Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    What is there to say? Campbell has shown remarkable growth the past three weeks (although two of those weeks were against **** defenses) and even recognizing all that, Gradkowski should still obviously be the starter.

There isn't even a tiny bit of doubt in my mind about that.
    Well he should show growth from his first start with a new team starting a rookie C on the road at the Titans, wouldn't ya say? Why are you so convinced the little street ball player is a better STARTER than Jason Campbell?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
      Campbell is capable of a three game win streak. Campbell can read defenses. Campbell is actually the BETTER scrambler. Campbell can make tough sideline throws with precision. Campbell has a far better completion % and Campbell isn't made out of glass. Let's stop making Grad out to be something he isn't, and that's a starting NFL QB.
      A better scrambler?! Every single week he just stands there and gets sacked. He could have avoided 2-3 of the sacks tonight if he wasn't such a big dummy.

As far as his %; bwahahaha did you seriously just say that. You can't just look at the stat sheet without watching the games. The reason he has a better completion % is because he rarely throws the ball beyond 5 yards. Obviously if you checkdown every friggin time you're gonna complete a lot of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
        No I would not. If Grad did that, I would be criticizing him for playing like ****. But that wasn't Bruce, it was JC who was playing like ****.

Gradkowski has been an average-above average QB for us. He's not great, he has his faults. Having said that, he is still head and shoulders above JC. Campbell was absolutely awful until KC used the prevent defense late. In the three Raider wins, most of his yards were YAC on passes in the flats or totally lucky passes. He made about 3-4 nice throws today, that's it. And I don't know what exactly you're watching to make you think Bruce can't make the same throws. That's just absurd.
        Um, that 1st and 20 to Ford, Grad cannot make. Even some Grad fans have admitted that.

Let's face it, the only reason you guys like Grad is because "he won." Well guess what? Jason just won three in a row. He has more wins than Grad. Furthermore, the last time we saw Grad he looked like utter crap and made some horrible decisions. And please, Jason made more than 3-4 good throws this game. You obviously don't like him, but I think you need to give him his due. He's not Peyton Manning, but neiter is Grad. But now that they line is blocking, we can do MORE on offense with Campbell. Campbell can make the tight throw Grad can't, and, he's better as staying health.

Admit it, you didn't believe he could get it done in this sort of situation and he proved you wrong and everyone else wrong.
        Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

A better scrambler?! Every single week he just stands there and gets sacked. He could have avoided 2-3 of the sacks tonight if he wasn't such a big dummy.

As far as his %; bwahahaha did you seriously just say that. You can't just look at the stat sheet without watching the games. The reason he has a better completion % is because he rarely throws the ball beyond 5 yards. Obviously if you checkdown every friggin time you're gonna complete a lot of those.
          Getting sacks and actually scrambling are two different things. Jason needs to throw the damn ball away instead of running out of bound or getting stacked. And guess what? Grad almost died the last two times he scrambled and tried to play Mr. Tough guy. That's why he is out now. He's NOT a starter, he's a good back up.

Oh, and I believe the man threw the ball more than 5 yards tonight....multiple times.....in the most clutch situations. He makes the plays that are there, not the ones that aren't. I am amazing you would argue with three wins in a row....amazed.

PS: I watch every game, every play and I can tell you all about them.

- Genius

Comment

Um, that 1st and 20 to Ford, Grad cannot make. Even some Grad fans have admitted that.

Let's face it, the only reason you guys like Grad is because "he won." Well guess what? Jason just won three in a row. He has more wins than Grad. Furthermore, the last time we saw Grad he looked like utter crap and made some horrible decisions. And please, Jason made more than 3-4 good throws this game. You obviously don't like him, but I think you need to give him his due. He's not Peyton Manning, but neiter is Grad. But now that they line is blocking, we can do MORE on offense with Campbell. Campbell can make the tight throw Grad can't, and, he's better as staying health.

