Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by 619 View Post
    RC3, is that you? Nvm, this guy appears to be literate, though egregious at times.

    From Russell to Campbell, why do some people continue to think these guys are/were good? Or more laughable, that we are better off with them? Seems nonsensical.
    What exactly is the link between Russell and Campbell as you see it?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

    - Genius

    Comment


    • #62
      So besides enjoying this win there are people arguing over who is better QB really in a week argue about that but now sit back and enjoy the win.
      Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
        What exactly is the link between Russell and Campbell as you see it?
        Easy. The fact that our team has to continually rally and keep their asses in the game, mostly because of their play, or lack thereof. The exception with Campbell being that he's shown he can take advantage of subpar NFL defenses, thus making him a serviceable option at QB. Bruce has a better pocket presence, is willing to push the ball into the intermediate/deep zones of the field, and knows how to get all receivers involved in the game, not just locking onto one receiver. Did I mention accuracy? No I didn't. Yeah, that too. Pretty underrated aspect of a Hue Jackson offense. Campbell is usually spotty, in that regard.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
          Well he should show growth from his first start with a new team starting a rookie C on the road at the Titans, wouldn't ya say? Why are you so convinced the little street ball player is a better STARTER than Jason Campbell?
          Because, historically, he's done a whole lot more with a whole lot less as a Raider, he's earned the right to be the starter going into the Pittsburgh game, the team plays at a much higher tempo with him out there, he's the best leader we have, and he makes the pass attack dangerous in a way Campbell hasn't been able to. That enough for you.

          You can detract from Bruce's physical abilities by calling him a street player, but that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? Bruce Gradkowski is a better quarterback than Campbell, period. I don't care whether he's starting or coming off the bench. I don't tend to say that a guy should start because the guy behind him sure will be awesome when he replaces my starter.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Because, historically, he's done a whole lot more with a whole lot less as a Raider, he's earned the right to be the starter going into the Pittsburgh game, the team plays at a much higher tempo with him out there, he's the best leader we have, and he makes the pass attack dangerous in a way Campbell hasn't been able to. That enough for you.

            You can detract from Bruce's physical abilities by calling him a street player, but that doesn't really mean anything, now does it? Bruce Gradkowski is a better quarterback than Campbell, period. I don't care whether he's starting or coming off the bench. I don't tend to say that a guy should start because the guy behind him sure will be awesome when he replaces my starter.
            Yes, it does mean something and that's why I said it. If you would LISTEN, I am giving him credit for what HE does best, and that's improvise and keep plays alive when the line is not good enough to do so the conventional way. You know, like you draw it up.

            Now that the line IS blocking, the younger players are gaining experience and Jackson has a better sense of what he has on offense, I believe that Campbell is CLEARLY the better QB to execute a play action, deep passing system. Grad plays a little quicker overall, but he can't stay healthy and he can't throw into tight windows. The line is giving Campbell enough time and with that, he's the better QB.

            Grad may have done more with less, but Campbell with do MORE with more.
            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

            - Genius

            Comment


            • #66
              Where did you get this imaginitive sense that Gradkowski can't fit the ball into tight windows? We all here have seen him do it routinely while in action. The only issue I have with Gradkowski, aside from his brittleness, is the tipped balls at the LOS. But I can't really blame him there, because for every one of those plays, he more than makes up for it with his knack for moving the ball and keeping the defense fresh on the sidelines. Something we will continue to need as the games get tighter into November and December.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by 619 View Post
                Where did you get this imaginitive sense that Gradkowski can't fit the ball into tight windows? We all here have seen him do it routinely while in action. The only issue I have with Gradkowski, aside from his brittleness, is the tipped balls at the LOS. But I can't really blame him there, because for every one of those plays, he more than makes up for it with his knack for moving the ball and keeping the defense fresh on the sidelines. Something we will continue to need as the games get tighter into November and December.
                Um, brittleness will keep you out of games. Not being able to be counted on does not equate to being a starter. What makes you think he is a starter and why did 3 other teams give him away?

                As far as throwing into windows, Cambpell has a stronger arm, a better vantage point because of his height and is just better at it.

