This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 OAK Draft Discussion

I love Jack Kirkpatrick of TCU. I see him as a prototype C. Anyone thing that UNC's Greg Little would be a good 2nd round pick? Too high? And Mike Pouncey should be available as a OG now that he has proven he is not a C.
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.
    Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
      I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.
      Ultimately, I think BC takes the RT job. I can see him playing OG, but with his long arms and atheticism, he's a OT. We would be better served filling both C and RG long term as we have a OT.
      Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

I think C is our biggest need as of now and maybe RT/RG depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell long term. Also CB needs to be addressed and I could see us drafting a DT early too to get younger

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I agree with Center that should be #1
          Looks like Cable wants Campbell to play RG I bet he could play RT.. If they keep him at RG then RT is a need
          This team needs a vet WR
          CB and OLB

Comment

2011 OAK Draft Discussion

Discuss team needs, and players that are rising on your boards ...

As of now.. OL,DL,WLB,CB and QB are main needs

O'Dowd is pretty much top of the list with guys like Pouncey,Wisniewski right with him. Maybe Robert Quinn falls to us! Epic. Jerrelle Powe?
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

C, RG/RT, CB, OLB, DL, QB. Those are all the needs I think we could address. Maybe add in a 3rd TE but I vet could be signed for that. Wisniewski and O'Dowd are the guys I want to target at C. I think Pouncey is more of a OG. Maybe a guy like Marcus Cannon would work for us at RG/RT depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell.

Of course I fully support drafting Cameron Newton if there. Could step in and be a weapon in a wildcat formation day 1 and eventually be our starter 2 years down the road with Hue Jackson coaching him up
              Last edited by RaiderNation; 11-18-2010, 08:11 PM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Yeah I like the idea of going OL first depending on who is there maybe even John Moffit from Wisconsin who I like. If Cam is the best QB available there which we probably will be I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the trigger, would rather get him in the 3rd but doubt that he falls.
                Coples is that dude.

Comment

Center
                  Right Tackle

I think should be the top needs.

Raiders need to bring in a vet WR

I'm not sure where to rank OLB. Marshall likes to use Mike Mitchell at that spot. Most of the time Oak is in their nickle defense to begin with. I don't see them drafting a LB early in the draft.

QB is def a possibility

NT

Comment

I'm hoping its O'Dowd or Wisneiwski in the 2nd but I think Jake Locker is the darkhorse canidate.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

If Locker is there in the 2nd.. I wouldn't hesitate tbh. He hasn't had the greatest year but Washington blows. Then in the 3rd get somebody like John Moffitt from Wisconsin to play guard.
                      Coples is that dude.

Comment

What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
                          What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?
                          I don't really know much about him aside from him going to Delaware.. on wiki it says he was a PSU transfer has good size for a QB not great size. I like a couple guys ahead of him like Foles and Stanzi but if he is there in the 4th.. sure.
                          Coples is that dude.

Comment

Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.
                            Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Al Davis will fall for Newton or Mallet. Both are his type of QBs and its pretty clear this team isn't going to playoffs with its current QB situation.
                              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information