No announcement yet.

Raiders make offer for McCown? (Lions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this McCown trade talk includes Randy Moss. That'd be sweet if we could some how get their 2nd Rd pick in this deal. That way we can take CJ first overall and take a QB with the 2nd rd pick that we acquire from Detroit (Drew Stanton or Trent Edwards). WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.

Comment

Who in Raiderland is so head over heels for this kid? Think maybe Kiffin has seen alot of him and really likes him?

Comment

If the Raiders make this deal it would certainly confuse matters. Its obviously gonna be CJ or Russell, but a move like adding McCown which doesnt really adress the QB position but makes it a less pressing need would certainly make it a lot harder to figure out who theyre taking.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
          If the Raiders make this deal it would certainly confuse matters. Its obviously gonna be CJ or Russell, but a move like adding McCown which doesnt really adress the QB position but makes it a less pressing need would certainly make it a lot harder to figure out who theyre taking.
          Short of taking Russell or Quinn, it's going to be confusing. Let's say we trade for McCown and draft an Edwards/Kolb/Stanton.

Walter, McCown and the rook would all pretty much be on equal ground, and battle for the starting job. What a great notion! Let the best man win. But as soon as that winner falters, everyone is going to start yelling for the other guy, whoever that is.

Having 3 guys means we have no guys. And with nothing major invested in any of them, it's easy for fans to lose patience, whereas with a high pick, people are more patient. It's just the way it is.

And after next year, we still won't know who our QB of the future is, and some people will think it's this guy or that guy, and some will want Brohm. But the anti-Brohm folks will say, "Well, if we were gonna draft one, we shoulda just drafted Russell last year."

Just draft the dang QB now, and build around him. Russell or Quinn, whoever they like.

Comment

I'd rather have Brohm than Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
              I'd rather have Brohm than Russell.
              I have to agree i wish brohm cam out so we could grab him now he reminds me of palmer.

Comment

im telling you, McCown & MWilliams for the raiders 2nd round, maybe 3/4 combo? gives you a starting veteran QB (doesnt matter whether or not you like him, he is there only to mentor/provide schooling for Russell), and another WR for russell to throw to. AL isnt worried about MW's weight, so he will be motivated to play. you still get russell, give up your 2nd rounder, big whoop, since you picked up 2 players for it anyhows.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
                  im telling you, McCown & MWilliams for the raiders 2nd round, maybe 3/4 combo? gives you a starting veteran QB (doesnt matter whether or not you like him, he is there only to mentor/provide schooling for Russell), and another WR for russell to throw to. AL isnt worried about MW's weight, so he will be motivated to play. you still get russell, give up your 2nd rounder, big whoop, since you picked up 2 players for it anyhows.
                  If you think Al Davis would trade his 2nd rounder for a overweight bust and a career backup, you have brain damage. Al Davis is a lot of things, but he isn't a fool.

Comment

This isn't Madden.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
                      They are talking about a 4th or 5th round pick.

Williams couldn't get traded for bread mold right now, what are you talking about?

Comment

That was seriously the worst trade scenario I have ever heard, you must be a Lions fan or you are just mental.

Comment

Raiderfans only no Lions guys here. What would offer in compensation for the Package of McCown & MWilliams. In the latest Mock I did I gave the Lions our 4th stright up for both. I think Kiffen could offer MWilliams alot of good motivation and Kiifen Coached Williams if I am not mistaken a few years ago so they have some histroy.

Its not hard for a pro athlete to loose 10 to 20 lbs can be done in 2 to 3 weeks. MWilliams is a very talented WR if he is used right Mike Martz does not know how to use him Kiffen does. Martz is a sytem type guy that inherited MWilliams and did not try to change him to fit Martzs system and MWilliams went down hill in the hte Lions orgaenaztion form there. Rember AL
                          Like Mike WIllams a few years ago and Al Like to Redeem players so there is a small chance we might go for him.

Comment

We just do not need a WR. We have Moss, Porter, Curry, and Gabriel; why would we want MWilliams?? The only way I want a WR is if we trade Moss and draft CJ.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information