Admit it, you didn't believe he could get it done in this sort of situation and he proved you wrong and everyone else wrong.
            1st, yes, Grad could probably make that throw.

2nd, no I don't like Grad just because he won. If I only liked a QB when a team won, then I'd be here singing praise for Campbell because the Raiders just won 3 in a row with him behind center. But I'm not doing that because it is clear as day that Bruce is a better QB and the Raiders are winning despite Campbell, not because of him. And no, Campbell did not make more than 3-4 good throws, you obviously just have some kind of man crush on him. Grad can make the tight throws that Campbell throws 10 feet wide or right to a defender, I think you need to give Bruce his due.

The only thing Campbell proved is that he isn't very good at throwing a football. The Raiders won today mostly because of good D, a big ST play, and 3-4 good throws from the QB late in the game. If he was halfway competent, he wouldn't have sucked for 3.5 quarters.

Comment

1st, yes, Grad could probably make that throw.

2nd, no I don't like Grad just because he won. If I only liked a QB when a team won, then I'd be here singing praise for Campbell because the Raiders just won 3 in a row with him behind center. But I'm not doing that because it is clear as day that Bruce is a better QB and the Raiders are winning despite Campbell, not because of him. And no, Campbell did not make more than 3-4 good throws, you obviously just have some kind of man crush on him. Grad can make the tight throws that Campbell throws 10 feet wide or right to a defender, I think you need to give Bruce his due.

The only thing Campbell proved is that he isn't very good at throwing a football. The Raiders won today mostly because of good D, a big ST play, and 3-4 good throws from the QB late in the game. If he was halfway competent, he wouldn't have sucked for 3.5 quarters.
              I have a man crush on Campbell?? LMAO!!! And what do you call your infatuation with the little journeyman who caught lighting in a bottle on his 4th team??? At least I just offered some criticism of Campbell. I have yet to see you do the same regarding Bruce Alrighty.

Look, I can't argue with you on this anymore. You are far too willing to abandon logic and ignore certain evidence that is starting you square in the face. Campbell has a better completion %, more wins, he lead the team to three consecutive victories, a record number of points, a record yardage total, he proved he could be clutch and bring the team from behind and yet it's clear to you that Grad is head and shoulders a better QB even though he can't stay healthy and three other teams sent him packing. Have fun being right!

- Genius

Comment

Getting sacks and actually scrambling are two different things. Jason needs to throw the damn ball away instead of running out of bound or getting stacked. And guess what? Grad almost died the last two times he scrambled and tried to play Mr. Tough guy. That's why he is out now. He's NOT a starter, he's a good back up.

Oh, and I believe the man threw the ball more than 5 yards tonight....multiple times.....in the most clutch situations. He makes the plays that are there, not the ones that aren't. I am amazing you would argue with three wins in a row....amazed.

PS: I watch every game, every play and I can tell you all about them.
                If he was a good scrambler he would be able to avoid more sacks, it's that simple. The only valid point you've made is that Bruce gets hurt a lot, but that's hardly a good reason not to start a guy. Putting the better QB on the bench because you're scared he might get hurt is idiotic.

He did throw the ball more than 5 yards, what's your point? I said he rarely throws beyond 5 yards which he proved again tonight. Maybe you should read a little more carefully before you post.

There are plenty of plays there, and Campbell consistently doesn't make them. I'm amazed you're trying to give Campbell credit for the 3 wins when he was clearly holding us back each and every time.
                Last edited by Stash; 11-07-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I have a man crush on Campbell?? LMAO!!! And what do you call your infatuation with the little journeyman who caught lighting in a bottle on his 4th team??? At least I just offered some criticism of Campbell. I have yet to see you do the same regarding Bruce Alrighty.
                  I've critisized Bruce on several occasions in the past when he was playing. I even said he was just an average-above average QB for us. I can't criticize him now because he didn't play; Campbell did and he sucked except for a few plays late.

