Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland Raiders Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I say we should at least give him one more shot at it, if he does bad like did at San Diego, then we should bench him and start Walter again.


    Thanks to jackalope

    Comment


    • no way! Lets not give him another shot, hes been off for weeks, is no doubt rusty, and looked ****** in both preseason and against SD. Plus Aaron Brooks is just not a good QB, I dont know why we didnt go after Joey Harrington in the offseason!!

      We have nothing to gain by starting him, hes not sticking around, and we're not gonna make the playoffs, so we have nothing to lose by playing Walter. He needs the year of experience to get fully acclimated to the NFL.

      That being said, I think that our comatosed coach will give the nod to Brooks b/c of Walter's remarks regarding our playcalling (which were right on by the way) and the fact that he's a "vet" - even if hes a mediocre vet at best.

      Comment


      • What are your opinions on Chris Simms?

        He most likely will be on the market

        Comment


        • Originally posted by locseti
          no way! Lets not give him another shot, hes been off for weeks, is no doubt rusty, and looked *********** in both preseason and against SD. Plus Aaron Brooks is just not a good QB, I dont know why we didnt go after Joey Harrington in the offseason!!

          We have nothing to gain by starting him, hes not sticking around, and we're not gonna make the playoffs, so we have nothing to lose by playing Walter. He needs the year of experience to get fully acclimated to the NFL.

          That being said, I think that our comatosed coach will give the nod to Brooks b/c of Walter's remarks regarding our playcalling (which were right on by the way) and the fact that he's a "vet" - even if hes a mediocre vet at best.
          I agree, there is no reason for Brooks to be playing at this point. No shot at the playoffs, lets see what the kid can do.

          Comment


          • Found this on another site and thought you'd get a laguh out of it.

            Raiders DT Warren Sapp recently told a group of fifth-graders that his job is to "kill the man with the ball." (And then one of the kids asked, "How do we give the ball to Art Shell?")

            Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
              Found this on another site and thought you'd get a laguh out of it.

              Raiders DT Warren Sapp recently told a group of fifth-graders that his job is to "kill the man with the ball." (And then one of the kids asked, "How do we give the ball to Art Shell?")
              lol that is fricken funny.

              Comment


              • If the Raiders put Brooks in over Walter and the season doesn't get much better, do you still think they won't draft a QB? I mean, the Jets kept Bollinger in for the rest of the season, might as well give him the experience and see if he can develop. If the Raiders bench him, what message do you think they are saying?

                Comment


                • Just because they bench Walter doesn't mean they have no faith in him. it could be they just want to get their moneys worth out of Brooks.

                  Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
                    Just because they bench Walter doesn't mean they have no faith in him. it could be they just want to get their moneys worth out of Brooks.
                    No, there isn't hope for the Raiders to make playoffs this season. Benching him does say they don't have faith in him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
                      Found this on another site and thought you'd get a laguh out of it.

                      Raiders DT Warren Sapp recently told a group of fifth-graders that his job is to "kill the man with the ball." (And then one of the kids asked, "How do we give the ball to Art Shell?")
                      bahahahhahaahhahahahahahhahahahaaaaaa

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AlexDown
                        Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
                        Just because they bench Walter doesn't mean they have no faith in him. it could be they just want to get their moneys worth out of Brooks.
                        No, there isn't hope for the Raiders to make playoffs this season. Benching him does say they don't have faith in him.

                        If Walter is getting benched it's because of his words to the media

                        Comment


                        • thats what happens when you speak your mind. Is there a timetable for Shells emergence out of his coma?

                          Comment


                          • I love Walter for coming out and said what he did, everything he said is true...somebody has to let Shell know what is going on, because he is obviously stubborn as hell.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                              I love Walter for coming out and said what he did, everything he said is true...somebody has to let Shell know what is going on, because he is obviously stubborn as hell.
                              Preach on brother

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, I agre.. I thought he had said that he doesn't care if players give opinions as long as they are like appropriate or something? Like when Moss said something and the media was all over it but it wasn't a big deal and Shell just said that he didn;t care because it wasn;t disrespectful...

                                Well what's wrong with what Walter said? He didn't call Walsh any names or even say that he is a bad OC. He just questioned the play call, and with good reason. Shell needs to snap out of it; it's not the 80s. It's not a chance to relive your days of hardnose Raider football (I wish) but rather, a chance to take what the Raiders have and make it work by playing off of our strengths rather than ONLY trying to test our weaknesses. And It's really Walsh to blame, not Shell. But Shell needs to dump Walsh or at least have someone tell him to shape it up or he's out... 2 old men can not destroy a franchise with tens of thousands of fans...
                                Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                                Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information