This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.
    San Fran wanted to interview him for the HC job, reportedly. He snubbed them. He'll absolutely get an OC job somewhere. He's too good in that role for a team to give a damn about a Spygate sequel.
    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• As for DE, yeah. I'd look to add a DE and DT. As stated, Scott's knee is all jacked up. Wimbley is a free agent who may or may not come back. That's your top two pure pass rushers who could be either playing at under 100% or playing in another uniform.

If Seymour bails, you almost have to kick Houston inside (where he looked really good late in the season) leaving Matty Shags as your only true DE.

I wasn't terribly impressed with Des Bryant on a game to game basis, and Jarvis Moss is an abomination.

I would absolutely be in the market for a DE. Maybe even as early as Rd2, depending on what sort of value is on the board.
      My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

• They won't franchise tag Nnamdi because his contract was voided....He might be gone.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• This offseason is going to be the biggest for this franchise in a while. Coming off the brink of a near playoff birth I believe we just needed a few more key parts to challenge for the division. What sucks is a lot of those key players from 2010 might be gone when 2011 comes around.

Heres a list of all the FA's the Raiders have this offseason:

Unrestricted FAs

21 Nnamdi Asomugha CB
          69 Khalif Barnes OT
          32 Michael Bennett RB
          7 Kyle Boller QB
          57 Ricky Brown ILB
          25 Rock Cartwright RB
          59 Jon Condo LS
          31 Hiram Eugene FS
          3 Charlie Frye QB
          76 Robert Gallery G
          5 Bruce Gradkowski QB
          79 John Henderson DT
          75 Mario Henderson OT
          15 Johnnie Lee Higgins WR
          53 Thomas Howard OLB
          24 Michael Huff FS
          60 Daniel Loper G
          80 Zach Miller TE
          94 Jarvis Moss DE
          13 J. T. O'Sullivan QB
          26 Stanford Routt CB
          64 Samson Satele C
          92 Richard Seymour DT
          70 Langston Walker OT
          54 Sam Williams OLB
          96 Kamerion Wimbley OLB

Restricted FAs

29 Michael Bush RB

Exclusive-Rights FAs

90 Desmond Bryant DT
          58 Bruce Davis OLB
          89 Nick Miller WR
          45 Marcel Reece FB

Now add this on top of hiring a new coach and this offseason is looking like a crucial and expensive one for the Silver & Black.

Comment

• That's a lot of unrestricted FA's, there's at least 8 guys on there that we must keep.

Comment

• If Nnamdi isnt brought back its a lock that we draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Al loves DB's and values them higher than alot other positions.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                  sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(
                  Andrew Luck? :)

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
                    Just play me, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                      Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
                      Routt is also a FA, so it's possible we lose both he and Aso.

Comment

• http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players...ntay-Moch.html

Let's just go ahead and talk about our third round pick...

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                          Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
                          Jimmy Smith is going to be a really good CB IMO, similar type guy to Nnamdi. 6'2 205lbs sub 4.5 speed, only thrown at 13 times his JR and SR year. He might end up being a 1st, but at this point he is probably a 2nd. Another option is Brandon Burton from Utah in the 2nd.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Some positive news on the Nnamdi front:

"Good Chance Nnamdi is Back"

That's the word from Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was in Bristol on Friday and made several appearances on ESPN and ESPN Radio. He didn't say much, until his third or fourth interview of the day, on SportsCenter.

He was asked if he thought he would be back in Oakland next season:

"There's a chance, there's a good chance," Asomugha said. "It's funny because I've been doing interviews all day and I hear a lot of people saying, 'No longer an Oakland Raider,' 'You are not a ...' but anything could happen at this point.

"When you go into free agency and have options, any team is up for you to be on -- and the Raiders, obviously with me having been there for so long, have a great shot at it."

Does he want to come back?

"I would love to be back," Asomugha said, "but I do have options so we'll have to see what happens."

Asomugha said he wasn't aware that his contract was getting voided -- a $16.8 million option shredded because he didn't meet easy-to-meet incentives in an injury-plagued year -- until after the season was over.

"As the end of the season approached, not aware at all," he said. "Because we had a chance to be in the playoffs and we're playing football games. When you're in that type of situation, you're never really thinking about what's going on with your contract and what's going to happen after the season.

"So, once the season ended, that's when it kind of hit."

Comment

• Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                                Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.
                                Id rate Bush over Routt IMO, or is the RFA rule still going to work? If it does and a team signs him to a 2nd or 3rd round comp type deal I would be so happy. Our last few drafts in those rounds have been real solid

2010: 2nd LaMarr Houston DL, 3rd Jared Veldheer OT
                                2009: 2nd Mike Michell DB, 3rd Matt Shaughnessy DE
                                2008: None
                                2007: 2nd Zach Miller, our 3rd round was horrible this year(Henderson, Moses are busts and JLH had 1 good season as a returner. Atleast we got Bush here)

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information