2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
    Would cutting Todd Watkins to make room for TO really be that bad?
    Worse than cutting Higgins or Holland, in my estimation. Watkins has largely been the most consistent backup on the team and with Schilens in a state of questionable health constantly I don't think it'd be wise to cut him.

Comment

• JLH should be the first WR to go with Ford coming in and likely taking over the punt return duties and maybe a similar role as JLH would have for us. Also Rock Cartwright coming in as a returner too

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• TO....

I'd rather see us developing DHB as a deep threat than renting TO for a couple years. Personally I'd rather not see TO in Oakland unless he is wearing an opponents jersey...

My bad on Campbell's age, I thought he was quite a bit younger...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• Reports are Desmond Bryant is around 310lbs. Maybe we are thinking he can turn into our NT?

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Does anyone remember what Bryant's listed playing weight was during last season? I thought it was sub-280, which calls into question whether such a substantial weight gain is really a good idea.

Comment

• I think he was listed at 295

Actually was 290

http://www.nfl.com/players/desmondbr...e?id=BRY332277

Also here is something interesting I read:
              According to profootallfocus.com statistics, Michael Bush ranked second in the NFL behind Kansas City’s Jamal Charles with 3.4 yards per carry after first contact. Darren McFadden was ranked 38th out of 61 qualifiers at 2.4 yards after contact, which was actually a slight improvement from his 2.1 figure as a rookie.
              Last edited by RaiderNation; 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• This is VERY wishfull thinking but could we be gearing up to trade for Albert Haynesworth? He didnt show up to camp for the Redskins camp and Tom Cable said we are waiting to address the DT again. Who thought we were going to trade for Richard Seymour a week before the season? It makes great sense to bring him in as our NT and would complete our defense. We could restructure the deal to pay him most his contract this year since its an up capped year. Also he got paid most his bonus last season so we wouldnt have to pay that. Send them a 3rd for the 2011 draft and another pick depending on his play for the 2012 draft? We already made one move this off season with them and its known Al likes to deal with the same teams(Patriots). Al asked about Vince Wilfork when we dealed for Seymour so maybe Al told the Redskins that if they want to deal him just give him a call.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• No way they're going to bulk up a college DE and make him a NT. An under tackle, maybe. Although, whatever they do with him, he's still not a viable starter.

Such an odd D-line. Seymour and Houston still appear to be DEs, despite the fact that both are better suited inside. Training camp is going to be real interesting this year.
                  My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• I'd welcome Haynesworth with open arms. I don't expect it to happen though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                      No way they're going to bulk up a college DE and make him a NT. An under tackle, maybe. Although, whatever they do with him, he's still not a viable starter.

Such an odd D-line. Seymour and Houston still appear to be DEs, despite the fact that both are better suited inside. Training camp is going to be real interesting this year.
                      Im thinking we are running the same principals as a 3-4, just with 4 dlinemen and 2 rushers instead of 3 dlinemen

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Who would you guys rather see manning the slot position more this season, Higgins or Ford?

Comment

• Higgins really stepped back last year. He can still get seperation, but in the slot is where hands are absolutely crucial. Whoever holds onto the ball should play it IMO. Has Nick Miller been recovering?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• I don't even think Miller saw the field at all in minicamp. One of Ford's greater attributes after his speed is said to be his hands, so he may be the ideal fit. Campbell does like to feed the ball over the middle, and one can look no further than the three straight 50+ catch seasons put up by Randel El, while with the Skins.

Comment

• Why not Murphy? If Campbell is so prone to passing to the slot guy, why not put our best receiver there?

Comment

• I expect JLH and Miller to be cut if Ford can take over the return duties.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information