Surprised a bit by Richardson getting cut. He wasn't anything special but he wasn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information