Look, I can't argue with you on this anymore. You are far too willing to abandon logic and ignore certain evidence that is starting you square in the face. Campbell has a better completion %, more wins, he lead the team to three consecutive victories, a record number of points, a record yardage total, he proved he could be clutch and bring the team from behind and yet it's clear to you that Grad is head and shoulders a better QB even though he can't stay healthy and three other teams sent him packing. Have fun being right!
                  Me abandon logic? That is absolutely hilarious. In this very paragraph you defy logic left and right. I already told you why Campbell has the better completion % but you're still clinging to it, you're giving him credit for 3 wins and all those points that he had almost nothing to do with. The vast majority of that was DMC + Bush playing like monsters. Campbell just turned and handed them the ball or dumped it to them in the flats. Have fun being wrong!

Comment

If he was a good scrambler he would be able to avoid more sacks, it's that simple. The only valid point you've made is that Bruce gets hurt a lot, but that's hardly a good reason not to start a guy. Putting the better QB on the bench because you're scared he might get hurt is idiotic.

He did throw the ball more than 5 yards, what's your point? I said he rarely throws beyond 5 yards which he proved again tonight. Maybe you should read a little more carefully before you post.

There are plenty of plays there, and Campbell consistently doesn't make them. I'm amazed you're trying to give Campbell credit for the 3 wins when he was clearly holding us back each and every time.
                    Well, this is getting downright silly, but Grad averages 2.6 a rush and Campbell averages 3.6, but I have a feeling you will either explain away or completely ignore this fact as you have the others. You are emotionally attached to Gradkowski because he gave us hope when it appears there was none. His time has passed. We have changed the O-line and some of the young players like Reece and Ford have stepped it up on offense. The defense is playing much better and Jackson has gotten into a Groove. We don't need Grad's wreckless plays anymore. We need boring Jason to run the offense and keep winning and we need Grad to hold on tight to that clipboard and be ready to go. Raider on!

- Genius

Comment

I've critisized Bruce on several occasions in the past when he was playing. I even said he was just an average-above average QB for us. I can't criticize him now because he didn't play; Campbell did and he sucked except for a few plays late.

Me abandon logic? That is absolutely hilarious. In this very paragraph you defy logic left and right. I already told you why Campbell has the better completion % but you're still clinging to it, you're giving him credit for 3 wins and all those points that he had almost nothing to do with. The vast majority of that was DMC + Bush playing like monsters. Campbell just turned and handed them the ball or dumped it to them in the flats. Have fun being wrong!
                      So what?? Where is it written that the wins are less meaningful if the QB doesn't take over the game single handedly? What's wrong with dumping the ball off to a weapon like McFadden? What's wrong with running up the score and moving the ball to 500+ yards of offense? What's wrong with taking what the defense is serving up on a platter? And if you think Jason had little to do with this win, you are delusional in your lovefest for Gradkowski. JC had everything to do with this win. The last time I checked, he threw all 6 of Ford's receptions including the ones to set up each FG to put the game in overtime and win the game in overtime. Now stop, this is embarassing. You would be happy with the win and the division lead as a Raiders fan.

Campbell just turned and handed them the ball or dumped it to them in the flats.

"Just" win, baby!

- Genius

Comment

Well, this is getting downright silly, but Grad averages 2.6 a rush and Campbell averages 3.6, but I have a feeling you will either explain away or completely ignore this fact as you have the others. You are emotionally attached to Gradkowski because he gave us hope when it appears there was none. His time has passed. We have changed the O-line and some of the young players like Reece and Ford have stepped it up on offense. The defense is playing much better and Jackson has gotten into a Groove. We don't need Grad's wreckless plays anymore. We need boring Jason to run the offense and keep winning and we need Grad to hold on tight to that clipboard and be ready to go. Raider on!
                        Averaging a yard more per run doesn't change the fact that Campbell routinely stands in the pocket holding onto the ball far too long when he should be scrambling. Bruce has been guilty of that at times as well, but Campbell does it much more often. You are emotionally attached to Campbell because the Raiders have won 3 games in a row when he started. The defense is playing better, now we need a better QB who can help us win games instead of being liability and forcing everyone else to pick up the slack.

