Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by portermvp84
    Theres a good chance that we can stop LJ after all we held Tatum Bell t only 36 yards.
    They're totally different type of running backs, our defense has a lot of speed...so they were able to contain Tatum this time. I don't see us holding LJ to only 36 yards or anywhere near that.

Comment

• Yeah we are gonna have to make some gang tackles on L J. That guy is just an animal. He's the type of runner that can wear down defenses and that can be trouble if our offense goes 3 and out almost every time.

Comment

• I could see us doing it our defense has been on a roll, I've been happy with the job Derrick Burgess and Warren Sapp have done.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Namy
          Originally posted by Komp
          We should either draft a DE or DT with our first pick. Then OL/RB/TE/WR [get the best player available] and maybe another DLineman or LB for depth.

If we get the 1st/2nd pick, we should absolutely trade down within the top5-10 and get another pick in the 2nd or something. It's going to be a really good draft for RB's and DLineman so we should take advantage of that.
          You need OLinemen. After watching that game, I kinda felt sorry for Andrew Walter. He looks like a potentially solid QB but he gets little time to throw, and he is right.. your playcalling was predictable.
          No way we take another OL with a top5 pick while still trying to fix Gallery. I have no problem taking one in the 2nd rd/3rd rd. If you regularly read this thread you'd know I advocate change on the Oakland OL in the upcoming offseason.

And yes we need a new OC NOW...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• What are the chances we win this game?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by locseti
              Originally posted by Xonraider
              Originally posted by locseti
              OK guys, if we have the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall pick in next years draft, who do you think we will take? Im assuming Michael Bush and AD are going to enter, so they are available. Im not necessarily asking you who you think we should take, (but you can include that as well) but who you think the organization will take...Can you see us giving up on Walter and taking Brady if we have the number one pick? Or can you see us taking another top Tackle and selecting Joe Thomas if we have the number 3? What about giving up on Lamont and taking Bush or AD? Calvin Johnson seems like a prospect that Al would get all googely eyed over, where does he stand??

Can we pass on a possible pro bowler like Brady Quinn? This is shaping up to be a very interesting draft and I think we all can agree on hoping that we dont take Joe Thomas, regardless of where we draft in the top 3 (I think its pretty clear we'll be drafting in the top 3.)
              Bush in the top 3

Maybe AP.. I can see it.

Brady Quinn

Joe Thomas? No way we draft another OL early. Al probably thinks its a pretty bad idea.
              Hey, our organization has made some pretty questionable choices (remember when we selected a kicker in the first round? 2 picks later, Shaun Alexander was taken) ... I said we can prolly all agree on hoping we dont take Thomas. Our organization is a different story.

And Bush is a Hog!! If he doesent get injured, he wins the Heisman Trophy and Louisville beats Rutgers on their way to an undefeated season and a BCS National Championship Title.

And AD is the moniker for Peterson, short for "all day"

Do you think we take him?
              It's not that they're bad, lol.. they just wont happen, the Raiders dont do that stuff.

I know who AD or AP is. Of course we take him if we get a top-3 [ick, I'm almost sure of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by portermvp84
                What are the chances we win this game?
                I'd like the chances better if it was in Oaktown. Arrowhead is always tough, especially for an offense that can't do anything.

Comment

• meeeeh

I hate the Chiefs waaay more than the Broncos and Chargers, so I'd love see us beat them. But they have two really good motor guys in Allan and Hali on their DL that are going to give our OL fits. I hope Walsh pulls his head out of his ass and calls some short curls and slants for the offense to run. Our defense should be ok, stack the box and make Huard throw it. Without Gonzo the Chiefs passing game doesn't scare me all that much, but they are well coached and always seem to know when to roll the dice and go deep.

Who knows with our OL. I keep waiting for them to make progress and have a breakthrough game. If we can run the ball we should have a good shot, but who knows if that is going to happen.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

• At the begining of the season, I knew we were going to suck(not this badly), but all i wanted was a win againist a AFC West team...sigh.

Comment

• Re: meeeeh

Originally posted by Komp
                      I hate the Chiefs waaay more than the Broncos and Chargers, so I'd love see us beat them. But they have two really good motor guys in Allan and Hali on their DL that are going to give our OL fits. I hope Walsh pulls his head out of his ass and calls some short curls and slants for the offense to run. Our defense should be ok, stack the box and make Huard throw it. Without Gonzo the Chiefs passing game doesn't scare me all that much, but they are well coached and always seem to know when to roll the dice and go deep.

Who knows with our OL. I keep waiting for them to make progress and have a breakthrough game. If we can run the ball we should have a good shot, but who knows if that is going to happen.
                      I have a hard time deciding if I dislike the Broncos or the Chiefs more.....Pretty sure its the Broncos.

Comment

• This is my order. With the teams i like more first. I still hate them

Chiefs
                        Chargers
                        Broncos

Comment

• I think the Broncos are defintely the most hated team in Raider Nation. Then come the Chiefs and Chargers. Every game against an AFC West opponent is a rivalry game, kind of like the Cowboys in every NFC East game. We need at least one win against an AFC opponent, but its gonna be hard to get it this week in Arrowhead against a hungry Chiefs team that is basically fighting for their playoff lives.

Comment

• Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

What a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmanz
                              Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.

What a joke.
                              Frankly, I completely understand. Either get Walsh out or make him change his scheme and add plays that Walter and the offense can run efficiently. Although I don't think there's any excuse that justifies Moss's performance this year... IMO we should dump Walsh and hire someone new (Fassel?)... It's hard to tell where we actually need help on offense because no plays ever develop. If Walsh and Davis want a deep threat stretch-the-field passing game, we have to open it with trap runs, screens, slants, and other quick plays to keep the D on their heels. Walsh is running a flat offense and I definitely see where Moss is coming from.

Also, I agree with Walter's statement that was posted (obviously). If Shell benches Walter for that, we need to have a rebellion or something... I don't want to say that Shell can't coach anymore, but sometimes business means hiring the best man for the job, and Walsh doesn't fit that description. He should have to earn his position and work to keep it, or this organization will go nowhere anytime soon.
                              Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                              Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Comment

• I wonder if Tom Walsh's bed-and-breakfast is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information