McCown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCown

Been alot of talks for us trading a 4th or 5th rounder for him so we can draft Calvin Johnson. Who is for and against this? i personally am for this because it brings in a great WR who will be our future for the franchise. Plus if McCown or Walter dont work out this year, we can draft Brian Brohm, John David Booty or Colt Brennen nexy year.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

You want McCown throwing the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
      You want McCown throwing the ball?
      if we get CJ from it, yes

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Id rather have Trent Edwards throwing the ball to CJ.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Rotoworld.com

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders would like to have a veteran quarterback in place before drafting JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

I don't care whos throwing the ball as long as its CJ catching them :)

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
              Rotoworld.com

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders would like to have a veteran quarterback in place before drafting JaMarcus Russell.
              every1 on espn is saying if the trade goes down, CJ will be the pick

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                I don't care whos throwing the ball as long as its CJ catching them :)
                exactly :D

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

If we trade for McCown I'd swallow drafting CJ but i'd also like to get McCown even in the even we draft Russell.

Comment

What if the trade is for McCown & Mike Williams, so that you can draft Russell? Russell gets a year under McCown, and can step in (ala leinert) if needbe midseason.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      Because ESPN are the ones that make the picks

Comment

If they trade for McCown, and sign him to a long term deal we'll know that they view him as the QB of the fututre. But seeing how they weren't willing to do that last year, when he visited Oakland, and couldn't beat out Kitna, I don't see how signing McCown precludes us from taking Russell. I think there's a good chacne they want him to start for a year, till they feel Russell is ready to go. All this talk about Garcia, Carr, Green, McCown, it isn't saying anything about Russell, it's telling us what the Raiders think about Walter.

They might still pick Calvin Johnson. They may pick Russell. But Josh McCown won't have any affect on the pick.

Comment

Yah I agree. McCown is not going to sway the Raiders one direction or another. If Moss stays put JR is the pick, I don't see how than can justify picking CJ with Moss, Porter, Curry and Gabriel all vying for playing time already.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

The Lion's are pretty desperate for a QB of the future. If they are willing to let McCown go for a 4 or 5, I'd rather have Walter.

Passing on Russel will be a big mistake for the Raiders . . . even if it means they get CJ.

Comment

I just wish we would take a longer look at Quinn..........

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information