Comment

So what?? Where is it written that the wins are less meaningful if the QB doesn't take over the game single handedly? What's wrong with dumping the ball off to a weapon like McFadden? What's wrong with running up the score and moving the ball to 500+ yards of offense? What's wrong with taking what the defense is serving up on a platter? And if you think Jason had little to do with this win, you are delusional in your lovefest for Gradkowski. JC had everything to do with this win. The last time I checked, he threw all 6 of Ford's receptions including the ones to set up each FG to put the game in overtime and win the game in overtime. Now stop, this is embarassing. You would be happy with the win and the division lead as a Raiders fan.

Campbell just turned and handed them the ball or dumped it to them in the flats.

"Just" win, baby!
                          Nobody has said the wins are less meaningful, I only said Campbell didn't do much to get them. It's a knock on Campbell not the team. Nothing's wrong with dumping the ball to McFaddenn unless it's the only thing you know how to do. Nothing's wrong with 500 yards of offense, I love it, but Campbell didn't have much to do with it. If you think Jason was responsible for this win, you are delusional in your lovefest for him. The fact that the only compliment you have for him is completing 6 passes and 2 field goals says it all. Now stop, this is embarrassing. I am happy with the Raiders win, I just find it silly that you're trying to give the QB credit for it when it was the rest of the team doing most of the work.

It's kind of funny, in most of you're post you basically admitted that Campbell doesn't do much. Thanks for helping me make my point.

Comment

Averaging a yard more per run doesn't change the fact that Campbell routinely stands in the pocket holding onto the ball far too long when he should be scrambling. Bruce has been guilty of that at times as well, but Campbell does it much more often. You are emotionally attached to Campbell because the Raiders have won 3 games in a row when he started. The defense is playing better, now we need a better QB who can help us win games instead of being liability and forcing everyone else to pick up the slack.
                            I actually, I knew Campbell was the better QB years ago. Who didn't know that?

So in your mind, McFadden's career year is a result of "taking up the slack?" Nice. I don't know if you know this or not, but there are 11 men on offense and they are all expected to do their jobs. Maybe not you, but I am estatic to see that the other 10 on offense are doing their jobs.

- Genius

Comment

RC3, is that you? Nvm, this guy appears to be literate, though egregious at times.

From Russell to Campbell, why do some people continue to think these guys are/were good? Or more laughable, that we are better off with them? Seems nonsensical.

Comment

Nobody has said the wins are less meaningful, I only said Campbell didn't do much to get them. It's a knock on Campbell not the team. Nothing's wrong with dumping the ball to McFaddenn unless it's the only thing you know how to do. Nothing's wrong with 500 yards of offense, I love it, but Campbell didn't have much to do with it. If you think Jason was responsible for this win, you are delusional in your lovefest for him. The fact that the only compliment you have for him is completing 6 passes and 2 field goals says it all. Now stop, this is embarrassing. I am happy with the Raiders win, I just find it silly that you're trying to give the QB credit for it when it was the rest of the team doing most of the work.

It's kind of funny, in most of you're post you basically admitted that Campbell doesn't do much. Thanks for helping me make my point.
                                First off, I never said that Campbell was solely responsible for the win, so you can take back the words you just put in my mouth. Secondly, it's you that is saying that Campbell had little to nothing to do with the wins, and there hasn't been a more idiotic statement made in the history of mankind. You obviously didn't see clutch throw after clutch throw in the fourth quarter of tonight's game......oh wait, you did and you bitched about the first three quarters.

I give credit to Campbell for his play on the field. You give credit to Gradkowski for "moving the ball." Oh yeah, he does that all by his lonesome but Campbell does it some other way. That makes perfect sense to a lunatic.

- Genius

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information