No announcement yet.

Week 9 Chiefs @ Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Jackson is doing a great job with the offense. New QB, Rookie LT, No WRs and we are still getting it done.
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
      Hue Jackson is doing a great job with the offense. New QB, Rookie LT, No WRs and we are still getting it done.
      Word. The guy is a mad scientist. I also give him credit for teaching all these plays effectively because the offense seems to know each and every play. We have scored in a multitude of ways with the lack of a legit redzone threat. Jackson has been incredible. I'm not saying he's the long term answer and I'm not saying he will be effective this year. But if Chaz Schillens is able to come back healthy before the year is over, all of a sudden we become that more legit.
      Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

I don't get why everyone is so down on Campbell and calling for Bruce like he is so good he played like *** before he got hurt in the Chargers game Didn't play that well in the Houston game and im putting that nicely should of had at least 4 ints against the Cardinals if there DB's actually new how to catch.

I'm not against him starting but don't act like he would be doing so much better then Campbell right now.
        Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

This QB controversy has literally split our team forum into two. I've never seen anything like this before here. We're usually relatively uniform when it pertains to these kinds of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
            I don't get why everyone is so down on Campbell and calling for Bruce like he is so good he played like *** before he got hurt in the Chargers game Didn't play that well in the Houston game and im putting that nicely should of had at least 4 ints against the Cardinals if there DB's actually new how to catch.

I'm not against him starting but don't act like he would be doing so much better then Campbell right now.
            Wow, thanks for opening the window and allowing some fresh air to rush in!! I can understand someone have a preferrence, but this romanticization of Grad is completely out of control. Objectively, neither one is THAT much better than the other. For me it comes down to what roles they play. IMO, Campbell is BETTER as a starter and Grad is BETTER as a back up. If Grad starts then goes out again with injury, the we are out a starter AND a back up!
            Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              This QB controversy has literally split our team forum into two. I've never seen anything like this before here. We're usually relatively uniform when it pertains to these kinds of issues.
              Everyone has their own opinion. What's the problem if everyone doesn't agree?

- Genius

Comment

I'm not that worried about it. The coaching staff seems to be pretty realistic about getting the guy who's best suited in there now and if a guys struggling they have no problem changing hands mid-game. There's no political attachment to a certain player that we had with Russell.

The passing game will be hugely important against Pitt though, so I hope we put the best guy out there. I personally feel it should be Bruce, but like I said I trust Jackson and Cable to make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Well dude, you can stop feeling sorry for the board. Cable ends the controversy in the manner in I thought he would. Campbell is the starter.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...-misdirection/

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                    Well dude, you can stop feeling sorry for the board. Cable ends the controversy in the manner in I thought he would. Campbell is the starter.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...-misdirection/
                    I was aware. I stand by everything I said. I'm happy for Jason because I can see that he's starting to feel comfortable with his role in our offense, and he's got an overall good ethic to him. Just realize that with him you will experience many peaks and valleys in his play. He's not going to win you games by himself, and so there's much less room for error from the rest of the offense. Starting Campbell was the ballsy decision. We'll see how long this lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      I was aware. I stand by everything I said. I'm happy for Jason because I can see that he's starting to feel comfortable with his role in our offense, and he's got an overall good ethic to him. Just realize that with him you will experience many peaks and valleys in his play. He's not going to win you games by himself, and so there's much less room for error from the rest of the offense. Starting Campbell was the ballsy decision. We'll see how long this lasts.
                      No QB wins games by themselves. He's 4-2 as a starter and over the last three games his TD to INT ratio is 5 to 1. There is little debate as far as I am concerned. It would be a ballsy decision to replace the guy who just help get you three wins in a row. Let's not act like Grad was burning it up this year. He looked horrible in his last couple outings and he doesn't read the blitz well pre snap. Again, the bottom line for me is that he is better than JC coming off the bench and JC is a better starter provided the line is decent.

- Genius

Comment

• I don't really believe in the idea of someone being better off the bench. This is pro football, there are no relief quarterbacks. You start the best guy and plan on him finishing a game.

That said, if Campbell can work the ball down-field reliably, I'm more than happy for him to get the start. We need someone who will take risks against that Pitt defense or the running game will get no room at all.

Comment

• Cable likes Bruce - so I reckon if Campbell plays poorly this week and we lose, it'll be Grad's job again.
                          Just play me, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            I don't really believe in the idea of someone being better off the bench. This is pro football, there are no relief quarterbacks. You start the best guy and plan on him finishing a game.

That said, if Campbell can work the ball down-field reliably, I'm more than happy for him to get the start. We need someone who will take risks against that Pitt defense or the running game will get no room at all.
                            Sure there are, unless you consider Charlie Batch a starting QB. The point you are either missing or ignoring is that Gradkowski cannot stay healthy, and when you can't be relied upon to be on the field, you can't be considered a full time starter.

- Genius

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                              Sure there are, unless you consider Charlie Batch a starting QB. The point you are either missing or ignoring is that Gradkowski cannot stay healthy, and when you can't be relied upon to be on the field, you can't be considered a full time starter.
                              It's good to have a good backup in case, but that's not a "relief" quarterback. If you say Campbell is a better starter and that Bruce is better off the bench, that's a very odd statement. One is the better quarterback when on the field, no matter whether they start the game or come into it mid-way. This isn't baseball, there are no closers.

If Bruce is not healthy for the Pittsburgh game, then it's a no-brainer. It didn't seem that his shoulder was healthy even when he was playing early in the season, so I would support giving him as much time he needs to really be healthy. But there's a difference between saying he cannot be healthy and he has not been healthy. Bruce has not been healthy, but there's no evidence that would be properly sufficient to say that he can never been healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                                Where's that coming from? Gradkowski has only been injured twice, and they probably rushed him back the first time. He does need to learn how to slide though, or he will continue to get injured.
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information