X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaiderNation
    started a topic Week 8 Seahawks @ Raiders

Week 8 Seahawks @ Raiders

Important game here. We need to win back to back games for once. Very winnable game, I think we have more talent on both sides of the ball. But as you all know we usually lose those games. Prediction

27-23 Raiders :D

• Black Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    lol.

Nate Washington's 56 yard TD in week 1...who gave it up? Stanford Routt
    Bradford's 17 yarder to bring them back into the game...who gave it up? Stanford Routt

Malcolm Floyd looking like freaking Jerry Rice on us...Who was covering him for the majority of the game? Stanford Routt

These are only the TDs...I didn't feel like going to find all the times he's given up a huge pass or a huge penalty to keep a drive alive.
    The Washington TD was on the safety. Floyd also beat Aso on two passess. And the big ones were on the Ss. The one he caught at the front of the endzone was almost the exact same spot Tyvon Branch was standing at two second prior. He ran up to cover Gates.

Please, I understand you don't like Routt, but you are WAY overstating your case. His biggest problem is not sticking with guys, it's not turning his head in coverage downfield. He did that on the deflection that lead to the INT.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    So did you have fun with Tyler guys?
    Russell Okung got hurt just in the nick of time. :)

Your whole line sucked, though.

Leave a comment:

• gpngc
    replied
    So did you have fun with Tyler guys?

Leave a comment:

replied
    If you wanna get picky, sure, you could criticize our safety play this season. Routt, on the other hand, has played relatively well given his responsibilities. You won't see me chastizing his play, because he doesn't deserve it. If you're expecting Routt to be the Lester Hayes to Nnamdi's Mike Haynes, those are unrealistic expectations in our defensive scheme.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    I didn't. The conversation started when Stan pulled a Cornell Green and cost us a key opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Sure, but don't act like today was one of those days.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    No one on the defense has been getting beaten like that this year. We have the 5th rated pass defense.

Second off, he didn't give up a big play so long as you don't count that early PI. Tate made his 24 yard yard catch on Aso, Williams made his 27 yarder on Huff, and Carlson made his big play against the safeties. Routt gave up a 12 yarder to Tate. That's it.

Not everyone is Asomugha. Routt got beaten once this game and made some stupid penalties. I'll take that. That's acceptable play opposite Nnamdi considering how Routt has played in the past.
    lol.

Nate Washington's 56 yard TD in week 1...who gave it up? Stanford Routt
    Bradford's 17 yarder to bring them back into the game...who gave it up? Stanford Routt

Malcolm Floyd looking like freaking Jerry Rice on us...Who was covering him for the majority of the game? Stanford Routt

These are only the TDs...I didn't feel like going to find all the times he's given up a huge pass or a huge penalty to keep a drive alive.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    He gave up one today. That and the penalties. He's been getting whipped like a red headed step child all year long.
    No one on the defense has been getting beaten like that this year. We have the 5th rated pass defense.

Second off, he didn't give up a big play so long as you don't count that early PI. Tate made his 24 yard yard catch on Aso, Williams made his 27 yarder on Huff, and Carlson made his big play against the safeties. Routt gave up a 12 yarder to Tate. That's it.

Not everyone is Asomugha. Routt got beaten once this game and made some stupid penalties. I'll take that. That's acceptable play opposite Nnamdi considering how Routt has played in the past.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    He gave up one today. That and the penalties. He's been getting whipped like a red headed step child all year long.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    He's not giving up big plays, that's all I really care about.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    I edited.

Not only that but one of his penalties called back a Mike Huff INT. He's not good, and I was defending him last year and the beginning of this one.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    He got beaten by Golden Tate. Wasn't a deep pass, but he was clearly beaten...10 yards at least.
    He got beaten once, he got flagged a couple times, and that's about it. I think it was a really strong performance.

Leave a comment:

• EvilNixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    I mean on which play did Routt get beaten. He didn't give up a single deep pass. The only one that was almost a catch was the one that wound up getting intercepted, and Routt tipped that ball.
    He got beaten by Golden Tate. Wasn't a deep pass, but he was clearly beaten...10 yards at least.

Edit: No it was..Late in the 2nd quarter He got beat by Tate that put them in field goal range that Mare missed.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoidmoonduck
    replied
    Tate caught that pass on the play Nnamdi got hurt.
    I mean on which play did Routt get beaten? He didn't give up a single deep pass. The only one that was almost a catch was the one that wound up getting intercepted, and Routt tipped that ball.
    Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 10-31-2010, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information