2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    We're not going to win in his prime, and he's just going to be another overpaid over the hill player. Why not get a great young LT and a draft pick? Gaither would be a huge piece to the puzzle on O.
    Dude come on do you know how important Aso is in our D? The guy completely shuts one side of the field down, and is arguably a top 10 defensive player. What are you talking about we will never win with him in his prime, the guys is 28 and people already feel we can be a Wild Card team. I like Gaither, but with drafting two Tackles it makes little sense to trade for him now.

Comment

We're not a wild card team. Even I have fallen into that thinking, but we lack talent at too many positions. We have 1 capable starter on the line(Gallery) and he's an above average run blocker and a terrible pass protector. We have no Nose tackle. No CB to start opposite Nnamdi. No consistent receiving threat outside of Zach Miller, and a mediocre pass rush. This team is 2 good drafts from being a good team. Nnamdi will be 30 by then. His value won't be nearly as high, and he'll be overpaid. I'd rather the good young tackle to really boost the rebuilding process. I feel like this team,specifically the lines need to be blown up. We lack considerable talent at DT and OT,OG,C.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

The Raiders have moved Khalif Barnes inside to guard.

Langston Walker has already won Oakland's right tackle job. Barnes will be a swing reserve if he makes the final roster, backing up as many as four positions. He won't beat out LG Robert Gallery or RG Cooper Carlisle.
        http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3164

I believe the part where he moves to guard, but I dont think Langston has won the RT job

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

i wouldnt trade Aso for Gaither and here is the points why:

1. Aso is one of the top2 CBs in the NFL and Gaither is not even a top 10 LT in this league, hes not even the best OL in Baltimore.

2. if we give up Aso we will only have Johnson and Routt as starters. are you kidding me?!! they are nickel corners at best, so we will not only suck on the left side but on the right side too, not to mention the fact that our run support really sucked last season;-)
          i prefer Veldheer or even Henderson as starter at LT before i see Routt and Johnson as only CB starters.

the only player i would trade Aso for is Ngata, but it wont happen because Ngata is the key of Baltimore D, beside Ray "Suggar" Lewis.

so i hope that Aso wont be traded otherwise i will be really pissed off because this offseason looks so great till this point.

Comment

Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.
              If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?
                1. Al Davis
                2. Money

And no I don't think Henderson will ever amount to anything. Veldheer certainly could be on par with Gaither sooner than expected, even as promptly as a year or two from now, and this small school BS is overstated as far as I'm concerned. Veldheer dominating his competition for four years at a DII school is more than equal to anything Gaither did at Maryland. They're both tall, quick-footed finesse blockers in a big man's body. I'd trust Cable to get as much (or more) out of Veldheer as whatever the Baltimore coaching staff got out of Gaither; his work ethic (or lack thereof) being the sole reason.

Comment

Just now saw Walter McFadden is the younger brother of Bryant McFadden, good football blood I guess to a degree, but hopefully he turns out better than that bum. :D
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Ever? Sure. Gaither is good, but there's a real reason Baltimore was trying to trade him and no one bit. Moreover, Gaither ain't a power blocker. Dude is one of the better pass protectors in the league, but he gets pretty poor push in the run game. He's too tall to get particularly good leverage.

So yeah, I think that both Veldheer and Campbell have easily as good potential as Gaither did coming out of Maryland.

Comment

Jamarcus looking the best? Haha not buying much into that but it is interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ent_id=2222908
                      Coples is that dude.

Comment

Read the whole thing. Russell had a strong first day then laid an egg on the next two and got almost no snaps the last day.

Comment

Yeah I continued on that haha. Interesting article as a whole.
                          Coples is that dude.

Comment

I'm kinda loving the Raiders because they picked a very close friend of mines.. Manase Tonga. Bravo Raiders Bravo

Comment

So JaMarcus had a bad practice yesterday. Good news?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                So JaMarcus had a bad practice yesterday. Good news?
                                Great news.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information