Raiders sign OG Cooper Carlisle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders sign OG Cooper Carlisle

Solid addition to the OL. Veteran with ZBS experience.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5656514

Cooper Carlisle will be at Invesco Field at Mile High for the Broncos' home opener this season. But he'll be on the other sideline ... in silver and black.
    Carlisle agreed to terms Thursday night to a two-year contract with the Oakland Raiders.
    The Broncos host Oakland on Sept. 16 in the second week of the season. Carlisle was a starting guard for the Broncos the past two years and likely will start for the Raiders, who mimic Denver's zone-blocking scheme. Oakland recently signed former Denver offensive lineman Cornell Green.
    Carlisle, 29, was drafted by Denver in the fourth round in 2000. The Broncos had an offer for Carlisle to return, but Denver is going to allow newly signed Montrae Holland and second-year player Chris Kuper to compete at guard. Carlisle visited Seattle, Tampa Bay and Houston before agreeing with the Raiders.
    "Cooper appreciated his time in Denver and everything they did for him," his agent, Frank Murtha, said Thursday night. "But it's time to move on."
    Defensive tackle Michael Myers is Denver's only remaining free agent.

Good pick up, wouldn't have minded seeing him in Tampa

Comment

He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...5141&Submit=Go

Comment

I have been trying to figure out what the O-line will look like and now with the singing of Carlisle and hoping we land Kalil at #33 I think this could be the starting lineup.

LT- Robert Gallery, He deserves another shot at LT now in the ZBS.

LG- Jeremy Newberry, From what I heard he can play both C and G, if we draft Kalil I would like him at guard.

C- Ryan Kalil, This would be such a great pick.

RG- Cooper Carlisle, Good pick up, will more than likely start.

RT- Kevin Boothe, Played well at guard last season, but I canít help but think he would be better off at RT in the ZBS.
        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Nice, especially for what we are trying to do.

Comment

I think this unit is going to surprise a lot of people. My optimism is starting to get a little out of control I think I need to go watch some game tape from last year.
            Love those who love you but don't let love f*ck up your vision. How much love did your loved ones have when you were broke or doing time in prison? RIP MAC DRE

Comment

I've heard of him, but I really don't know very much about him. I think he's a good fit for our system.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Hes going to automaticlly start at guard.

Comment

great news

This is such great news!!!!!

Sims is going to play though, either at LT or RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                    He had a sub-par year last year but he's been good his whole career for the most part.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...5141&Submit=Go
                    stats look very solid.
                    Peyton Manning Fanboy
                    Originally posted by Complex
                    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I think it was rotoworld that had him over Dielman as the second best FA gaurd this year.

Comment

great pick up

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

nice job kif! love it!

sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

hmmm

I don't see how anyone, including Raider haters, can say that the Raiders have not made some smart signings this offseason. Hopefully this proactive thought process carries over to the upcoming draft.

It also certainly opens up rd2 for us if both Kalil/Staley are gone. I have no idea where we would go with that pick if this turned out to be the case....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

nice pick! he fits to our new OL sheme.
                              LT-Gallery
                              LG-Sims
                              C-Newberry
                              RG-Boothe/Grove
                              RT-Blalock
                              with that OL even Walter will get time to throw the ball to CJ!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information