X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaiderNation
    started a topic Week 5 Chargers @ Raiders

Week 5 Chargers @ Raiders

Been a pretty slow week, no big news heading into the game....

Prediction 30-17 Chargers
    Last edited by RaiderNation; 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM.

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Everything Cable has said indicates that Bruce is the guy if he's healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Stash
    replied
    I don't understand some of the reactions here. I'm super glad we won, but I can't be the only who saw us get really, really lucky. I pray Bruce is healthy enough to go next week because if Campbell starts we might as well hand the Niners their first W and not even show up. He came out and showed he is the exact same guy he was before, a checkdown artist. I saw him throw the ball downfield twice, and I think one of them came back because of a penalty.

The reason we won this game had almost nothing to do with Campbell, it had to do with 2 blocked punts and 3 forced fumbles (pretty sure the fumbles were all in or near the red zone). You can't count on those plays every week, and without them we're looking at a blowout in the Chargers favor. We only had 279 yards of offense to the Chargers' 506, that will not get it done. Murphy was the only WR with a catch, and the majority of his yards were after the catch. We need someone who will throw the ball downfield and Campbell is not that guy. You'll have a hard time converting 3 and long when you check down in the flats. It might look pretty and efficient on the stat sheet, but it won't win many games.

Again, I'm really glad we won and I'll take a W any way we can get it (especially against SD). I'm just really worried that Cable will start Campbell because he just happened to be behind center when we won.
    Last edited by Stash; 10-12-2010, 01:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderNation
    replied
    Off topic a bit, but Im disappointed in Branch this season. He played very good last year and I thought he would make the jump to being a pro bowl type player this year, instead he took a step backwords and seems pretty average to me. Cant cover, still decent in run support

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hue Jackson is an offensive genius. Probably my favorite person in the organization at this point. And I ******* love Zach Miller.

Leave a comment:

• NIN1984
    replied
    Mike Mitchell was awesome yesterday. Also lets give it up for Hue Jackson, Its nice to see the offense actually move the ball.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    Mike Mitchell outplayed Huff and Branch for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Huff is Huff. He's an enthusiastic tackler who gets a little lost in coverage every once in a while. He's the best deep free safety we've had since Rod Woodson left whichever way you slice it.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Homer
    replied
    I watched part of the game and Michael Huff looked like he was playing pretty solid.

Has Huff been playing better overall in y'alls opinions this season?

Leave a comment:

• RaiderNation
    replied
    A win is a win. Our team has real heart and look what happens when we blitz. Rivers could do anything with that pressure at the end. Stopped the run, only 91 yards and 3.7 average given up. Seymour is a beast on the line and **** we got 3 sacks. Campbell impressed me, started off bad but he started going down the field and found that Zach Miller is one of the best TE's in the league. 6 REC 62 yards and td, pro bowl type player. Bush getting over a 100 yards with a 4ypc, very happy with that. Hopefully DMC is back next week at 100%, it will be a field day for our RB's.

But there were still bad things in this game. The pass defense looked.....HORRIBLE. 431 yards given up? Malcom Floyd looking like a HoF player? Thought the defense is better against the pass than the run. Chris Johnson and Routt need to be replaced fast. Might be looking for a CB in the 2nd round IMO. Ras-I Dowling, Aaron Williams or Curtis Brown would be great. All have size and speed similar to Nnamdi.

The oline looked "better" I guess. Still bad, real bad, but Campbell was getting time in the 4th. Special teams finally showed up, been what 2 years since they did anything

Leave a comment:

• _YL_
    replied
    Well wasn't a good day for Bruce this was the first team he played that actually had a good defense.Campbell needs to get the credit he deserves comes into the game and drives us on 2 long td drives against a good defense and finally beat the Chargers.He ran that PA pass on 4th down beautifully and seemed to just let the game come to him.He managed the game like we needed him to and that's what this team needs a game manager cause with this running game and those 2 Rb's we should be handing the ball off to them most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    If Bruce is healthy, he should start. Whether that's the case or not remains to be seen. He definitely wasn't healthy coming into today.

Leave a comment:

• NotRickJames
    replied
    Hard to picture Cable sticking with Gradkowski. I think Campbell will get the nod next week. I still like Gradkowski better, but Campbell played very well today. Mario had a good game as well. I want to see if Campbell can do well when teams are gameplanning for him.

Leave a comment:

• bernbabybern820
    replied
    The only thing that could have been better was having Gus Johnson commentate.

Leave a comment:

• bernbabybern820
    replied
    Loved the blitzing at the end. It made a huge difference in the 4th quarter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information