Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where we probably have to take two steps back to take one giant leap forward as a franchise. Drafting a dual-threat QB in the mold of Newton or Locker (one of which you suggested might be available in the latter portion of the first round) would be most ideal. I'm really liking Foles, though. He's got a quick release, reminiscent of a Philip Rivers. The prospects of him being available actually has me really excited.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Cam Newton - please no. Project player with horrible mechanics. Needs serious work. I'd take Mallet, Enderle, Devlin (in a later round) or even Locker over him.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.
          We need someone who can do work outside the pocket, because the interior of our line is dog ****. Where are we going to find these upgrades, besides investing in high draft picks? It's not an issue that is practical to fix this offseason. It'll probably take an offseason or two, perhaps as well as the possibility of a coaching change, to feasibly address the issue(s).

Comment

I believe if Cable gets the axe and Hue takes over you will see Campbell move back to his more natural position in OT.I dont care if we get our qb threw the draft,fa,or a trade we just need one bad.I would love to get Orton if the Broncos are stupid enough to let him go and then focus on the offense line with a new center and maybe a wr
            Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Orten, Palmer, Kolb or McNabb are all QB's that are starting caliber that can be on the move this off season

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.

Comment

PHI fans don't seem to be high on him....I'm definitely intrigued though.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                  like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.
                    I'm not convinced of any of that middle sentence (besides the mobility part), but that's not because he's been terrible, just because what we've seen of him has been really inconclusive.

By the way, Kolb isn't set to hit the open market. He's signed through 2011 and considering he cost Philly $10+ million to sit on the bench this year, they're not going to trade him for cheap. Would he be worth trading our 2nd pick + more? I'm not so sure.

I'd rather go after a QB that could have a lower asking price (Fitzgerald?) or throw money at a QB on the open market (Orton?) than risk a bunch on Kolb. If someone like Hue Jackson was sold, I'd likely get on board rather quickly.

Let's stop talking about getting a QB while assuming no improvement to the offensive line will happen. Oakland was apparently closely considering interior o-line with their 1st round pick last April and the need hasn't alleviated at all. I'd be shocked if a move isn't made to help that offensive line.

Comment

Kolb has the most potential to be a star for us, instead of the other options who are more on the downside of their careers.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Another QB that hasnt be mentioned is Jimmy Clausen. Carolina has the 1st pick right now and it would seem to much for them to pass on Luck. So we could get Clausen on the cheap for maybe a 4th round pick

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

No way Carolina takes a two round drop on Clausen's value after just his rookie year. I know this seems dramatic, but QB's are expensive. Kolb would cost us the value of a 1st round pick and Clausen would at least cost the value of a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Clausen would be decent if he could learn to put some velocity on his throws....oh so many tipped passes.
                            Just play me, baby

Comment

For the oline, I think we are close to have a real solid 5 guys. Veldheer and Gallery have played very good this year next to each other, and Langston Walker too has been a surprise to me. C is a must in the 2nd unless a QB drops to us, and I think we can replace Carlisle in F/A. Maybe even see what Bruce Campbell can do before? Id love to see him get a few starts here at the end of the year at RG and RT. See what the kid can do after a season to learn

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Ya, it's Bruce Campbell time. He's got talent and he can't be worse than Carlisle.

WR needs to be addressed this off-season, but I'd much rather go get a proven vet than another young receiver. God bless Chaz, but I'm done waiting on him. If he can get his stuff together, great - but I'm not holding out on addressing the position just because it might finally be his year.

I'd love to get Malcolm Floyd if the Chargers can't get him re-signed.
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information