No announcement yet.

Week 11 Raiders @ Steelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Cable didn't see how vastly different the team looked with Bruce in, he's effing crazy.

He should have pulled him earlier when the game was still within reach at 14-3 and Campbell not doing anything.

Wonder where Black Bolt is?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Al's ego will piss away a playoff opportunity this year. I still maintain that with Campbell at the helm we are no better than a .500 ball club.

Comment

Pretty wierd game, good show though anyway people. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

You have to think Al's calling the shots here. Cable only suddenly changed his view on Campbell after the Chiefs game, and the fact that he put Bruce in shows he's not too confident in Campbell's ability to get the job done. I think this is probably Al pulling the strings.

I can picture it now, "Tom, I know you did not want to start Jason Campbell. Get over it. Jason is a great player."
          Last edited by NotRickJames; 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM.
          Just play me, baby

Comment

And that's why I respected Kiffin. I'm not too fond of these puppet acts.

Comment

It's not like Gradkowski was a revelation, but it's hard to deny that Oakland's passing attack is way more effective play-to-play with Bruce in there. Campbell doesn't do the 10-25 yard passes very well at all and he's glacially slow making decisions.

Bruce really really should start the rest of the season. Looking ahead to next season though, Oakland needs a real quarterback. I have no idea where they're going to get one, but it needs to happen. Al supports his guy to the end, but he needs to bring in a good guy so the team doesn't become inflexible when his guy needs to be replaced. Campbell kinda sucks and Bruce sucks less.

Pitt was a tall order because without the run game Oakland falls to pieces, but this season is far from over. We can still make the playoffs and I'd really like to avoid missing the chance because Al wants Campbell to prove him right.

Comment

Maybe Locker falls to the 2nd or late first and we flip Nnamdi for the pick...

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  It's not like Gradkowski was a revelation, but it's hard to deny that Oakland's passing attack is way more effective play-to-play with Bruce in there. Campbell doesn't do the 10-25 yard passes very well at all and he's glacially slow making decisions.

Bruce really really should start the rest of the season. Looking ahead to next season though, Oakland needs a real quarterback. I have no idea where they're going to get one, but it needs to happen. Al supports his guy to the end, but he needs to bring in a good guy so the team doesn't become inflexible when his guy needs to be replaced. Campbell kinda sucks and Bruce sucks less.

Pitt was a tall order because without the run game Oakland falls to pieces, but this season is far from over. We can still make the playoffs and I'd really like to avoid missing the chance because Al wants Campbell to prove him right.
                  Ya, very important to note that we're still in a great position to win the division. This talk about the 'sky is falling' isn't true. I didn't except us to win in Pittsburgh anyway, we're not there yet (although I thought we'd compete, not get destroyed).

Bruce is easily the better option right now. Tough for me to admit because I love the guy, but probably not the long-term answer. He's our best option right now.

I expect Campbell to play well against the Dolphins. The running game should roll and Campbell will benefit from that, and that he's not facing a great defense. Wake might be an issue though.
                  Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information