Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 OAK Draft Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
    Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

    We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.
    What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
      Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

      We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.
      Clearly if we had a first I wouldn't risk it.. a 2nd is more worth it. However, depending on what is left on the board like Carimi? Pouncey? Sherrod.. even O'Dowd, I would rather have us go that way. If Cam is still there in the 3rd then I like it more of course.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

      Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

      Comment


      • #18
        O'Dowd and Pouncey (as a guard) are the two guys that I'd love for us to target in the second round.

        Comment


        • #19
          2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
          A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

          3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
          Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

          4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
          We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.


          "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

          Comment


          • #20
            Just say no to Cam Newton.

            I'd rather have Enderle in a later round, or Locker if he plummets to us round two.

            You bring up an interesting point though. On one hand, Newton screams Al Davis draft pick. On the other hand, drafting him would pretty much signify Al's given up on Campbell - and I doubt Al is going to give up on him just after this season.
            Just play me, baby

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
              2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
              A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

              3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
              Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

              4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
              We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.
              I mean it isn't a bad draft tbh.. but I would still go line first. Moffitt is a grader on the inside and CB depth is also a potential need depending on how Ware and Walter work out. O and Locker won't fall to us, I didn't see Clausen dropping last year but he did. Locker in round 2 is hard to imagine but if so Id be pretty happy, as long as we go OL in the 3rd or 4th.

              Edit- And if you guys had to choose between Ponder or Kerrigan who would it be? 2nd round of course
              Last edited by thenewfeature06; 11-23-2010, 07:13 PM.
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

              Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.
                I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

                But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
                Chaz-Always hurt
                Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
                DHB-nuff said
                Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
                  I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

                  But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
                  Chaz-Always hurt
                  Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
                  DHB-nuff said
                  I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                  Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Newton go in the top 10..Too much talent and the production to match.

                    Obviously O-line is a huge issue. C/RG/RT need upgrades.

                    CB depth is big too


                    mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                    Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                      I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.
                      That's it it's all words and storys with DHB never production on the field with him besides the Seattle game,And quit frankly getting really tired of him too.In the perfect world Floyd would fall but very unlikely Oakland best choice would most likely be FA Moss,Holmes,Sims-Walker,Driver,Jones,Edwards,Breaston,Malcolm Floyd,Naanee,Clayton.

                      Not all of them will hit the market but a handfull of them will and will be a excellent pick
                      Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I would do dirty things for us to draft Ronald Johnson in the third round. I think there's a good possibility he'll be there, too. He has that deep speed that we can't get enough of. I also wouldn't mind a bigger target like Terrance Tolliver and Austin Pettis. The team is looking to infuse young players from "winning" backgrounds, and based on their teams' successes this season, the latter two players appear to fit that mantra. Pettis, in particular, is a team captain and special teams ace, which can only add to his value in our coaching staff's eyes. At the end of the day we'll see if something like that would be enough to sway from Al's comfort zone.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I hope we take either DT or O-line in the 2nd, whichever one has the BPA and then take the other in the 3rd. Those have been our biggest problems for years. Even with Seymour and Kelly playing well right now, we need some youth at DT. Other than that, I hope we target a CB and an OLB for depth.

                          I really hope we stay away from Newton/Locker types. They are guys with all the physical tools but look like projects at the next level. I also don't think we need to draft a WR. Our current core hasn't produced much lately, but just remember Campbell has been the QB for the vast majority of that time and he rarely throws the ball to his WR's. The last time Bruce was healthy and starting, the WR's looked pretty good. Maybe sign a solid vet, but I don't think it needs to be one of the big names.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Whether we like it or not, Al will draft a receiver in the first four rounds of this draft. It's not a matter of if, but who?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              It will be Greg "Thug" Little... lol no but seriously I think he CAN be good but not sure if he has the mental toughness to play in the NFL.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                              Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                If Locker or Newton is there, we have to pull the trigger. we have nothing to look forward to at QB. I, like everyone here, loves Bruce, but he can't stay healthy. If we can get some guy with a bright future and let him sit behind Bruce and Campbell, maybe after next year we have our franchise QB and the rebuilding process is nearly complete.


                                mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                                Originally posted by scottyboy
                                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information