Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if with Hue or Harbaugh Al would be okay with staying a bit more in the shadows. Anyone either then those two and Al is goona call the shots.

Comment

I think its ok to rule out Harbaugh now. He is either going to Miami, back to Stanford or slight chance to Denver. Hue is the only guy that makes sense now

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Yeah just saw that Habaugh has reportedly signed with the Dolphins. This now just means we will have more teams looking at Hue. We have to do all we can to keep him.

Comment

Harbaugh to the 9ers, still no word of Hue Jackson coming back.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

I think this will mean Hue will def be back. The 9ers were the only team that I know of that were interviewing Hue so hopefully we get a deal done before someone else becomes interested.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
              Routt's more valuable than Bush.

Not really, with how flimsy McFadden is.. (hasn't got real banged up this year) but having Bush is big especially since he complements DMAC really well. I still like this years CB class as of now, but more so at the top but I do think in the 3rd or 4th there will be a decent CB out there, maybe one of the Browns from Texas. Kendric Burney could be available too.
              Last edited by thenewfeature06; 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM.
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.
                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                  These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.
                  This is true.. I would be pretty surprised if those guys were available in that range. Teams that could draft a Q would be Carolina, Denver maybe, Buffalo, Zona and SF. O and probably Minny and Tennessee. You got the right idea though I would be willing to trade if Cam or Mallett was there. If not then OL is the position to take unless maybe Floyd or Aaron Williams is there.
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                    Originally posted by TitanHope
                    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                        Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.
                        Im thinking best valued OL in the 2nd is the best idea. Maybe draft a C/RG with the 2nd and sign a F/A for the other.

Do you guys think DE is a need at all? Scott torn up his knee and we could be in need of a pass rusher. We could add a guy who can play like Derrick Burgess who would only come in on passing situations. Maybe even in the 3rd round. Could try to coach him up to be a OLB like Wimbley eventually as well. Dontay Moch could be the guy we would target. Super productive with 30 career sacks. Will run a very fast 40 time which will catch Al's eye. At 245, he would only be asked to rush the passer so gaining weight wont be a huge need. Even though he likely will just to get stronger.

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC
                        3rd Dontay Moch Nevada Pass Rusher/OLB
                        4th Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
                        5th Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
                        6th Mike Blanc DT Auburn
                        7th Special Teamer

Didnt we draft all Seniors last year except for McClain? ALl those guys has experience and could make a impact early. O'Dowd is a upgrade over Satele no doubt, even though I would keep Satele as a back up. Moch would be our situational pass rusher like I said before. Andrew Jackson is a underrate OG IMO, and would be a nice pick in the 4th. Could be a contender with Bruce Campbell or others at RG. Kaepernick would be our project behind Jason Campbell. Has very good size and athleticism, Hue (I think?) would coach him up like Palmer and Flacco for this year or longer. Blanc could be developed into a rotational DT, and we always seem to add special teamers in the late rounds.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Also I think this deserves its own thread. If we do indeed hire Hue Jackson as the HC, do you think hiring a guy like Josh McDaniels to be our passing game cordinator would be smart. Hue still is the play caller and controls the offence, while McDaniels can help Campbell and other improve the pass game. He also made average WR's look good so hopefully Ford and Murphy would step there games up. McDaniels could be a decent fall back option as the HC after Jackson, just dont give him the player control please.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.
                            My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                              Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.
                              I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                Anybody else think that with Cable gone, Al will likely be drafting again?
                                I'd say that's a given. One draft filled with smart, team leader types under Cable's influence. Now, back to stopwatches and perceived potential. Just lovely.

Al's not going to back off his Plunkett comparison so soon. Campbell gets at least another year before Al even considers looking for his replacement, imo.

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                                Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.
                                If Gallery wants to leave, there won't be much the team can do about it other than offer to overpay him. Unless there's some tricky **** in the new CBA (if there is one), Gallery's future with this team is entirely in his hands.

Walker did pretty well, for the most part. There were a few "Oh good lord..." moments here and there, but he was pretty steady more often than not. Definitely upgradeable. But, if Gallery bolts and Carlisle is allowed to walk, upgrading at RT should be the least of their worries.

Al was reportedly pissed off that Bruce Campbell didn't get on the field. He spent the entire year working on becoming a RG. That's where Cable apparently wanted him. Where does Al want him? If the answer is RT, that could be a problem. You're now asking someone who's a little slow in the head to learn yet another position. From LT in '09 to RG in 2010, and then to RT in 2011? One can only hope that he's allowed to stay inside, or that whoever is coaching the OL next year can really get this guy to be something other than an oversized athlete. I don't expect much. But, what I know is that Al is going to want his athlete on the field somewhere. So, as much as we like to say the team needs a RG and RT, you can bank on Al believing Campbell already addresses one of those.
                                My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information