Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders close to a deal with Faneca? (update: nope)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, there's no way I could claim to know near as much about the offensive line as Tom Cable, but I really don't see Bruce Campbell as he is right now as a offensive guard. He doesn't anchor all that well, he doesn't get consistent leverage, and he wasn't really all that great at getting a push in the run game. If we were still running the ZBS, that'd be one thing, since he'd probably be pretty damn awesome at pulling, but we're not. The single best thing about this kid is his kick-slide. It's unreal. He's gotta be a tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Guys, there's no way I could claim to know near as much about the offensive line as Tom Cable, but I really don't see Bruce Campbell as he is right now as a offensive guard. He doesn't anchor all that well, he doesn't get consistent leverage, and he wasn't really all that great at getting a push in the run game. If we were still running the ZBS, that'd be one thing, since he'd probably be pretty damn awesome at pulling, but we're not. The single best thing about this kid is his kick-slide. It's unreal. He's gotta be a tackle.
      Are we really running a power, man-up blocking scheme? I haven't actually heard that as a definite answer. I agree that his skillset does NOT match that of a power blocking guard. The skills he needs to develop the most are the ones that are most necessary for a power blocking scheme and the skills he already possesses would be virtually useless in said scheme.

Does he have brute strength? Yes. But without the leverage and ability to anchor in the blocking game, he doesn't make sense inside for a power scheme.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

It was my impression. Bringing in guys like Langton Walker would seem to support that and it was also cited as a possible reason for Cable's exit. Since that didn't happen, who knows. I was getting ahead of myself above. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information