No announcement yet.

Raiders make offer for McCown? (Lions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders make offer for McCown? (Lions)

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=631540&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2 f%2flions.scout.com%2f2%2f631540.html

So here's the dilemma: the Lions are entertaining an offer by Oakland for quarterback Josh McCown. While the exchange could be sweet, Detroit might severely compromise its draft position -- or open it up.
    I found this interesting but I don't have a subscription.

Unless the Raiders absolutely blow the Lions away with a deal, I don't think they should do it.. You guys would be able to take CJ #1, no question.. which hurts our trade down possibilities.. If we manage to trade #2 before we trade you guys McCown, i'm all for it though.

Comment

McCown is a third stringer.Swaping first round picks shouldnt even be talked about.Day two pick is alright with me I guess.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

hopefully its a 5th or 6th. id be really pissed if it was a 4th

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

McCown isn't worth old newspaper...this would be a ******** trade for us to make. I haven't even looked at the deal at all, but if we give them anything for McCown it's a bad deal for us.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

You guys are severely underrating Josh McCown, the guy is a VERY good QB and he's also very athletic. If I were Detroit I wouldnt trade him.

Comment

If Oakland trades for McCown then the top of this draft gets twice as hard to predict. (does oakland still take Russell or do they get CJ, and if so where does Randy Moss go)

Comment

Dammit, looks like Kirwin was right.

Comment

McCown is a backup, I still think Russell would be the pick.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

That'll fix their problems???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                      McCown is a backup, I still think Russell would be the pick.
                      I totally agree. If JaMarcus is indeed the pick, He most likely won't start from the beginning. It would be McCown or Walter starting until Russell is ready.

Comment

This just seems unneccessary, we dont need to mess around with draft picks when we can just sign someone.

Comment

Yah this doesn't make sense to me at all. Walter is fine as a backup QB. McCown isn't the answer at starting QB [the Raiders have to know this], but he does add depth if we get him for cheap.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I like Josh a lot more than most and I love CJ and Russell so I'm torn on what we should do.
                            Love those who love you but don't let love f*ck up your vision. How much love did your loved ones have when you were broke or doing time in prison? RIP MAC DRE

Comment

Why the hell are we wasting time trying to acquire McCown? We should be trying to get Green instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information