                By the way, BEFORE thing game, we were leading the NFL in 4th quarter TOP.
                Last edited by Black Bolt; 11-08-2010, 12:12 AM.
                Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

                - Genius

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                  Campbell is capable of a three game win streak. Campbell can read defenses. Campbell is actually the BETTER scrambler. Campbell can make tough sideline throws with precision. Campbell has a far better completion % and Campbell isn't made out of glass. Let's stop making Grad out to be something he isn't, and that's a starting NFL QB.
                  Come on, how can you seriosuly look at todays game and say Jason played well? He was terrible. He almost threw an interception on the play to set up the game tying field goal, he got lucky. And then on the final drive the long pass to Ford was probably his only good throw, but he missed Heyward-Bey horribly on a crossing route, stood there like an idiot in the pocket, threw one horrible interception and kept throwing into double coverage plenty of times during the game. On 33 attempts he threw 229 yards, I mean really.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                    Come on, how can you seriosuly look at todays game and say Jason played well? He was terrible. He almost threw an interception on the play to set up the game tying field goal, he got lucky. And then on the final drive the long pass to Ford was probably his only good throw, but he missed Heyward-Bey horribly on a crossing route, stood there like an idiot in the pocket, threw one horrible interception and kept throwing into double coverage plenty of times during the game. On 33 attempts he threw 229 yards, I mean really.
                    I didn't say he played well for the entire game, did I? On the crossing route, he was HIT by the defender when the threw it. And how can you sit there and claim he only has one good throw for the game? What about the sideline comback routes he hit with perfect timing? HE turned it up when everything counted. I am shocked at how many people want to mess with success.
                    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

                    - Genius

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Campbell played OK today...... got away with a few throws, could've been worse. The throw to Ford was nice, but was one that pretty much any NFL quarterback could have made. A couple of his throws on the sideline were nice too, but that was about it.

                      Consider that the offensive line has been better for JC than for Grad. Grad didn't have Gallery, and Veldheer is now just coming on. He was getting abused when Grad was in the lineup.

                      I honestly believe we would have won in regulation by a touchdown or two if Grad started.

                      I hope we go back to him after the bye. He's the leader this team needs right now.

                      Game ball obviously goes to Jacoby Ford, who made two huge plays.
                      Just play me, baby

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                        Campbell played OK today...... got away with a few throws, could've been worse. The throw to Ford was nice, but was one that pretty much any NFL quarterback could have made. A couple of his throws on the sideline were nice too, but that was about it.

                        Consider that the offensive line has been better for JC than for Grad. Grad didn't have Gallery, and Veldheer is now just coming on. He was getting abused when Grad was in the lineup.

                        I honestly believe we would have won in regulation by a touchdown or two if Grad started.

                        I hope we go back to him after the bye. He's the leader this team needs right now.

                        Game ball obviously goes to Jacoby Ford, who made two huge plays.
                        You and others feel that way, but I don't automatically make that assumption. Grad may or may not have played better- or he might not have finished the game. The thing it, Jason can run the offense more like it's designed to be run. When you consider that and then the durability, he's the bettetr QB NOW as opposed to then. Just MO.
                        Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

                        - Genius

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          If that's the case, that he actually fits what Jackson wants to do much better, than I'm sure Campbell will get the start against Pitt. What I do know is that Cable has been pretty clear that it's Bruce's job when he comes back, so I'm not really sure the coaching staff is as convinced as you seem to be.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Its clear to me after this game that we are the best team in the division, no doubt about it. We were with out our franchise CB, pro bowl TE, starting QB, and 1 starting WR and still could win. Campbell is a good back up but Gradkowski should be the starter against Pittsburgh. We are going to get so many good players back healthy its going to be crazy.

                            All I have to say from here on out, Just Win Baby!!!


                            "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I'd love to believe that, but I'm waiting to see what happens when we face the Chargers without being handed points. That team scares the crap out of me.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                RaiderNation, don't forget the possibility of Schilens returning! That makes two returning starters at receiver, unless you believe that DHB will remain in the starting lineup, which is very probable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information