No announcement yet.

Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still thinking about the way Gradkowski led us to victory against Pittsburgh last year.
    Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      I'd love to believe that, but I'm waiting to see what happens when we face the Chargers without being handed points. That team scares the crap out of me.
      No kidding. They expose the back end of our defense like no other. But McFadden will go off for 150+ rushing, so I'll call the matchup even for now. :)

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
        I'm still thinking about the way Gradkowski led us to victory against Pittsburgh last year.
        What about my boy Murph? He had his own Jacoby-like performance in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
          I actually, I knew Campbell was the better QB years ago. Who didn't know that?

So in your mind, McFadden's career year is a result of "taking up the slack?" Nice. I don't know if you know this or not, but there are 11 men on offense and they are all expected to do their jobs. Maybe not you, but I am estatic to see that the other 10 on offense are doing their jobs.
          McFaddens year is the result of the team giving him the ball and him being healthy. He's been awesome this year and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have these past 3 wins. I don't need to be told there are 11 men on offense, and I like every Raider fan am glad most of them are playing well. I really don't know where you're going with that as I never said anything otherwise. I guess you're still not grasping the fact that Campbell is not one of the guys playing well.

Comment

Im only afraid of the Chargers passing attack. Their running game has been nothing this year and the defense isnt as good as it used too. If we can get pressure like we have been getting the last 3 games we should give Rivers hell

Cant forget about Chaz, if he can get back to his 100% form, we could be really scary on offence.

One thing that made me mad was DHB didnt do **** today. He had a great week last week but had no catches and a drop today. Hopefully he can bounce back

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
              First off, I never said that Campbell was solely responsible for the win, so you can take back the words you just put in my mouth. Secondly, it's you that is saying that Campbell had little to nothing to do with the wins, and there hasn't been a more idiotic statement made in the history of mankind. You obviously didn't see clutch throw after clutch throw in the fourth quarter of tonight's game......oh wait, you did and you bitched about the first three quarters.

I give credit to Campbell for his play on the field. You give credit to Gradkowski for "moving the ball." Oh yeah, he does that all by his lonesome but Campbell does it some other way. That makes perfect sense to a lunatic.
              In your previous pot you did basically admit that Campbell can't take over a game, that he just dumps it off, and can only take opportunities when the D serves it up on a platter. I know I've been saying Campbell has little to do with the wins and the statements you made previously strengthened my point. Lol @ "clutch" throws. You mean the ones against KC's prevent defense?

Nobody said Bruce does anything all by his lonesome. He throws the ball downfield much more consistently and, unlike Campbell, he doesn't need a WR to have 3+ yards of separation to complete a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                If that's the case, that he actually fits what Jackson wants to do much better, than I'm sure Campbell will get the start against Pitt. What I do know is that Cable has been pretty clear that it's Bruce's job when he comes back, so I'm not really sure the coaching staff is as convinced as you seem to be.
                Well, we will have to see how that plays out. Jason was the starter and was pulled after 6 quarters, and it was the right move. It's not the same team now and Jason appears to me to be the better choice. They will have the bye week to make their decision.
                Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  No kidding. They expose the back end of our defense like no other. But McFadden will go off for 150+ rushing, so I'll call the matchup even for now. :)
                  To me, that gives us the advantage if this coaching staff is worth spit. There is no way we should have all those defensive breakdowns. The S have to play honest and the CB have to understand that the Chargers feature downfield WRs and they need to get their head turned much earlier.
                  Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                    In your previous pot you did basically admit that Campbell can't take over a game, that he just dumps it off, and can only take opportunities when the D serves it up on a platter. I know I've been saying Campbell has little to do with the wins and the statements you made previously strengthened my point. Lol @ "clutch" throws. You mean the ones against KC's prevent defense?

Nobody said Bruce does anything all by his lonesome. He throws the ball downfield much more consistently and, unlike Campbell, he doesn't need a WR to have 3+ yards of separation to complete a pass.
                    Sorry, you must be confused. I didn't say he just dumps off balls, you did. The 69 yarder to DHB was anything but a dump off. The last TD pass to Miller was not a dump off. The 74 yarder to Murphy was not a dump off. None of the passes to Ford yesterday were dump offs. And the Chefs D didn't serve anything on a platter. There were defenders in place on all of those plays whether you want to admit it or not. Your bias becomes you.

- Genius

Comment

McFaddens year is the result of the team giving him the ball and him being healthy. He's been awesome this year and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have these past 3 wins. I don't need to be told there are 11 men on offense, and I like every Raider fan am glad most of them are playing well. I really don't know where you're going with that as I never said anything otherwise. I guess you're still not grasping the fact that Campbell is not one of the guys playing well.
                      You are criticizing Campbell for taking what the defense is giving which is known as smart football. You have a problem with that which tells me you have a problem with the fact that our team is winning with Campbell at the helm. I don't know what sort of bias you have against him, but it's disturbing. We are coming off a much needed 3 game win streak, the first since 2002 and you are questioning how we are doing it rather than enjoying the victory. Unbelievable.

- Genius

Comment

Except for the fact that there wasn't 3 yards of separation on most of the throws he made in the clutch yesterday. He fired a ball into triple coverage on 1st and 20 to set up the game tying FG. Live with it.

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                          What about my boy Murph? He had his own Jacoby-like performance in that game.
                          Murphy is so inconsistent. He has the tools, but he isn't a reliable ball catcher or route runner.

- Genius

Comment

Campbell is horrible. Even the long TD to DHB last week was horribly underthrown =/

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

For everyone down on Campbell...

I think you at least need to consider what he accomplished yesterday. First of all, he had to drive the team at the end of regulation AND in an overtime and got the job down. But let's not forget HOW he got it done. The receivers were DHB and Jacoby Ford- not exacty the due of choice. Miller and Murphy, the teams leading receivers, were no available. Also, there were no time outs. Finally, we were put in a bad position because of Veldeer's legit holding call at 1st and 20. Did I mention no time outs? The bottom line is that JC did what people said he couldn't do, and that's get the job done in a 2 minute situation.

Would I like for him to play with more emotion? Yeah. Would he be better served to throw the ball away instead of taking sideline sacks and break his tendancy to throw high? Yes and yes, but here's the thing. Just like Campbell isn't a franchise QB, Grad isn't either. Grad has a losing record as a starter. He's not on the field because of his decisions to scramble and take hits on his frail body rather than slide. What reason do we have to think that this will not happen again? This musical chairs at QB cannot remain an ongoing thing.

- Genius

Comment

Its wierd how on here we are all mostly calling for Gradkowski, while on a official Raiders forum website they think Campbell should continue to start. I support both guys but have more trust in Gradkowski still.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information