Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you do this draft day trade with tampa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you do this draft day trade with tampa?

We pick Calvin at#1 we then trade him too Tampa for Joe Thomas, Jason hill chirs simms and next seasons third.

No way, this franchise needs a franchise player. Thomas will probably be very good, but the Raiders need a true offensive difference maker like Calvin Johnson or Jamarcus Russell or even Brady Quinn could be.

Chris Sims is not more than an average starter and he is not the solution.

We need to land a real stud this year to get out of that crap.

Comment

I would rather get Simms than either QB.I like him as a starter.Not to mention hes less of an investment.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

rather just keep CJ

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

No possible wat the Bucs' would go with the trade. I know they are in love wit CJ but that is alot.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
            No possible wat the Bucs' would go with the trade. I know they are in love wit CJ but that is alot.

Look at the #1 picks that have beem traded in the past its alot to get the #1 dude.

Comment

Rizz ?

Joe Thomas wtf

come on Rizz
              I need to get friends signed up on Lockerz.com to get more points. Costs you nothing. PM me email addy for invite.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation420 View Post
                Rizz ?

Joe Thomas wtf

come on Rizz
                we do need a LT bro you on rf.net??

Comment

Joe Thomas reminds me of Robert Gallery, no way we pass on talent like Russell or Johnson for another OT.
                  Taking a Knapp.

Comment

So the Bucs would give #4 overall, their 3rd rounders this year and next year, and Chris Simms for CJ. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm not sure that Gruden is ready to give up on Simms yet. I think TB is going into this draft willing to accept the fact that CJ may not be available at 4 and they aren't going to do anything drastic to get him. Although, this is a more reasonable trade than some that I've seen on the Lions board.

In the end I don't think there is any way TB trades with Oakland because I don't think Oakland would accept this deal and TB wouldn't give up more than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
                      So the Bucs would give #4 overall, their 3rd rounders this year and next year, and Chris Simms for CJ. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm not sure that Gruden is ready to give up on Simms yet. I think TB is going into this draft willing to accept the fact that CJ may not be available at 4 and they aren't going to do anything drastic to get him. Although, this is a more reasonable trade than some that I've seen on the Lions board.

In the end I don't think there is any way TB trades with Oakland because I don't think Oakland would accept this deal and TB wouldn't give up more than this.
                      why did they bring in two QBs this offseason if simms isnt done? CJ will be taken by us like all the BPA usually are taken at #1 unless your the texans in 02 and you dont take peppers or unless your the texans last season and you dont take bush. Look at the trades in the past dude it takes alot to get the#1 player.

Comment

I wouldn't do it, cuz we don't need another lineman in the first riund. It's kinda hard to pass up on a guy like CJ.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
                          why did they bring in two QBs this offseason if simms isnt done? CJ will be taken by us like all the BPA usually are taken at #1 unless your the texans in 02 and you dont take peppers or unless your the texans last season and you dont take bush. Look at the trades in the past dude it takes alot to get the#1 player.
                          I know it takes a lot to move up to #1, dude. Taking that into account, my point was that I don't think a trade between Oakland and the Bucs will take place. Simms may be done, but I still believe he has more value to the Bucs than to Oakland because of his knowledge of the system. Why would Oakland be intersted in another backup QB anyway? They need a starter. Garcia is 38, Plummer isn't going to play for TB, and the popular opinion doesn't have them taking a QB in this draft, so I don't think they will be so quick to deal Simms this year.

CJ may be taken by Oakland, but you're awfully confident that a majority of the experts will be wrong about this draft. We'll see, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ997 View Post
                            I know it takes a lot to move up to #1, dude. Taking that into account, my point was that I don't think a trade between Oakland and the Bucs will take place. Simms may be done, but I still believe he has more value to the Bucs than to Oakland because of his knowledge of the system. Why would Oakland be intersted in another backup QB anyway? They need a starter. Garcia is 38, Plummer isn't going to play for TB, and the popular opinion doesn't have them taking a QB in this draft, so I don't think they will be so quick to deal Simms this year.

CJ may be taken by Oakland, but you're awfully confident that a majority of the experts will be wrong about this draft. We'll see, I guess.
                            He would start in oakland they both ran a varation of the WCO ours has more deep throws theres more shorter stuff. The majority of the experts are always wrong when the raiders pick anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
                              He would start in oakland they both ran a varation of the WCO ours has more deep throws theres more shorter stuff. The majority of the experts are always wrong when the raiders pick anyways.
                              Simms can't hold Russell's jock. Simms will be a backup next year, and I have serious doubts as to whether he will ever be a quality starter in this league. Russell may end up being be a bust, but he has made huge strides every year of college, his mechanics are good, he's big and athletic, he's accurate, he's a winner, and he has the best arm in college. He has as good a chance as Palmer, E. Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger to be a franchise QB in this league.

The experts are always wrong about the Raiders, but you're always right?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information