2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    So JaMarcus had a bad practice yesterday. Good news?
    It's no news. How 'bout that?

The only way I can see any relevance with this is that with every bad practice he is one step closer to being another bum on the streets. Business aside, this is no news.

Comment

Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
        Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.
        Here's hoping Kellen Heard becomes this year's Desmond Bryant and contributes as a rotational player, at the very least, because we desperately need a young body to emerge into that role; that's asking for a lot, though.

Comment

Is Cofield still on the market?
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
            Is Cofield still on the market?
            I believe he would be for a third rounder or so next season. The rumor was that the team was close to trading him to the Saints on draft day for a second-day pick (2nd/3rd). My personal opinion was that I thought they would be more inclined to keeping the defensive line intact after deciding against trading Osi, as that was the driving force behind their Super Bowl run a few years ago.

Comment

Desmond Bryant is penciled in as a starting DT. If that gets put down in ink, I think McClain's bid for DRotY is screwed, along with the run defense.

My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.
                  Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                  like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                    Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.
                    Honestly, a large part of Oakland's problems stopping the run have had to do with outside containment and filling gaps more than lack of stout play. Kelly and Warren weren't great last year, but they weren't giving tons of ground in the run game.

Obviously we don't have the personnel to run a strict 1-tech/3-tech scheme. It'll likely be two 2-techs most of the time, although I suspect that Houston will see some time playing a 3-tech in nickel packages. Seymour is easily strong enough to play a 2-tech role and he controls gaps expertly. As for Kelly, I'm less than thrilled with another year of him, but when he works up the energy the guy can be hard to block. We'll be seeing probably a pretty heavy rotation with Seymour seeing the most total snaps. I suspect that Kellen Heard is, at best, a practice squad player for the time being.

Seymour can occasionally bring inside pressure, which is going to have to be enough. With the number of edge rushers that Oakland has right now, I think a working pass rush can be crafted with what's in place.

Comment

• Never thought i'd be so happy after releasing a player. What a **** up that was.

Comment

• Holy crap, we're free. FREE!

Comment

• MLK just put on his Raiders cap and started doing an Arsenio style fist pump.

Free at ******* last.
                          My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• For a while I thought Al would make sure we didn't cut Russell for some stupid/stubborn reason. Really happy he is no longer around!

Comment

• I am going to be mad if the Pats sign him.. think long term? As fas as Bradys age and injury.

Michael Wilbon said maybe they take a shot I dont see it but Id be super pissed if he turned out.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• I don't think we'll see JaMarcus in New England any time soon, that was just speculation on Wilbon's part.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information